Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From Deadline Hollywood : Gatsby weekend estimates , the film will cross the $100 million mark this week :clap:

. The Great Gatsby (Warner Bros) Week 2

Friday $7.6M, Weekend $24.4M (-51%), Cume $91.2M

Pami

Yes, that is great pix of the Gatsby cast, it was in last week's issue of People magazine :)

Sadako

Tks for box office news and comments from French interviewer :)

Osa

Tks for news vid, I know the Sydney fans have to be disappointed :)

Joyezz

Tks for commercial vid :)

Lua

Luv the Vanity Fair cover :drool:

Foxyvilla

Tks for information regarding Cara :)

^Awesome to hear, More success for Gatsby :dance:

More about leo canceling his apperance to the Australian Great Gatsby premiere. Sad he won't be going :cry:

Leonardo DiCaprio snubs Sydney's The Great Gatsby gala

IT was his home for a four-month extended film shoot, which was largely pushed along by a government rebate of more than $40 million.

But even that could not lure Leonardo DiCaprio back to the homeland of his long-time collaborator, director Baz Luhrmann.

Hollywood's highest paid actor yesterday cancelled his hotly anticipated appearance at the Sydney premiere and after-party for The Great Gatsby on Wednesday, citing a "schedule change".

The snub follows the actor's attendance at numerous events for the headline-seizing remake that premiered in New York and Cannes.

Fellow cast members Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, Aussies Joel Edgerton and Elizabeth Debicki, along with Luhrmann and wife Catherine Martin, are still expected to attend the 1920s-themed gala at Fox Studios.

However Isla Fisher, who plays Myrtle Wilson, and reclusive model Gemma Ward, who has a small supporting role in the film, will also not be attending.

"My time shooting, living and working in Sydney - with the most amazing Australian cast and crew - was an experience I won't forget," DiCaprio, who reportedly earned $12 million from the movie, said.

"It was such a great joy to reunite with Baz, who was endlessly inspiring on The Great Gatsby and, most importantly, is a great friend of mine.

"Unfortunately, I am unable to return to Sydney for the film's Australian premiere due to a schedule change."

http://www.heraldsun...e-1226646325075

Thanx for the rest of the pictures Oxford. The girl in the beanie hat is model Cara Delevigne. There was lots of talk in the British tabloids before the Gatsby Cannes premiere that Leo had personally invited Cara and singer Rita Ora to the festival.

Love all the pictures recently. You guys have got to be the best Leo fans in the world to keep this thread going the way you do. :heythere:

The girl in the red beanie is Chuck's GF Nikki. She's been posting pics from Cannes. Cara was in a black outfit that night and in Cannes to promote her modeling contracts.

Leolover

Like Gatsby just a little did you ? :p

Oxford:I`ve seen it 2 times & I`m going to see it 4 da 3rd time tomorrow :woot:It’s been a long time since a movie has affected me quite like that. Wow! I'm very impressed :heart::wub:

FashinDream: your new avatar & signature are gorgeous :heart: ;)

foxyvilla: welcome to the board :wave: and your location is the best place in the world :nicole:

Oxford,Pami ,MakeitCount,Sadako,Osa,Joyezz,Lua ,Foxyvilla,Kat, princess & all the beautiful Leo lovers out there who shared Leo goodies :thankssssss 4 da updates :flower:

I saw Gatsby yesterday, was amazing so much better than my expectations, and I expected a lot. The cinematography was beautiful, so beautiful details, the costumes were fantastic. I've no words on Leo's performance, he brings to Gatsby such a deep & mysterious way, he's so charming and heartbreaking, he's brilliant in all the way. He's chemistry with Carey was amazing. As a big fan of the book, I loved what Baz did with this movie, I don't think an other director could make something better. I absolutely want to see it again...

:PinkCouture2: :PinkCouture2: :PinkCouture2: :PinkCouture2: :PinkCouture2:

:p

Wow...great find Joyezz!! :flower:

I had never seen this one before! :nicole:

So, the Great Gatsby will cross the $100 million mark this week?? :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is great news!!! :surrender::clap:

Tks for all the goodies girls!! :flower:

Both sad and worried that Leo won't be in Sydney - anyways here are some tweet... Don't know if they're accurate thought... If they are it would mean that Leo is both in Cannes and LA at the same time ? wooow !

@MademoiselleSiD 1 h

Leonardo DiCaprio cross the toilet, John Goodman in the elevator and James Franco in the street. # Cannes2013

This girl below is from LA...

@HoopBowski33 1 h

Leonardo Dicaprio swam in my aunt and uncle's pool.! #HolyCrap

Thanx for the rest of the pictures Oxford. The girl in the beanie hat is model Cara Delevigne. There was lots of talk in the British tabloids before the Gatsby Cannes premiere that Leo had personally invited Cara and singer Rita Ora to the festival.

Love all the pictures recently. You guys have got to be the best Leo fans in the world to keep this thread going the way you do. :heythere:

The girl in the red beanie is Chuck's GF Nikki. She's been posting pics from Cannes. Cara was in a black outfit that night and in Cannes to promote her modeling contracts.

ok sorry. My mistake!

'Great Gatsby' Edges 'Iron Man 3,' 'Star Trek Into Darkness' at Overseas Box Office :brows: :thumbsup:

“The Great Gatsby” edged “Star Trek Into Darkness” and “Iron Man 3” as the No. 1 movie at the international box office this weekend.

Warner Bros. opened Baz Luhrmann’s take on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel in 50 foreign markets and it took in $42.1 million, narrowly topping Disney’s Marvel superhero sequel ($40.2 million from 56 territories) and Paramount’s space epic sequel ($40 million from 41).

Universal’s “Fast & Furious 6,” meanwhile, kicked off its worldwide release in the U.K. and Ireland with a record-breaking No. 1 opening in that territory.

The film grossed an estimated $13.8 million and is Universal’s biggest three-day opening weekend of all time in that market, topping the $13.1 million taken in last year by “Les Miserables.” It opens in North America on Friday.

The "Gatsby" first-weekend haul is three times higher than the total "Moulin Rouge" managed when it opened in the same markets in 2001.

Russia was the highest-grossing market for "Gatsby," which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, with $6.2 million. The U.K. ($6.1 million) and France ($4.7 million) were next.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/great-gatsby-edges-iron-man-3-star-trek-darkness-overseas-box-office-92576

thanks Shine,Makeitcount & lua 4 da updates!!!!

Leonardo DiCaprio disembarking from a boat on the port of Cannes. 19th May 2013.

article-2327047-19E0EA24000005DC-470_306x729.jpg th_3348a2255375276.jpg/monthly_05_2013/post-45431-0-1593845372-92908_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="Corbis-42-46854247.jpg"> Corbis-42-46854264.jpg Corbis-42-46854265.jpg

Leolover

Tks for terrific overseas box office news , as well as, total box office results so far :clap: :clap:

Kat

Tks for Sydney/Leo/premiere article :)

Shine

Tks for more pix of Cannes man relaxing :)

Lua

Tks for Gatsby conference vids :)

Makeitcount

Tks for Twitter sightings :)

Fash

Great siggi/Cannes pix choices :)

Nice interview from Irish Independent

The Great Pretender

Jean-Paul Chaillet

Leonardo DiCaprio would know a thing or two about being a young multimillionaire golden boy, a target for envious gossip and rumour, and how to hold every room he walks into in rapt, starstruck awe.

So who better to play the title role in The Great Gatsby, Baz Luhrmann's lavish, $105m-budget, 3D adaptation of F Scott Fitzgerald's imperishable Jazz Age tale of wealthy party boy Jay Gatsby and his doomed love affair with Daisy Buchanan (played by Carey Mulligan).

DiCaprio will turn 39 in November, but he remains one of the most boyish of contemporary leading men.

Speaking to me in a suite in a Tribeca hotel near his New York apartment, he's casually dressed in jeans, low-top sneakers and a newsboy cap. His face is still youthful-looking, but, in a subtle way, seems to have gained a newfound maturity.

And why wouldn't it? He's arguably doing the most adult, interesting work of his career right now, as anyone who saw his extraordinarily fearless portrayal of a brutal plantation owner in Django Unchained earlier this year will attest.

Puffing sporadically on an e-cigarette (he's been trying to kick the habit for years), DiCaprio's relaxed and in a good mood, although he'll be acutely aware there's a lot riding on The Great Gatsby.

Originally scheduled for release last December, it has just opened the Cannes Film Festival, and early reports from critics have been mixed.

In particular, Luhrmann's penchant for over-the-top spectacle has been singled out both as a blessing and a curse – though there has been good advance word on DiCaprio's take on the enigmatic literary cipher (not to mention the Jay-Z-produced anachronistic soundtrack).

Regardless of the reception coming the movie's way, DiCaprio says he admired Luhrmann's "cojones" for even attempting to make it in the first place.

"I thought, 'Boy, that was an incredibly ambitious endeavour, taking on the 'Great American Novel', a book that encompasses the ideals and dreams of what America is, especially during that time period, and one that is still relevant today," says DiCaprio.

The complicated process of bringing to the screen Fitzgerald's text – long considered "unfilmable" – was aided by the facts that DiCaprio had worked with Luhrmann before (on Romeo + Juliet) and that his pal of 20 years, Tobey Maguire, was also on board, playing (unreliable) narrator Nick Carraway.

"We all sat down as old friends and said this is something we can all collaborate on together and be very honest with each other about throughout the whole process," he explains.

"Baz is someone who likes to reinvent the wheel when he makes movies. I remember when he first pitched me Romeo + Juliet, when I was 17 or 18, and we did sort of a test filming in Australia. I was wondering what sort of radical concept it was speaking the Bard in normal terms, and having this kind of alternate universe where people were living. And, in the end, it worked."

Following his instincts like this has served DiCaprio well over the course of his 22-year career. It has led him to working with some of the industry's heaviest hitters from an early age – Robert De Niro (in This Boy's Life, 1993), Meryl Streep (Marvin's Room, 1996), Steven Spielberg (Catch Me If You Can, 2002), Christopher Nolan (Inception) and Martin Scorsese, with whom he has worked on four movies, with a fifth, The Wolf of Wall Street, coming later this year.

Amidst such a roster, and viewed from this distance, his romantic lead role in James Cameron's Titanic (1997) almost seems like an anomaly, rather than the gargantuan, superstar-making performance that it was.

DiCaprio has been very careful not to be defined by his 1990s-era pin-up looks, by essentially becoming a character actor: happy to slip into supporting roles and/or 'ugly up' and play around with his image in leading parts.

"That is the stimulation, to be able to be all those different characters and experiment with so many diverse emotions that otherwise I would never taste," DiCaprio says of his professional motivations.

"As a performer, I get to live other people's lives and try to channel things from my own life into those characters, and, through that, I feel energised. In a way it is very therapeutic.

"What I like the most about doing movies is actually being there for the three, four or five months physically shooting and looking at sets and having these momentary fleeting seconds where you forget where you are, or who you are and your own life.

"Then, of course, reality pops back again. But I live for those elusive moments. Those are my favourites."

Adopting such a method doesn't mean, however, that there's a porous border between Leo the Star and Leo the Man. DiCaprio guards his private life with a ferocity that is unusual even by the neurotic standards of Hollywood.

Before every interview, writers are warned to steer clear of mentioning his love life lest the whole transaction come to an abrupt end.

For the record, he's rumoured to be single right now, having reportedly split with model Erin Heatherton before Christmas. In the past, he's dated models Gisele Bundchen, Bar Refaeli and actress Blake Lively.

The most personal information you'll get from DiCaprio is about his environmental and philanthropic work (to his credit, he isn't a fair-weather campaigner either – he's good pals with Al Gore).

That being said, he's at a stage in his life now where he doesn't stress so much about his "responsibilities" as one of the biggest movie stars on the planet.

"I look at the opportunity that I have been given as a gift," he says. "I still feel the same way I felt as when I was 15 or 16 and did my very first movie. I felt I had won the lottery by being able to do films.

"So the only responsibility I have is to do the best possible work I can. That has never changed. I grew up in this industry a lot, and people ask me what's different now.

"I'm hard pressed to find any other answer because, for whatever reason, when I was 15 and I started watching great movies and discovered those great filmmakers, really that was the start of my cinema education.

"I said to myself then that, 'Someday I want to do something close to that good'. And today I have the same attitude."

With that in mind, he's happy to clarify that recent reports of his semi-retirement from the screen have been greatly exaggerated.

"I said I wanted to take some time off," he smiles. "I didn't mean I am quitting acting. I just did three movies in a row. Often time when things are reproduced in the print, the subtleness or the sarcasm or the irony never translates into the writing. That's why people often get into trouble when they don't censor their thoughts or try to be too clever."

DiCaprio is not a man who 'does' regrets – when pushed on the matter, he takes the philosophical view on his extraordinary career.

"It's all been incredibly fast, to tell you the truth," he says. "I would have regretted if I looked back on this period of my life and realised I had been a little too lazy and didn't seize those gifts that were being offered to me, that I didn't take advantage of how lucky I was to have those amazing opportunities. But it's not the case."

He continues: "I maybe give the impression that I have been churning out movie after movie since I was 16. But, believe me, I have also a lot of personal time to take real breaks to reflect, to travel and just experience life."

And what a life it is for Leo The Great.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/the-great-pretender-29274303.html

The Great Gatsby box office update :clap:

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $90,159,000 68.2% +

Foreign: $42,100,000 31.8%

= Worldwide: $132,259,000

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=greatgatsby2012.htm

Iupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! :dance: :dance:

That's the power of our Leo Gatsby!! :clap:

I'm sure this movie will be a hit overseas and I'm soooo happy for it! :clap:

Tks for the pics,articles and vids sweeties!!! :flower:

Tks Leo Lover! :flower: