Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks for the new pics, movie news etc! Will be interesting to see if it pans out to a future filming thing, or another producing gig! I am curious...are there ever Oscars/awards that are given to producers?

The producers accept the the award for best picture as far as I know. Sometimes the whole cast/director comes up on stage but they usually let the producers talk.

Ohh I see. Thanks for the info! :flower:

Impressive list of nominations and awards Leo won on his career, some of them I never knew, even have some from his start on tv.

http://www.aceshowbi...rio/awards.html

thanks to marissa from yuku forum for the the find.

I didn't know about some of these either! Thanks barbie!

Never mind those pesky Oscars. Ben Affleck's political thriller "Argo" just swept up three of Hollywood's highly coveted Gold Derby Film Awards: Best Picture, Best Director (Affleck), and Best Editing. Recipients are chosen by thousands of Gold Derby readers, who've doled out these trophies 10 previous times on the eve of the Oscars, often foreshadowing eventual recipients of the academy's equivalent prize.

The spaghetti western also reaped Best Supporting Actor for Leonardo DiCaprio, who is the only acting champ at these awards without an Oscar nomination. This is DiCaprio's second win out of six individual bids; he previously garnered Best Actor in 2006 for "The Departed."

Two other movies won three awards apiece. Ang Lee's emotional shipwreck drama "Life of Pi," which was nominated eight times, mostly in technical categories, won Best Cinematography, Best Score, and Best Visual Effects.

Nine-time nominee "Les Miserables" grabbed the laurels for Best Supporting Actress (Anne Hathaway), Best Makeup/Hair, and Best Sound.

Spreading the wealth, Gold Derby voters gave four films two prizes each. "Lincoln," which led with 13 nominations, won Best Adapted Screenplay (Tony Kushner) and Best Actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who with four career wins now ties Meryl Streep as Gold Derby's most awarded film actor. He previous won Best Actor for "Gangs of New York" (2002) and "There Will Be Blood" (2007), and Best Actor of the Decade for "Blood."

"Silver Linings Playbook" won its bids for Best Actress (Jennifer Lawrence) and Best Ensemble. "Anna Karenina" claimed a pair of technical trophies: Best Costume Design and Best Production Design.

"Django Unchained" snagged Best Original Screenplay for Quentin Tarantino, his second victory out of nine nominations. He previously won the category for "Inglourious Basterds" in 2009. The spaghetti western also reaped Best Supporting Actor for Leonardo DiCaprio, who is the only acting champ at these awards without an Oscar nomination. This is DiCaprio's second win out of six individual bids; he previously garnered Best Actor in 2006 for "The Departed."

Other victors include "Beasts of the Southern Wild," which won Best Breakthrough Performer for its young star Quvenzhane Wallis. "Wreck-It Ralph" was hailed as Best Animated Feature. "Searching for Sugar Man" won Best Documentary. And "Amour" triumphed as Best Foreign Language Film. It's Michael Haneke's second film to rule the category, following "The White Ribbon" in 2009.

"Zero Dark Thirty" was this year's biggest shutout, losing all six of its nominations. It's the only Best Picture nominee to go away empty handed

Thanks ALL for the news/articles, tidbits, etc.!

Heres an article further discussing leos "possible" role in "The Road Home" :)

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/scott-cooper-leonardo-dicaprio-the-road-home.php?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=scott-cooper-leonardo-dicaprio-the-road-home

I read somewhere that Leo is going to korea to promote his movie next month

Django will open in Asia in March :yuckky:

Oh really? Thanks for the info..Since he didn't go to any of the other international premieres I wonder if he'll go to this one too? Though with Wolf filming out of the way, hes got some time now :)

Madonna's annual Oscar party/Leo

Yes! It’s that time of year again!

Sure, the Oscars are going on this weekend, but we might be a leeeettle bit more excited for Madonna’s Oscar party!

The fun is going down again this year with the super fab bash being held Sunday night at the El Lay home of her manager, Guy Oseary.

And the star power will be out in full force for the party as Anne Hathaway, Leonardo DiCaprio, Salma Hayek, Jessica Chastain, Naomi Watts and Bradley Cooper are ALL expected to attend.

Oh, and did we mention Katy Perry and John Mayer will also be there! Think she’ll be wearing that suspicious ring??

All we know is we can’t wait to hear the shocking, HIGHlarious and possibly naughty stories the morning after!

It’s gonna be GRAND!! It's gonna be Madonna-style GRAND!!

REMINDER: This is Leo's Actor thread: Posts should be about his work, projects, and other activities (including his social life) that can be objectively verified (i.e, news articles, photographs, videos, etc.. In other words....NO gossip. Furthermore, use PMs if you have personal messages for other members. Inappropriate posts will be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation. Edited by MauiKane