Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Princess: Thanks for the NY tweets!

Great Gatsby star Leonardo DiCaprio: I was on a plane when the engine exploded

Leonardo DiCaprio has had some very dramatic moments in his life both on and off screen.

The Great Gatsby star had a close call when a plane he was flying in got into serious trouble mid-air.

‘I was on a Delta flight in business class and was the only person looking out the window when the engine exploded,' says Leo, 38.

‘It wasn't fun. Then the other engine shut off and there was this eerie silence for about a minute.

‘It was dark and we were just floating through the air.'

Leo's character Jack famously lost his life in the epic 1997 movie Titanic but the actor has been much more fortunate, having had several lucky escapes from life-threatening situations.

‘I've had a few of those situations in my life and, thank God, I've got out of them,' he tells The Ticket.

‘But I've had quite a few close calls.'

http://www.nowmagazi..._medium=twitter

Princess: Thanks for the NY tweets!

Great Gatsby star Leonardo DiCaprio: I was on a plane when the engine exploded

Leonardo DiCaprio has had some very dramatic moments in his life both on and off screen.

The Great Gatsby star had a close call when a plane he was flying in got into serious trouble mid-air.

‘I was on a Delta flight in business class and was the only person looking out the window when the engine exploded,' says Leo, 38.

‘It wasn't fun. Then the other engine shut off and there was this eerie silence for about a minute.

‘It was dark and we were just floating through the air.'

Leo's character Jack famously lost his life in the epic 1997 movie Titanic but the actor has been much more fortunate, having had several lucky escapes from life-threatening situations.

‘I've had a few of those situations in my life and, thank God, I've got out of them,' he tells The Ticket.

‘But I've had quite a few close calls.'

http://www.nowmagazi..._medium=twitter

The man is like a cat! He has 9 lives!!

Lavish bashes at Venice Biennale for Salma Hayek, Leonardo DiCaprio

The Venice Biennale’s three-day VIP preview began Wednesday, kicking off a raft of ritzy parties along the canals. French luxury -goods mogul François Pinault threw a lavish party celebrating his shows at Venice’s Punta della Dogana and Palazzo Grassi that brought out guests including his son François-Henri and daughter-in-law Salma Hayek, Leonardo DiCaprio and his wing man Lukas Haas, Damien Hirst, Larry Gagosian, Jean Pigozzi and Goga Ashkenazi. Meanwhile, Miuccia Prada and Patrizio Bertelli’s Fondazione Prada hosted an earlier lunch reception for guests including Hirst, starchitect Rem Koolhaas and Jeffrey Deitch. On the other end of the spectrum, artist-to-the-stars Domingo Zapata sold more than $1 million at a “Midsummer Night’s Dream” show of paintings, mosaics and bullfighting jackets. Blaine Trump and Francesco Missoni were the first two guests to snap up jackets, which had all been worn by famous matadors, and we hear Francesco plans to surprise his father, Marco Maccapani, with the work as a birthday gift. Guests included Teresa Missoni, Barbara Berlusconi, Camilla Cipriani and Francesca Versace. Pinault has had a triumphant Venice after suffering an art world setback before the Biennale when a controversial public sculpture he commissioned was removed by the city to be replaced with a reproduction of an old lamppost. http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/excess_in_venice_UGZmcKfqw6YsRRjdmRfwtO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Page%20Six

From Hollywood Reporter: New tv project for Leo's Appian Way

Hot Book 'The Shining Girls' Acquired by MRC, DiCaprio's Appian Way (Exclusive)

The serial killer time travel story is aimed for television in a rare small-screen effort for the actor's production company.

MRC and Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way are teaming up to adapt The Shining Girls, written by Lauren Beukes and generating buzz as one of this summer’s must-read

The two companies, however, are not aiming for a feature adaptation but rather intend to develop the project for television.

MRC has picked up the rights with Appian executive producing. John Ridley, vp production at the shingle, identified the book and brought it to MRC. The project marks a rare but splashy foray into TV for Appian, which previously made the environmental reality show Greensburg.

Shining Girls doesn't come out until June 4, but it's already generating praise for its mix of historical fiction, gritty crime and sci-fi, including a favorable early review in The New York Times and strong buzz from librarians and booksellers who read early galley copies.

The novel tells the story of a serial killer named Harper Curtis who discovers a house in Depression-era Chicago that allows him to time travel through the decades. To keep traveling, he must kill “shining girls,” girls burning bright with talent and potential.

One of his victims, Kirby Mazrachi, survives and teams up with an ex-homicide reporter at the Chicago Sun-Times in order to bring the killer to justice.

Beukes is a South African writer who also wrote Moxyland and Zoo City, whose film rights were acquired by South African producer Helena Spring.

While better known for its involvement in such movies as Ted and the upcoming Elysium, MRC has made waves in TV as the company behind Netflix's House of Cards. It also produced HBO’s The Ricky Gervais Show and The Life and Times of Tim

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hot-book-shining-girls-acquired-561252

Princess

Tks for more trip pix ,as well as, Berlinale article :)

Kat

Tks for Leo's air problem article, Teen Choice voting link, and MTV/Menace society information :)

Pami

Tks for Gatsby/Aussie article; I hope the film does do very well in Australia :)

Nooooooo :rofl:

Nanda I think the tweet were not accurate since I read a sighting of Leo today about him walking in Venice wearing some mask ... ehhh!!! and now I know to what they were referring... LOL

stylebop.com@Stylebop 5h SPOTTED IN VENICE: Leonardo DiCaprio navigating the city anonymously in a Venetian mask. #venice #biennale

Again... whyyyy??? :rofl: Oh Leo... you kill me :rofl:

I'd never seen this pic before...those tender eyes caught my heart!! :heart:

989d7d.png

Pami, can you post the source or the place where you found it? Because I can't save this pic the way you posted :idk: and I really loved this one :woot:. Please!

It's a beautiful shot. Thanks for sharing :flower:.

I laugh because it's funny and embarrassing on one side but on second thought I have to say it must be incredibly frustrating for him not be able to visit a museum or anything without a little privacy or photographers taking photos in his face. So I confess that even I would do this .. I just wish that it actually worked. Even with this, he has paps following every step without leaving him a minute in peace.

For real! That's exactly how I feel. We are so selfish :laugh:... we're always asking for new pics (mea culpa :p), but we know how much Leo hates the paps. I love all the new photos, but like you said it must be frustrating. The day after, seeing your face everywhere, ugh.

My poor baby :heart:. I would hate to have those strangers following every step of my private life :jimmy:.

That's how I feel about Leo as well...sometimes he just wants to be able to go somewhere without paps surrouding him all the time! That' sucks...really.

He may be Leonardo DiCaprio,but he's also a human being...and sometimes we just want to be ouserlves.

Tks for everything girls! :flower: