Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From Hollywood Reporter today

The Great Gatsby’ Hits $100 Million in the U.S

great_gatsby_fireworks.jpg

Warner Bros. 3D adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby” has reached the $100 million mark at the U.S. box office after 14 days of release.

“Gatsby,” directed by Baz Luhrmann and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, has taken in an additional $64.4 million overseas for a worldwide cume of $164.4 million with major markets such as Australia, Mexico, Brazil and Japan yet to open.

We all congratulate Baz and his amazing cast and crew on the success of the film which will continue to enjoy the lucrative summer play time,” WB distribution prexy Dan Fellman said in a statement.

Sue Kroll, prexy of worldwide marketing added, “We had the benefit of a wonderful collaboration with this extraordinary director and his cast and team. The film Baz put together, with its modern yet timeless feel, including its surprising musical mix, gave us all the elements we needed to create a pervasive and evocative marketing campaign that has resonated with audiences everywhere.”

Budgeted at $100 million, “Gatsby” reps one of the few female-targeted pics in a summer full of male-driven action tentpoles. Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton co-star in the stylized feature

Forbes article tells us a bit more about Leo's future outerspace trip

I would love to experiene the weightlessness, floating around the cabin and the views

This is one easy how-to article.

How do you get to go into outerspace with an A-lister, in this case Leonardo DiCaprio? Well, first you have to be go to the Cannes Film Festival and bid on the same trip Leo is taking aboard Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic SpaceShipII. Then you fork over about $1.5 million to lock it down.

That’s what 37 year old Vasily Klyukin, a Russian businessman living in Monaco, did recently according to Sky News.

It’s easy to hate a guy like that, but hold on a second. His millions are going to charity. He paid the highest bid for the seat at the 20th amfAR bash, the Cinema Against AIDS charity auction held annually on the sidelines of the Cannes Film Festival. Vasily will spend three days in training with DiCaprio in New Mexico before the trip sometime next year.

SpaceShipII is expected to take passengers to an altitude of 68.3 miles in just a two-hour flight that includes a four-minute period of weightlessness. Passengers will be allowed to float around the cabin. Branson, whose Virgin Group co-owns Virgin Galactic with United Arab Emirates based Aabar Investments, said in April following successful tests of the ship’s engines in flight that “anything is possible after today.”

Branson said he hopes his Virgin Galactic will be ready for lift off with the planet’s first space tourists by December of this year.

Only 500 people have ever been to outer space.

Thanks to Virgin Galactic, another 300 people want to join that list, including at least 11 Russians who have booked on line. Ria Novosti newswire said they paid $200,000 each.

So, you can buy a small little house in the American south, or you can spend a few hours going where few men have gone before.

From Hollywood Reporter today

The Great Gatsby’ Hits $100 Million in the U.S

great_gatsby_fireworks.jpg

Warner Bros. 3D adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby” has reached the $100 million mark at the U.S. box office after 14 days of release.

“Gatsby,” directed by Baz Luhrmann and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, has taken in an additional $64.4 million overseas for a worldwide cume of $164.4 million with major markets such as Australia, Mexico, Brazil and Japan yet to open.

We all congratulate Baz and his amazing cast and crew on the success of the film which will continue to enjoy the lucrative summer play time,” WB distribution prexy Dan Fellman said in a statement.

Sue Kroll, prexy of worldwide marketing added, “We had the benefit of a wonderful collaboration with this extraordinary director and his cast and team. The film Baz put together, with its modern yet timeless feel, including its surprising musical mix, gave us all the elements we needed to create a pervasive and evocative marketing campaign that has resonated with audiences everywhere.”

Budgeted at $100 million, “Gatsby” reps one of the few female-targeted pics in a summer full of male-driven action tentpoles. Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton co-star in the stylized feature

Very nice comments from Ioan Gruffudd who worked with Leo on Titanic

Ioan Gruffudd still gets ''excited'' when he meets famous people.

The 'Fantastic Four' actor - who is expecting his second child, a sibling for three-year-old Ella, with wife Alice Evans - has worked in Hollywood for over 10 years but admits he still feels in awe of other celebrities.

He said: ''I've gotten used to it now, but it's still exciting. The more time you spend in places mingling with celebrities, the more confident you become.''

Ioan worked with Leonardo DiCaprio on 'Titanic' in 1997, and despite his huge successes, the US star is just the same now as he was back then.

Ioan said: ''He's such a lovely guy and an amazing actor. He's so consistent too. Whenever I see him, he always remembers our time together - even though it was about 15 years ago now.''

The Welsh actor believes big stars are often nicer and less diva-like than up-and-coming faces because they are comfortable with themselves.

He told Britain's OK! magazine: ''I think it's because the bigger stars know they don't have anything to prove. They've achieved everything they wanted and they've done it all. It's the wannabes who let it go to their heads because they haven't quite achieved the status they want in the industry.''

http://www.divine.ca/en/entertainment/celebrity-news-gossip/c_50_i_bs2bs626695/ioan-gruffudd-gets-starstruck-1.html

This article is mentioning something about it...

Edit:

I will just post the part of the article that mentions Monaco. The rest can read it in the link:

DiCaprio by the way is going next to the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo. He’s been at least three times to the famed Michelangelo restaurant in Antibes. His mother told me he gave her and her boyfriend an all expenses paid stay at the duCap and at the Festival, which was pretty nice. http://www.showbiz41...-allow-pictures

bloody hell!

Leo has magazine covers' overload :woot:

Esquire Singapore May 2013

Skip Germany May 2013

Cinemania Spain May 2013

Lifo Greece May 2013

Mad Belgium May 15, 2013

post-42076-0-1446085728-57059_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446085728-58842_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446085728-60901_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446085728-62846_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446085728-6558_thumb.jpg

misc covers

OK! magazine Special The Amazing 90's 2013

Bunte Germany May 2013

Public France May 17-23, 2013

Crazia UK May 2013

post-42076-0-1446085728-66972_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446085728-68978_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446085728-70415_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446085728-71876_thumb.jpg

haha, Cara-Leo rumors on Grazia's cover :laugh:

Apparently Leo & Cammie are in Monaco for Tag Heuer

post-52324-0-1446085729-64005_thumb.jpg

Diaz and DiCaprio Hollywood stars in Monaco

By Mathias Brunner 25.05.13-08:10

Formula 1 GP something glamorous glamor: Actors Cameron Diaz and Leonardo DiCaprio arrive.

Until now it was only a rumor, now it's confirmed: watchmaker TAG Heuer brings the Hollywood stars Cameron Diaz ("Charlie's Angels") and Leonardo DiCaprio ("The Great Gatsby") to Monte Carlo, the two Hollywood stars are formula -1-air sniff.

Today Saturday evening they attend a reception on the yacht "Delma". There they will meet the other brand ambassadors: The four-time Formula 1 champion Alain Prost, McLaren star Jenson Button, World Rally Championship leader Sebastien Ogier and Lotus driver Romain Grosjean.

Two is not entirely foreign to motorsports. Diaz grew up near Long Beach, California where she pursued the road race several times. In her role as an angel she also tucked behind the racing steering wheel.

DiCaprio says: "Monaco is for me the greatest race in the world, I would not want to miss, anyway when I visit the Film Festival of Cannes with the new Gatsby movie."

DiCaprio collaborates with TAG Heuer on several environmental projects. Wrist he wears a curtsey to another Hollywood icon Steve McQueen - a TAG Heuer Monaco 24

http://www.speedweek.de/art_38563.html

Princess

Tks for Monaco tweet , Monaco article excerpt, and very funny Titanic graphic :)

Sic

So many wonderful magazine tweets, I so wish we had a Gatsby cover here in the states for purchase ; I love the Spain one with Leo & Carey on cover , tks :flower:

Lua

Tks for TMZ vid ; love Harvey's comment that "I've heard he's a really great guy", as well as, his reply that not everyone who has money is a great guy "

More Leo/Cammie/Grand Prix/Tag Heuer pix

774604899.jpg

774604368.jpg

Fash

Yes, after Harvey said he's always heard that Leo was a great guy, one of the reporters said "Well , it's easy to be a 'great guy' when you have lots of money," , and Harvey told him "No, not everyone with money is a nice person"

It's funny but it reminded me of Leo's Gatsby, I could just hear Nick saying that about Gatsby :)

As to Leo/Cammie pix, I always love seeing him with his long time friend Cammie