Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Apparently leo raised over 3 million dollars last night :dance:

Not only can Leonardo DiCaprio throw one of the coolest birthday parties in NYC, but he can also raise a significant amount of money for charity. The actor hosted a charity 39th birthday party for himself at TAO Downtown in the Big Apple last night. Leo raised $3 million for the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation with a special auction that included two bottles of Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 1921, which were featured in The Great Gatsby, and a one-of-a-kind, handcrafted Roségold Mathusalem of Dom Pérignon. Leo also celebrated with a private dinner with Martin Scorsese, Orlando Bloom, Edward Norton, Benicio del Toro, Tobey Maguire, and Yankee stars Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez.

After his star-studded feast, Leo had a prime spot in front of the stage, where Kanye West and 2 Chainz performed for the birthday boy, who danced with his arms around girlfriend Toni Garrn. At one point, Leo even kissed Toni while Kanye gave him a shout-out.

http://www.popsugar.com/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Birthday-Party-NYC-32407256

George Clooney's reclarifies his comments about Leo in Esquire interview

In the interview, Clooney recalled playing basketball with the Titantic star in Cabo San Lucas and claimed that Leo talked a big game only to lose big time to the gray-haired hunk.

"The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what's what," Clooney told Esquire. "I'm not sure if Leo has someone like that."

George's publicist has since clarified Clooney's quotes, insisting the actor wasn't trying to throw shade at the 39-year-old star.

"The Leo comments were all made in fun about basketball," The Descendants star's publicist tells E! News. "Not about Leo's life. The writer and George were laughing about basketball buddies."

http://www.eonline.com/news/479808/george-clooney-s-publicist-clarifies-leonardo-dicaprio-russell-crowe-disses?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-celebritynews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rss_celebritynews

In the interview, Clooney recalled playing basketball with the Titantic star in Cabo San Lucas and claimed that Leo talked a big game only to lose big time to the gray-haired hunk.

"The discrepancy between their game and how they talked about their game made me think of how important it is to have someone in your life to tell you what's what," Clooney told Esquire. "I'm not sure if Leo has someone like that."

George's publicist has since clarified Clooney's quotes, insisting the actor wasn't trying to throw shade at the 39-year-old star.

"The Leo comments were all made in fun about basketball," The Descendants star's publicist tells E! News. "Not about Leo's life. The writer and George were laughing about basketball buddies."

http://www.eonline.com/news/479808/george-clooney-s-publicist-clarifies-leonardo-dicaprio-russell-crowe-disses?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-celebritynews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rss_celebritynews

I see... now he's trying to turn it around. Maybe he should've thought about his words. The next time he asks for Leo's help or wants him for some movie or benefit, I hope he says he's busy with other things. He's so snobby and egotistical!

LOL, thanks oxford - when I read that Esquire article, I thought somewhere down the line, Clooney would regret or feel the heat about what he said and try to retract the comments. I wonder if he said anything about the Crowe part, which I actually think was worse - I mean, Russell apoligized and Clooney still is upset about it after all these years??What a douche

^^ Well said. George isn't fooling anyone here  :neo2:.

But I doubt Leo would deny help... he has such a big heart  :heart:... and Clooney has such a big ego to ask for help anyway  :cain:.

I wonder if he said anything about the Crowe part, which I actually think was worse - I mean, Russell apoligized and Clooney still is upset about it after all these years??What a douche

Nope! Just about the part on Leo ;).

True, in the article, the writer brings up the fact that when he got Leo's interview, it was in a conference room whereas George invited the writer to his home for the interview. But I still love the fact that Clooney's publicist put out that statement right away - shows the powe of Leo, IMO.

But I still don't think George comment about Leo was really that bad. He was more upset with Leo's friend than with Leo himself. And that basketball thing seems pretty legit, it sounds like something some of Leo's friends would do, in my opinion. I would be pretty pissed too if I was amically proposing a basketball game and have people taking it so seriously and making it into a big competition. Now, I don't think Leo was involved at all in this story, all George said was that some of Leo's friends acted a little too much as if they were big shots while they're really not. And I really don't think George has anything against Leo, they worked together on Ides of March. And the fact he rectifies just shows that the story was twisted by the journalist (once again in my opinion) I don't know guys, there's no need to over react about that I think.

Here, I played devil's advocate too :hehe:

I see... now he's trying to turn it around. Maybe he should've thought about his words. The next time he asks for Leo's help or wants him for some movie or benefit, I hope he says he's busy with other things. He's so snobby and egotistical!