Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Pix of Leo in his Brioni suit at 11th Hour auction pre dinner

11thpredinner.jpg

Pix of Leo in his Brioni suit at 11th Hour auction

auction.jpg

Makeitcount

Tks for pix of Leo/Brad and news that Leo will be on French tv show ; I sure hope we can see a video of his appearance :)

Kat

Glad you had enjoyed your time with Mr Gatsby :p

Crazylady

Tks for vid link, but it tell me that I can't see it because I don't live in UK :sad:

gustavsson

Tks for translation article for us to enjoy :flower:

Pix of Leo in his Brioni suit at 11th Hour auction pre dinner

11thpredinner.jpg

Pix of Leo in his Brioni suit at 11th Hour auction

auction.jpg

Makeitcount

Tks for pix of Leo/Brad and news that Leo will be on French tv show ; I sure hope we can see a video of his appearance :)

Kat

Glad you had enjoyed your time with Mr Gatsby :p

Crazylady

Tks for vid link, but it tell me that I can't see it because I don't live in UK :sad:

gustavsson

Tks for translation article for us to enjoy :flower:

He is so handsome!

Aww man, with a guy-movie as Iron Man as it's only contender I expected Gatsby to at least do well boxoffice-wise since there was virtually no competition :no:

On the bright side, the full trailer is airing on all the major tv stations here, and posters are all over the cities, hopefully the worldwide release will be better :yes:

Thank you guys so much for keeping all of this up, I don't have time to catch up so I hope this isn't a repost.

Dutch station 'Veronica' is airing the Making of Gatsby soon, perhaps there are users here able to catch it:

http://tvgids.mobi/9159512-The-great-Gatsby-The-making-of.html

Aww man, with a guy-movie as Iron Man as it's only contender I expected Gatsby to at least do well boxoffice-wise since there was virtually no competition :no:

Are you talking about future Box Office results for your country?

Because the box office in the US is more than good...

<p>Pic of Leo holding French magazine for which he gave interview - link here (in French)

http://www.femmeactu...-02575/(page)/1

post-62448-0-1446085636-35835_thumb.jpg

I could only translate the intro:

Hia

I have google translated it for you. Sorry to all who couldn't see the interview, hate it when they do that. I will have a go at a transcript over the weekend xx

Exclusive interview with Leonardo DiCaprio: "I am proud to be opening in Cannes"

By Frank Rousseau, May 13, 2013

It is now the most "bankable" and the most attractive player on the planet. In "The Great Gatsby," Baz Lurhmann ("Romeo + Juliet," "Moulin Rouge"), the American star achieved the feat - no less - to make us (almost) forget the wonderful performance by Robert Redford in the adaptation film made there forty years by Jack Clayton. Basically, the difference between Leo and his character created by writer F. Scott Fitzgerald, is that it leads an existence based on appearances (often misleading) and DiCaprio He fights fiercely. Pragmatic man, since he understood that his reputation could serve the green cause, the former hero of "Titanic" was indeed one ambition: to prevent our planet earth flows pic!

Leonardo DiCaprio: the opening of the Cannes Film Festival and The Great Gatsby

"Gatsby" will be the opening of the Cannes Film Festival. A story to tell us about this major event?

Leonardo DiCaprio: Climb the steps, it is something that matters in the life of an actor. I go to Cannes, it's a bit like reliving the "Dolce Vita" every time. It is as if the entire city was transformed into a giant, a sprawling red carpet. What I like about Cannes is that they contribute in their own way to the success and reputation of the festival. Entire community lives and breathes at the time of cinema. I am delighted that "Gatsby" be open Cannes. I am very proud. This is a risky production and a jewel in Cannes will be something its green! Baz (Editor's note: Baz Lurhmann) was able to completely reinvent this masterpiece of F. Scott Fitzgerald! His vision is amazing!

Cannes is also the paparazzi and it is not "great" at all ...

I think every I go to Cannes that are well able to image the paparazzi to track me. Cannes is the great mass of the movie but it is also a concentration of really strange people.

Gatsby has invented a life, a history, this is a man who loves the light while keeping a dark side including the origins of his colossal fortune. During your life you is it ever pretend to be someone else to cover their tracks?

Yes! When you do this job, you can not check into a hotel under your real name. You need to tweak that you are left alone! The number one rule is to go incognito to blend into the crowd. I know stars who complain because they are often called upon by hordes of fans. It is sure that if you get off your chauffeured limousine and bodyguards with you to pick up a loaf of bread or an ice cream cone at rush hour, you may rouse the whole neighborhood. Discretion and uniformity, it n 'is nothing better! I realized three things from "Titanic." First: for a quiet life, I was not to talk about my love life. Second: you can not do anything against the rumors. And third: the more these rumors are huge, most people swallow them!

Leonardo DiCaprio: its roles, choices ...

Your character in "The Great Gatsby" is driven by a single idea: to win Daisy (Carey Mulligan), the woman he loved so much, he has not kept and who married in the meantime with a unfaithful husband. It becomes an obsession for him. Mental torture. It will idealize Daisy the point of becoming almost mad in his years ... crazy! Why this marked for "borderline" roles attraction? One has the impression that you had made your trademark ...

Leonardo DiCaprio: I do not choose a movie or role, saying: "Hey! Like last time I turned in a sci-fi, this time, I have turned into a biopic or a romantic comedy! ". I'm not a "planner". The only thing that interests me is the character profile that I am asked to embody and history that we asked to tell. And these characters are more complex, we had trouble identifying the more I feel the need to highlight their shadows. Whether J. Edgar Hoover, Howard Hughes and The Great Gatsby all these outsized personalities, whether real or fictitious, have raised a lot of questions I wanted to answer. And frankly, I do this job for me transcend.

This hero of the American writer F. Scott Fitzgerald is a licensed raver, a "party guy" inveterate. You recognize yourself in this side "I burn life at both ends"? Ie what may well be the vices of Leo DiCaprio?

I smoke a cigar here and there. Nothing too bad. A drink occasionally! I say occasionally because it does not require either that we fall in controversy. And when I have a headache, I reassures me that maybe my halo which I use too!

Leonardo DiCaprio: his secrets

Do you have another addiction to reveal?

Leonardo DiCaprio: Yes but this one is not harmful to health! For nothing in the world I would not miss a Lakers game. When the Lakers score a basket or are about to make a decisive pass, you feel the cheering crowd. The passion is such that it resembles a volcanic energy! The ground rumbles with the clamor. It's something that takes you from below. Who raised you. Real telluric forces!

And the fear of you are alone as Gatsby or be surrounded by false friends, freeloaders, profiteers do you sometimes feel?

That is the risk one takes in being an actor. It is impossible to know if you are attending because you have some access to or the person you are? When you practice this profession, you should expect to experience moments of intense loneliness! Sometimes you turn in places far away from people you love. At night when you are alone in your hotel room, it's very hard. The mere presence is your image in the reflection of a mirror. Then you realize that your life has absolutely nothing normal.

An adjective is often used in articles that journalists write about you. This adjective is actor ... brain! How you react when you glue that kind of label?

Brain? I do not think so! Say what I think is rather an actor who loves to get messages or make things happen. To my knowledge, there are two kinds of actors in Hollywood. Those who gesticulate in a sterile manner and those who try to focus on the different facets of the human race. It is a land of great game and almost inexhaustible. Just look around us.

Your very first audition ... you remember?

I was nine. First, it took me find an agent who wanted to take good care of me. The first one I found suggested I go to the hairdresser and change its name. It was mine too "ethnic" and wanted to replace it with a nickname more ... "White bread" Lenny Williams! I refused, but I did find a job especially in some pubs.

Leonardo DiCaprio: his past, his future ...?

If you had not been an actor, you'd be facing what profession?

Leonardo DiCaprio: My whole childhood, I dreamed of becoming a marine biologist, biologist or environnentaliste. When I was ten years to the question "What do you do later? "Asked by one of my teachers, I answered without hesitation:" Me getting hired by Jacques Cousteau to save the whales, dolphins and the millions of jellyfish that fail miserably on the beaches " . In their rooms, my friends had pasted posters of David Hasselhoff in action or by word-of-mouth to pin-up large breasts. I was the Calypso taken from all angles! I admit it was not very sexy but just watch this symbol scientific expeditions gave me desire to sail to four of the world! The call of the sea ... It is never too late. You are right! That may be what I dedicate 100% when I'm retired!

About diving, I understand that you almost drink the cup a few years ago?

Yes! Exploring the underwater world of the Galapagos Islands. Everything started well. Perfect visibility. Low currents. I filmed with an old waterproof camera bench stingrays etpuis sudden disaster, my regulator is fed me more air! At this time, I saw my life flash before me. As we descended deep enough, I took a deep breath to join the dive supervisor who shared with me his oxygen. The only thing you do in these circumstances is "Get me out of this shit ... and fast! "

Remain in the water. If there had been no tidal wave "Titanic" do you think you would be the Leo that everyone pulls today?

Realistically, the films of the caliber of "Gangs of New York" and "The Aviator" have struggled to be funded if I had not been part of the cast of "Titanic." In Hollywood language, I became a "cash machine" then as it serves for projects that are worth it! The benefit of "Titanic" is, basically, to be able to allow me to become a catalyst for projects! When I turned "Titanic" with Kate Winslet, we were virtually novices in this business. Kate and I knew we were going to participate in a big blockbuster. However, we never imagined that we would find ourselves overnight propel the rank of living icon. What saved us both of madness is that we had a good ability to keep feet on the ground and we took a lot of distance when speaking to us as if we were living gods! The proof I was in the middle of the rainforest in the Amazon, when Indian tribal paintings in Spain and came to meet me. One of them pointed at me and said, 'You died in large iron canoe sailing on the seas! You ... Jack!! "...

Do you have any regrets reports to your career? Is that you sometimes say, "I should have and if not do that"?

I honestly have no regrets. I could have had if looking in the mirror I was told: "You have nothing damn! You were asleep! You did not seize the incredible opportunities that are offered to you! You did not take advantage of your chance! ". But frankly, this is not the case!

You just turn no less than three movies in a row. Do not you would become a slave to your passion for cinema?

In a way yes! But I do it on my own! There is no one to force me! I will slow down in the coming months in order to devote myself more to the environment. This is not so much that the public be educated but our elected officials. Most of those who lead us have, in fact, a very short-term risks to our planet and therefore humanity!

Leonardo DiCaprio: his political consciousness

How do you explain these years of blindness on the part of those who govern us?

Leonardo DiCaprio: When asked about the Earth, homo-politicus do not necessarily think in terms of world heritage, but often in terms of landfill. Democrats and Republicans, we have made promises. In the end, almost none was held.

Because for years, the economic imperatives - related hyper-industrialization, the pursuit of profit, competitiveness and mass consumerism - were more taken into account respect for home-Earth. Let's face it, the environmental policy as it has been thought in the 80-90 years in the United States and other powerful countries is further absurd! It reminds me a bit of a paint job that would have given it-hastily on a rotten wall. Therefore, today, the blister paint and cement crumbles! That the "polluters" does not understand is that we are killing us slowly. Sawing off the branch on which we sit. Take gorillas endangered because of deforestation including forests. By depriving them of food and preserved areas, it is a little of himself that man is in the process of sacrifice. Do we not indeed vaguely cousins?

Since when you lean on this blue planet sick men?

My "conscience" green back to my childhood. And more specifically, the day at school, a teacher showed us the big cloud yellow neon flying over Los Angeles. A cloud of pollution!

Gatsby has developed a kind of fascination for money. As the hero of Scott Fitzgerald you come from a modest background. Tell us about your relationship with greenbacks?

You know why the stars are paid so dear? This is because they must collect all the crap that you can write on them! Stop joking. Money can quickly become an addiction if you do not careful. Especially when offers are mirobolantes. At first, you gently let have. Especially if you grew up in an environment where they were saving to afford this or that thing. It was my case ...

Leonardo DiCaprio: "Green Gatsby"

"You've heard of shark finning?" He asked Leo? "This is a practice that disgusts me as much as it disgusts me! It involves cutting the fins of live before releasing them into the sea to feed it all the Chinese dishes and meet Asian people who think to find in these therapeutic shark fins! You should know that 73 million animals are slaughtered and during the year.

We had to act urgently because 90% of shark populations worldwide have been decimated by overfishing and shark finning. Remember that sharks are a vital part of the planet's ecosystems. Anyway, I am happy that this practice is now prohibited in the coastal waters of many nations, including the United States. Did you know that California was, at one time, one of the largest exporters of shark fins to Asia? One day, during a dive, I saw what a wonderful predator amputated his dying bodies on a bed of sand at the bottom of the water. All divers will tell you. It is a pathetic sight.

If so I got involved at this point is because I like to move among these animals. I did not want to dive into a world without sharks! They are part of the decor and the ecological chain! ". To support its action in Leo, you can visit his www.leonardodicaprio.com site and sign the petition: "Nobody wants to effect the seabed become a huge pool lifeless" concludes Leo. If there is a palm that we would like to award our Leo is the star of the eco-friendly the most active in the world. And this is not a movie!

From NY Post regarding Leo 11th Hour auction

DiCaprio’s art of the deal

Leonardo DiCaprio pulled off a record-breaking art auction for charity with Christie’s on Monday that raked in $38.8 million. “The Great Gatsby” star had personally asked 33 artists — including Banksy, Julian Schnabel, Urs Fischer and Peter Beard — to donate or create new works for the auction, dubbed The 11th Hour. DiCaprio also donated a painting by Andreas Gursky from his own collection, and spent time at Christie’s phoning bidders to entice them in advance of the auction, sources said. Spotted at the sale (to benefit wildlife conservation through DiCaprio’s foundation) were Bradley Cooper, Mark Ruffalo, Tobey Maguire, Salma Hayek and François-Henri Pinault, whose family owns the auction house. The night’s biggest sale came after gallerist Larry Gagosian was locked in a bidding war with billionaire Vladimir Doronin, and spent $6.5 million for an abstract work by Mark Grotjahn, whom Gagosian represents. Pharmaceutical mogul Stewart Rahr — who we exclusively reported yesterday reached a $250 million divorce deal with his wife of 43 years — splashed out on works including a Robert Longo tiger drawing for $1.6 million and a portrait of his pal DiCaprio by Elizabeth Peyton for more than $1 million. The auction — which had been expected to bring in about $18 million — wound up setting record highs for 13 of the artists, and a source said it was “the biggest auction to benefit the environment ever.” DiCaprio bought a Takashi Murakami work for himself for $735,000. His “Gatsby” co-star Maguire shelled out $262,500 for a Sergej Jensen work. Anonymous donors kicked in $5.5 million to the overall tally. DiCaprio’s foundation has set its sights on saving tigers, sharks and rainforests, and many of the works for sale were animal or nature-themed.

Princess

Tks for more pix of Leo arriving in Cannes , as well as , another Gatsby photo shoot pix :)

Lua

Tks for Leo/French magazine pix and link, as well as, Gatsby review vid :)

Wijn

Like Rillio puzzled by your comment regarding Gatsby US box office meant, for as all the box office office analysts stated in all the various articles posted online , Gatsby did exceptionally well in it's opening weekend beating all expectations.(Y)

And since it hasn't opened anywhere else yet, none of us know what it's overseas box office will be like

Tks for link , hope we're able to watch Gatsby vid when posted :)

Joyezz

Tks for Gatsby box office /review vid :)

Crazylady

Tks for translation of French interview ! :)

Thank for the new dear :) Everything is getting closer, so exciting !

@warnerbrosfr 59 min

# Cannes2013 out of the entire team of the film # Gatsby for the Palais des Festivals. H-1 before the photo call and press conference!

The Great Gatsby photocall just aired here on tv :) They're all looking amazing !

@ Helenverbois 1 h

Live from Cannes with @ # LeoDiCaprio cannes2013

post-60966-0-1446085637-14224_thumb.jpg

The cast look ready for the Canne's Press Conference ;

Capture_d_e_cran_2013_05_15_a_14_21_21.jpgBKTWLu_LCIAAgb_Qg.jpg

Another pics from the photocall ;

th_baf0ce254663203.jpg/monthly_05_2013/post-60966-0-1593845344-3233_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="168765440.jpg"> 168765475.jpg th_08caa9254663217.jpg/monthly_05_2013/post-60966-0-1593845344-4848_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="168765530.jpg"> 168765552.jpg 168765553.jpg 168765559.jpg 168765574.jpg 168767985.jpg th_03a999254663253.jpg/monthly_05_2013/post-60966-0-1593845344-93634_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="BKTRZmECMAArsfy.jpg">

The Great Gatsby box office was only disappointing to those who wanted to see the movie and/or Leo to FAIL. :hehe: Those people were in fact,disappointed because it's numbers exceeded ALL estimates, including even Warner Bros'. Iron Man would have been #1 no matter what other movie went against it, except for another FRANCHISE movie like Star Trek or AVENGERS.

Thanks a lot to Crazylady for translating the French article :flower: