Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks all for the updates! Yeah thats definetly chuck taking the selfie :p

Sounds like this Travis McGee project that was floating around a few years ago might be in the works again too:

Dennis Lehane and Leonardo DiCaprio Working Together on Fox’s Travis McGee

Move over, Ben Affleck. Looks like Dennis Lehane and Leonardo DiCaprio have a bit of a bromance going on. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lehane will write the screenplay for Travis McGee, an adaptation DiCaprio is both producing and starring in.

Travis McGee is based on John D. MacDonald’s The Deep Blue Good-by, the first of 21 novels in the Travis McGee series. (Sequel potential, anyone?) The mystery series follows main character Travis McGee, a detective with neither a police badge or a private-eye license—he’s a “salvage consultant” who recovers valuable property for his desperate clients, for the nominal fee of half that property’s value.

Sounds simple, right? Wrong. Come on folks, since when does Leonardo DiCaprio play straightforward characters? And since when does Dennis Lehane write simple stories? Remember, these are two guys who are already connected through three of Lehane’s dramatic works: Shutter Island, Running Out of Dog (in development), and Live By Night (in pre-production).

20th Century Fox sees franchise potential in the series, and since the book series spans a number of years in McGee’s life, it doesn’t seem farfetched to imagine DiCaprio playing him for multiple films. DiCaprio hasn’t been in any sequels in the past (his characters tend to die at the end: Titanic, The Departed, etc.), but hey, there’s a first time for everything.

Unlike his previous screenplays, Travis McGee is not based on one of Lehane’s own works. But the crime writer is more than qualified for the task. Just consider his book-to-movie track record: Mystic River was directed by Clint Eastwood, Gone Baby Gone starring Casey Affleck was directed by Ben Affleck, and DiCaprio starred in the Martin Scorcese-directed Shutter Island.

Plus, both DiCaprio and Affleck are producers on Live by Night (which Affleck is also directing and starring in). Still need more Lehane-penned films to look forward to? Well, Animal Rescue is in post-production, Depravity is in development, and oh! One more: DiCaprio is producing Running Out of Dog, based on a Lehane short story.

http://www.bostonmag...o-travis-mcgee/

Great Gatsby star Leonardo DiCaprio is no lad-about-town, says Tobey Maguire

LEONARDO DiCaprio's reputation as a lad-about-town has been seriously overstated, according to old mate Tobey Maguire.

"Truthfully ,most of the time Leo and I were (in Sydney) we were working 13 /14 hours a day,'' said the actor, in town for the Australian premiere of The Great Gatsby.

"So we would work for 14 hours and then go back to this room and spend an hour or two discussing what we were going to do the next day. There wasn't a whole lot of time to do anything but work.''

Maguire did, however, diplomatically sidestep the question about how he felt about getting lumbered with press duties while Leo continued to party in Cannes.

"Well, Leo has been with the film doing lots of press and he sends his regrets,'' said Maguire, sounding very much like a loyal friend.

"He loves Australia and really wanted to come and was actively trying to get out of the commitment he had. But he wasn't able to.

http://www.heraldsun...0-1226648128130

Thanks all for the updates! Yeah thats definetly chuck taking the selfie

Actually it's Vinnie, in other pics we can see him more clearly :p Thanks for the updates :flower: Loved hearing what Tobey had to say. :heart: The Australian press needs to relax, they've been harping on him ever since he first arrived in Sydney to film the movie lol :p As someone wisely mentioned the Cannes festival is more than just a place to party, it's also a place of business where producers, studios etc meet up to try to get backing for their projects. Hopefully this Dennis Lehane project works out. :) We really dont see what leo does 24/7 just like back during Gatsby filming we never saw Tobey and Leo meeting up discussing work but it happened. :) who knows the exact reason but at the end of the day Gatsby has been successful and Warner Brothers has even publicly stated how a big part of the success was Leo himself, him being at that premiere really isn't that crucial. :)

Pix of Leo from last night's De Grisogono event at Eden Roc

post-52324-0-1446085697-63791_thumb.jpg

post-52324-0-1446085697-66658_thumb.jpg

Baz Luhrmann respects DiCaprio's choice

BAZ Luhrmann says Leonardo DiCaprio couldn't make the Australian premiere of The Great Gatsby for personal reasons.

"And I know he made the right decision," he told AAP. "He shouldn't be here."

Luhrmann last spoke with DiCaprio at Cannes Film Festival and says they discussed his trip back to Sydney, where The Great Gatsby was filmed.

"There are things in your own personal life where you've got to draw a line and we talked about it," he says.

"He did exactly the right thing in my opinion."

The Great Gatsby stars, including Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton, will be gracing the red carpet on Wednesday night at the Australian premiere.

DiCaprio, who plays the lead role of Jay Gatsby and also starred in Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet, released a statement this week citing a "schedule change".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/luhrmann-respects-dicaprios-choice/story-fn3dxiwe-1226648684380

Fash

Agree with your comments above (Y)

Shine

Tks for more Pop Sugar pix :)

Kat

Tks for Tobey/Sydney interview and Hollywood Reporter/Travis McGee article :)

who knows the exact reason but at the end of the day Gatsby has been successful and Warner Brothers has even publicly stated how a big part of the success was Leo himself, him being at that premiere really isn't that crucial. :)

Totally agree with you Fash :PinkCouture2:

thanksssss Oxford,Pami,Princess,Kat & shine 4 da updates :grouphug:

Thanks Ox for the new pics, as well as Baz's words :)

Thanks all for the updates! Yeah thats definetly chuck taking the selfie

Actually it's Vinnie, in other pics we can see him more clearly :p

Thank you ;) I always get those two mixed up!

And (while I wish he could have made the premiere) I agree here:

who knows the exact reason but at the end of the day Gatsby has been successful and Warner Brothers has even publicly stated how a big part of the success was Leo himself, him being at that premiere really isn't that crucial. :)

The Celebrity Gossip article with pix , also, addresses the Cara D rumor

Personally to me , the UK Sun ( source of both Cara/Leo related articles)was doing the same thing that the Aussie tabloid press did trying to create a connection between one of their local 'models' and a world known single actor.

Making the most of his time in Cannes, France, Leonardo DiCaprio attended the Grisogono party at the Eden Roc Hotel last night (May 21).

The “Catch Me If You Can” stud looked to be having a blast as he flirted up a storm with a couple of beautiful babes during the 66th Cannes Film Festival shindig.

And though he usually gets what he wants, rumor has it that Leo couldn’t seem to garner the attention of British model Cara Delevingne.

A snitch claimed, "Normally all Leo has to do is look at a girl and they fall at his feet. Though Cara was having none of it... He tried every trick in the book and apparently kept lunging for her but she kept dodging them... She thought he was too forward and too old."

However, a source close to DiCaprio fired back, “He has never talked to her, never met her- it’s all lies.”

http://celebrity-gossip.net/cannes-film-festival-2013/leonardo-dicaprio-grisogono-party-guy-859531

Actually it's Vinnie, in other pics we can see him more clearly :p Thanks for the updates :flower: Loved hearing what Tobey had to say. :heart: The Australian press needs to relax, they've been harping on him ever since he first arrived in Sydney to film the movie lol :p As someone wisely mentioned the Cannes festival is more than just a place to party, it's also a place of business where producers, studios etc meet up to try to get backing for their projects. Hopefully this Dennis Lehane project works out. :) We really dont see what leo does 24/7 just like back during Gatsby filming we never saw Tobey and Leo meeting up discussing work but it happened. :) who knows the exact reason but at the end of the day Gatsby has been successful and Warner Brothers has even publicly stated how a big part of the success was Leo himself, him being at that premiere really isn't that crucial. :)

Sorry to disagree with you, but despite the "issues" that may exist between Leo and the Australian press, I consider a bit rude not go to the premiere.

This is about work and this goes beyond whether the Australian press like him or not . I think the same would be if the premiere he canceled was in London or Mexico, or wherever. I think the press (because we can blame the whole press there for a few that were rude) so both the press and fans who were waiting for him deserve time. And I mean, this is not a supporting character in which no one is really interested. He is the main actor of the movie, Gatsby and it should be there. Of course, unless something really important had happened, although, excuse me, does not seem to be the case here, or at least he doesnt make it look like. Not only because the movie is already doing well at the box office means the actors (I mean actor in general) should not bother attending more premieres that had already been scheduled

I hope that express this, doesnt create any problems here since this is a forum to comment but also I understand that we can have different opinions about a subject. :)

Wow he must hate the Australian press really, really badly. Lol.

Also IDK but it seems like he's been pictured with both the girl in the black jacket noo that's what her face model, right? (:rofl:) and the girl with the large-ish nose. The girl in the black jacket looks like the girl from some of those club pictures. IDK I AM CONFUSED. lhaha

Sorry to disagree with you, but despite the "issues" that may exist between Leo and the Australian press, I consider a bit rude not go to the premiere.

This is about work and this goes beyond whether the Australian press like him or not . I think the same would be if the premiere he canceled was in London or Mexico, or wherever. I think the press (because we can blame the whole press there for a few that were rude) so both the press and fans who were waiting for him deserve time. And I mean, this is not a supporting character in which no one is really interested. He is the main actor of the movie, Gatsby and it should be there. Of course, unless something really important had happened, although, excuse me, does not seem to be the case here, or at least he doesnt make it look like. Not only because the movie is already doing well at the box office means the actors (I mean actor in general) should not bother attending more premieres that had already been scheduled

I hope that express this, doesnt create any problems here since this is a forum to comment but also I understand that we can have different opinions about a subject. :)

well I agree with you, princess, of course nothing will happen if he doesn't attend, screening will be there anyway but imho it seems a bit rude not to go to the premier to the city where movie was filmed :idk: and especially if the case is all those rumors sparking around during shooting, it's sort of mixing up of private life and career together. but maybe we are wrong and the reason is way more serious than this, none knows it except Leo and his ppl.

Leo looks so good in club pics :hehe:

thank you girls! :hehe:

Tks for the updates and articles sweeties!!! :flower:

I need to say that Leo looks HOT in these Cannes party pix!! :woot:

Tks a lot for Ba'z words Oxford! He was very respectful regarding Leo's decision not to go to Australia.

Tks for everything girls!! :blah:

I would really like to know what happened when it comes to this premiere in Australia,but, as Sick said, the reason may be way more serious than this...who knows? We may never know what really happened because we all know that Leo has always been very professional in his career. But at the same time I can understand the different opinions we have here. :)

Tks again for everything sweeties! :flower: