Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Gwyneth P,

I hung out with Leonardo DiCaprio when I moved to New York. He was vegetarian and he'd talk about how dirty meat is and how bad factory farming is. I haven't eaten red meat in 20 years and although Leo's not totally responsible he definitely planted a seed. When I turned seriously macrobiotic, it coincided with my father having been diagnosed with cancer [in 1999]. I felt I could heal him by proxy.

The link below allows you to watch a livesteam of tonight's GLAAD Awards red carpet.

Also, they promise to post pix and vids from tonight's event

As we know Leo is one of the guest presenters , so hopefully, we'll see some pix/vids posted of him :)

http://www.glaad.org/blog/experience-glaadawards-la-livestream-photos-and-videos

Osa

I, also, saw that comment from Paltrow all over Twitter today .

We've seen Leo eating meat over the years, so as you say things have changed since he made that statement if he did indeed say it.

Leonardo DiCaprio sits beside honoree Steve Warren at the 2013 GLAAD Media Awards inside the JW Marriott at L.A. LIVE on Saturday night, April 20.

The actor’s close friend and Great Gatsby co-star Tobey Maguire was also in attendance with wife Jennifer Meyer.

http://hollywoodbulletin.tumblr.com/post/48498261369/leonardo-dicaprio-sits-beside-honoree-steve-warren

tumblr_mll8bo7_ZZ61qmszf7o1_1280.jpg th_tumblr_mll8bo7_ZZ61qmszf7o2_1280.jpg

The great American Dreamer

article-2311016-195E0DB9000005DC-270_306x536.jpg

by Leonardo DiCaprio

‘The American dream isn’t dead. I think, much like Gatsby, you envision your life in a certain way and you hope one day you can make it happen.

I remember being three years old and wanting to be an actor.

Like Gatsby, I’m a dreamer. To be in the movie industry you have to be.

The idea of being able to reinvent yourself, like Gatsby did, is something anyone can identify with.

He’s an American icon; a man who makes an immense fortune in the underworld overnight and is desperately trying to be accepted by the blue-blood aristocracy of the East Coast.

But he wasn’t having fun at his parties; it was all this desperate ploy to complete himself in some regard.

I felt detached from Gatsby when I first read it in high school. It was a world I didn’t quite understand, had never been exposed to and didn’t connect with.

Since I picked it up again four years ago, I’ve read it maybe 25 times. It’s one of those classic books that has so many nuances.

It’s quite beautiful and tragic at the same time; the fact that Gatsby thinks he has all these friends, yet at the end no one shows up for his funeral.

There’s a direct correlation between Gatsby and America today and the financial crisis we’re now going through.

We’ve been living beyond our means for a long time. Not only this country, but many other countries as well.

I think there’s obviously an incredible amount of work to be done, not just by America, but the world.

Hollywood is a business much like any other.

I would argue that there are so many other corporations out there that are incredibly wasteful as well. Hollywood is directly driven by the amount of people that will buy tickets for its entertainment.

Even in the Great Depression, films were an escape for the general public and a way for people to go and envelop themselves in an entirely different world.

Fundamentally, Gatsby’s story is timeless.’