Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

New Wolf tv spot that includes comments from Rolling Stone review; shows more of scene on plane

http://massmediaworldorder.com/the-wolf-of-wall-street-bolt-tv-spot/

Love the tweet from guy at Box Office Mojo

Ray Subers ‏@raysubers 19m

Reaction I just heard to WOLF OF WALL STREET: "Movie of the f------ universe. No BS, Scorsese's best." Hyperbole, but still

The girl says at the beginning of the vid that if there are so many people it's because they want to see Leo, and then later she explains that people are also here for Jean, and then we see Jean that says : "I can't compete with Leonardo DiCaprio! But what's great is that he never acts like he's Leonardo DiCaprio!"

He then explains that he had to work his English even though Marty also wanted him to speak french so he had fun doing both and improvising and apparently Marty kept some of the scenes in which he improvised. He stayed only 3 days in Brooklyn so it was mostly a participation in the movie, he said the experience made him humble cause you don't act like a fool with Leo and Marty even though it was very funny and simple. He said the shooting was not so different from what he did with french movies.

Finally he said that Leo and Marty were like kids cause they still have that capacity to have fun all the time !

IKilledKenny

Tks so much for translation :flower: :flower:

What great words about Leo

"I can't compete with Leonardo DiCaprio! But what's great is that he never acts like he's Leonardo DiCaprio!"

Also love his final comment about Leo & Marty

Finally he said that Leo and Marty were like kids cause they still have that capacity to have fun all the time !

Wolf ties for #1 movie of the year on New Yorker list

1–2 (tie). “The Wolf of Wall Street” (due to embargo until December 17th, silence reigns for now) and “To the Wonder.”

3. “Like Someone in Love.”

4–5 (tie). “Computer Chess” and “Upstream Color.”

6. “Night Across the Street.”

7. “A Touch of Sin.”

8. “Blue Is the Warmest Color.”

9. “An Oversimplification of Her Beauty.”

10–12 (tie). “Inside Llewyn Davis,” “Sun Don’t Shine,” and “Ain’t Them Bodies Saints

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/movies/2013/12/the-best-movies-of-2013-richard-brody.html

Report from Aint It Cool writer on recent #BNAT and Wolf of Wall Street

This, flat out, is one of the best movies to have ever played a BNAT. I can't review it at length right now due to embargo, but I will later. Because I can't wait to talk about this goddamn fucking masterpiece. And it is. No ifs, ands, or buts. This is Martin Scorsese at his very best - I'm talking GOODFELLAS and RAGING BULL levels of excellence here. If that doesn't give you a movie hard-on, I don't know what can. It fits right in there with Scorsese's great crime movies. I really, really wish Paramount had screened this earlier in critics award consideration season, because I think this one would have topped all of them. If you care about that sort of thing.

Did I mention how fucking funny this movie is? It's easily Scorsese's funniest film. The screenplay is so full of wit (and more drug humor than anything Kevin Smith has ever done - hell, the last movie that had this much drug humor was probably a Cheech and Chong) and charm that you root for these guys, even as you realize that they are utterly fucking our entire economic way of life. Leonardo DiCaprio is a goddamn revelation in this movie. His physical comedy alone should get him serious awards consideration - one scene where DiCaprio simply tries to get into his car is pure sliced gold - but he fills Jordan Belfort with such vitriol and douchebaggery that we by all rights should be hunting him down like an angry mob straight out of FRANKENSTEIN. But you you want him to win, because THE WOLF OF WALL STREET asks us what we would do in the same spot. Jonah Hill is incredible in this movie as well, and if anyone wondered what kind of an actor Hill is before, wait until you see him in this. He is no dabbler - he IS Donnie Azoff, a once nice young man who gleefully throws all his morals to the side once the money starts coming in.

Scorsese shows the real empty glamour of this lifestyle, and tempts us all like a snake with the apple. And the way the decadence of THE WOLF OF WALL STREET is presented, I don't know a single person in today's America who could turn that down. THE WOLF OF WALL STREET isn't an indictment of capitalism - it's simply a mirror. What we see in that mirror is on us. It's one of Martin Scorsese's very best films. You cannot have a conversation about the best films of 2013 without THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. It's that simple.