Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Another possible Leo future film role from Deadline Hollywood

Warner Bros Buys ‘Rasputin’ Pitch That Jason Hall Will Write For Leonardo DiCaprio

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired Rasputin, a pitch by American Sniper scribe Jason Hall that will be developed for Leonardo DiCaprio to play the Russian mystic who became an advisor to the Russian Imperial family the Romanovs. Embraced by Tsar Nicholas II and Alexandra as a healer for their only son, Tsarevich Alexei, who secretly suffered from hemophilia, Rasputin’s influence with the family in all matters grew to the point that rivals tried several times to kill him, finally succeeding in 1916. The film will be produced by Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick, by DiCaprio’s Appian Way partner Jennifer Davisson Killoran and Peter Morgan, who’s a producer on the Hall-scripted adaptation of American Sniper, which Steven Spielberg will direct with Bradley Cooper playing Navy SEAL elite sniper Chris Kyle.

This will become the blind script commitment I wrote that Hall had made at Warner Bros, this coming after that studio and DreamWorks teaming up on American Sniper. The screenwriter is also in early talks to adapt as a possible Spielberg project the David Finkel book Thank You For Your Service, about the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder syndrome that is becoming a major issue for vets returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

There have been numerous movies made about Rasputin and the controversial role he played in the Russian court, but there were new elements here unearthed by Hall that sparked DiCaprio’s interest and gave psychological depth to the so called “mad monk.” To his enemies, he was a charlatan who prolifically bedded women, possibly including the Tsar’s wife. DiCaprio liked the complicated elements of a child who lost the better part of himself when his brother died, and was capable of kindness but also a ruthlessness. Rasputin, who earlier had survived being stabbed, was shot, strangled, shot again, all in one night, and finally drowned when thrown into the icy Neva River.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/warner-bros-buys-rasputin-pitch-that-jason-hall-will-write-for-leonardo-dicaprio-2/

ANOTHER possible Leo project!

Leonardo DiCaprio to Star in 'Rasputin' Film!

Leonardo DiCaprio is set to star as the title character in the upcoming film Rasputin, according to Deadline.

The 38-year-old actor will play the Russian mystic “who became an advisor to the Russian Imperial family the Romanovs.” He was embraced by Tsar Nicholas II as a healer for his only son, but his influence with the family in all matters “grew to the point that rivals tried several times to kill him, finally succeeding in 1916.”

Leo reportedly liked the idea that this film brings up different sides to Rasputin that were recently unearthed, like how he was capable of switching easily between kindness and ruthlessness, and that he was a charlatan who prolifically bedded women.

http://www.justjared.com/2013/06/07/leonardo-dicaprio-to-star-in-rasputin-film/

Thanks for the Rasputin film news! Wonder how it will work out and if Leo will end up starring. Though it'll be some time before we know for sure. :p At first glance I thought Spielberg was directing, I really want to see another collaboration between the two. :heart:

1150012_no_web_leonardo_dicaprio_arrive_avec_62.jpg

"Leonardo DiCaprio arrive avec sa mère Irmelin Indenbirken et sa nouvelle petite amie Toni Garrn, arrivent en jet privé à l'aéroport de Nice le 14 mai 2013."

http://www.purepeopl...eux_a122445/4#4

Posts must be in English especially conversations. If you find something online (like an article) that is not in English it is common courtesy to translate it into English prior to posting and credit the original source. edited by MauiKane

Edited by MauiKane

Thanks to all for Leo pix, articles, and vid :flower:

Starla

Tks for new pix of Leo arriving at Nice airport :)

I saw pix earlier today of celebs arriving today in Nice for Tamara Ecclestone's million dollar wedding, I wonder if Leo might ,also, be attending

Fash

Tks for information as to when those pix were from , I wrongly thought they were from today :p

Now that I look back I can see they are part of the series of pix below that we saw back on 5/14 when Leo first arrived

from New York right after the 11th Hour Auction on 5/13

And , now , we know the blonde haired woman in pix with Leo is Toni

Shirah

Tks for Versailles vid ; can see Leo was annoyed by presence of paps .

may14b.jpg may14a.jpg