Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Great read for anyone who thought Luhrmann's Gatsby is not true to Fitzgerald's novel

You might think that the people who know Fitzgerald's novel best would have the most disapproving view of the movie. To test that hypothesis, we asked five English professors who specialize in American literature to take in an early showing and share their thoughts. And to our surprise, they liked it.

http://www.themillions.com/2013/05/judging-luhrmanns-gatsby-five-english-scholars-weigh-in.html

Makeitcount

Tks for more terrific Cannes pix :)

Possible new Leo film project :

David O. Russell To Direct Leonardo DiCaprio And Robert De Niro In Legacy Of Secrecy

It was announced back in 2010 that Leonardo DiCaprio had signed on to star in and produce through his production company Appian Way, a film titled Legacy of Secrecy. Today we’re hearing that the film will be directed by none other than David O. Russell and will also see Robert De Niro co-starring.

The news comes from DiCaprio’s father and producing partner George, who revealed the information in a recent interview. As it stands, Russell is also said to be writing the script, which follows DiCaprio as “FBI informant Jack Van Laningham who apparently witnessed the confession of Mafia godfather Carlos Marcello for the assassination of John F. Kennedy.” De Niro is set to take on the role Marcello.

The project sounds incredibly interesting and will mark De Niro’s third time working with both DiCaprio and Russell. Between the three of them there is a ton of talent attached to the project and right now, we don’t see how this one could turn out to be anything less than fantastic.

No official word on a start date, however, with Russell currently wrapping up filming on American Hustle, which will be in post production until its December release, it is safe to say that Legacy of Secrecy will shoot sometime next year for a 2015 release.

As always we will bring you more news on the project as it arises. For now, let us know what you think in the comments of Russell, De Niro and DiCaprio making a film together. Are you as excited as we are?

http://wegotthiscove...legacy-secrecy/

^Wow, sounds really interesting! leo staring with Deniro would be fantastic, and I really like David, hopefully this project follows through!

Thanks all for the updates! :flower: Leo looking so happy with Marty :D

I SAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW THE GREAT GATSBY & I lOVED IT & I want to see it over & over AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG...WOWOWOWOWIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE...Leo looks breathtakingly goooooooooooooorgeous as Jay Gatsby & HIS MAGNIFICENT PERFORMANCE TOOK MY BREATH AWAY=SUPERB.

I say that before zillion times & I say it again that LEO IS THE BEST ACTOR ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He NEVER fails to amaze me!!!Baz didn`t disappoint me too =THE GREAT GATSBY IS A BEAUTIFUL FILM ♥

Can't imagine any Leo Fan not loving it completely!!!

It`s my new favorite Leo movie ♥ I have many favorite scenes but the tossing all the shirts down to Daisy was one of the best.Leo's smile in that scene is to die for :heart::wub:

GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....the pool scene is HOTTTTTTTTT :chicken: The kissing scene itself is quite intense :woot:

OK, I'll wait til you all see the movie then we can talk about it moreeee ;)

one more thing...I think those critics are TOTALLY wrong !!!!!!!!THE GREAT GATSBY is the perfect movie to take as far as you can go.....just like the time period and Baz did it perfectly & my recommendation: GO SEE IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!!!

p.s.my theater was soooooo crowded & the audience loved it & enjoyed it & the crowd whistled and applauded at the end & almost everyone was talking about Leo`s amazing performance & definitely, those great comments about Leo & his top of the top acting are music to my ears :guitar:

THANK U ALL 4 DA UPDATES! :grouphug:

Leo and De Niro together? What an incredible partnership!! :dance:

Let's hope to be true!!

Leo Lover,I'm sooo happy for you hun!! I'm soooo waiting to watch this movie, my expectations are very high!! :clap:

Tks for the vids,articles....tks for the updates girls!! :flower:

I find this other pic of Leo and Carey. He looked so adorable in Cannes :wub:

417784_371895406252579_1384241538_n.jpg

547170_371895446252575_1840580020_n.jpg

They are adorable together! I wonder if Leo would go for it if she wasn't married?! I would totally support this paring lol! She is too cute for words! :wub: