Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks all for the updates! He looks so good :drool: That green shirt looks gooodd on him :drool:

Another possible new leo project. Would love for this one to happen, never heard of this comic book, but sounds interesting!

Leonardo Dicaprio - Leonardo DiCaprio for The Secret Service?

Leonardo Dicaprio may star in 'The Secret Service'.

The 'Great Gatsby' actor is reportedly tipped to star alongside Colin Firth in Matthew Vaughn's new action thriller, based on the comic book series by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons.

The star is being lined up to play a villainous character opposite Firth's secret agent and if a deal is made, the project would mark DiCaprio's first foray into comic book movies.

A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Leo is the perfect bad guy. Comic book films aren't usually associated with him but this could be a great fit.''

The movie centres on a London hoodlum who is recruited by his uncle into a secret British spy school that transforms young troublemakers into refined, charming secret agents in the mould of James Bond.

Firth is set to play the uncle who teaches his nephew the tricks of the spy trade, while casting is under way for the other lead role after Aaron Taylor-Johnson - who starred in Vaughn's hit 2009 movie 'Kick-Ass' - turned down the part.

The script comes from Vaughn and screenwriter Jane Goldman, the duo behind 'Kick-Ass'.

As well as directing, Vaughn is producing through his Marv Films production company.

'The Secret Service' is due for release in November 2014.

http://www.contactmu...service_3700823

Baz Luhrmann’s Gatsby isn’t great, but Leonardo DiCaprio’s sure is

But then, a miracle occurs: Leonardo DiCaprio appears on screen. Whereas Luhrmann gives the impression of not having read the novel through to the end (it does contain a lot of long words), DiCaprio understands and embodies his role. His Gatsby is good to look at (enough to eat, in fact) but conscious that it’s all an artifice. Two scenes that work especially well: one, Gatsby flees the cottage before meeting Daisy, hides in the rain, and then walks back in dripping wet. He’s not a class act but a klutz – not an aristo in linen but a little boy with a crush. Two, Gatsby confronts Daisy’s husband and his gangster id takes over. JG rolls with Tom Buchanan’s verbal punches and then explodes with fury – a terrifying moment that leaves the audience as breathless as the characters. Crucially, these are scenes where Luhrmann has expanded upon the text in partnership with DiCaprio's instincts as an actor. Here the innovation works and it works because it feels spontaneous, it feels real – in contrast with Luhrmann's overly choreographed follies.

Indeed, by attacking Luhrmann's direction I'm not making the case that the only good adaptation is a literal one. That can be equally disastrous. The 1974 Gatsby was so deferential that it felt like a study aide, and Robert Redford played Gatsby with such respect that his restrained performance was reminiscent of a mannequin. Thomas Wolfe wrote, “I'll never forgive the 1974 version of The Great Gatsby, which was the Fitzgerald novel as reinterpreted by the garment industry. Throughout the picture Robert Redford wore white suits. They fitted so badly that every time he turned a corner there was an eighty-microsecond lag before they joined him.” By contrast, DiCaprio’s performance is so vivid and real that he fairly bursts through the seams of his pretty pink suit. This is Gatsby as I’ve always imagined him: a man who wears his own face as an ill-fitting disguise.

DiCaprio's understanding of JG is vastly superior because he sees the violence and narcissism that motivate Gatsby's unobtainable desires. Little Leo saves the movie and gives us a reason to want to pick up the novel again – and try to recapture our own golden memories of first reading it. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past…"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100220200/baz-luhrmanns-gatsby-isnt-great-but-leonardo-dicaprios-sure-is/

Baz Luhrmann’s Gatsby isn’t great, but Leonardo DiCaprio’s sure is

But then, a miracle occurs: Leonardo DiCaprio appears on screen. Whereas Luhrmann gives the impression of not having read the novel through to the end (it does contain a lot of long words), DiCaprio understands and embodies his role. His Gatsby is good to look at (enough to eat, in fact) but conscious that it’s all an artifice. Two scenes that work especially well: one, Gatsby flees the cottage before meeting Daisy, hides in the rain, and then walks back in dripping wet. He’s not a class act but a klutz – not an aristo in linen but a little boy with a crush. Two, Gatsby confronts Daisy’s husband and his gangster id takes over. JG rolls with Tom Buchanan’s verbal punches and then explodes with fury – a terrifying moment that leaves the audience as breathless as the characters. Crucially, these are scenes where Luhrmann has expanded upon the text in partnership with DiCaprio's instincts as an actor. Here the innovation works and it works because it feels spontaneous, it feels real – in contrast with Luhrmann's overly choreographed follies.

Indeed, by attacking Luhrmann's direction I'm not making the case that the only good adaptation is a literal one. That can be equally disastrous. The 1974 Gatsby was so deferential that it felt like a study aide, and Robert Redford played Gatsby with such respect that his restrained performance was reminiscent of a mannequin. Thomas Wolfe wrote, “I'll never forgive the 1974 version of The Great Gatsby, which was the Fitzgerald novel as reinterpreted by the garment industry. Throughout the picture Robert Redford wore white suits. They fitted so badly that every time he turned a corner there was an eighty-microsecond lag before they joined him.” By contrast, DiCaprio’s performance is so vivid and real that he fairly bursts through the seams of his pretty pink suit. This is Gatsby as I’ve always imagined him: a man who wears his own face as an ill-fitting disguise.

DiCaprio's understanding of JG is vastly superior because he sees the violence and narcissism that motivate Gatsby's unobtainable desires. Little Leo saves the movie and gives us a reason to want to pick up the novel again – and try to recapture our own golden memories of first reading it. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past…"

http://blogs.telegra...aprios-sure-is/

But for sure I will love this movie, c'mon...hehe...I just can't wait any longer!! :chicken:

But at least they are prasing our "little Leo" hehe :heart:

Tks a lot Oxford.

Tks for the artricle Kat...it seems interesting!

does anyone know where you can get a copy of that magazine he's talking about in the video??? i checked my local chapters & can't find it.....

I just bought a copy of it at my local Dollar General. It's not something I would seek out but there it was staring me in the face as I checked out so I had to buy it, It was still $10, no discount.