Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Austin Butler of Carrie Diaries talking about Leo ; I agree with his description of Leo

but Butler is more interested in the kind of career Leonardo DiCaprio enjoys. "He's a character actor in a leading man's body. My goal is to try and figure out how I can do that, too.

DDL's reply when asked by press backstage about why he mentioned Leo in his acceptance speech

Backstage, Daniel Day-Lewis was asked to expand on his shoutout to Leonardo DiCaprio in his decision to play President Lincoln.

"Leo, just in a chance meeting, asked me if I'd given up on the idea because he knew that I'd considered it a while ago . . . I hadn't thought about it for a long time, maybe some years, and he said, 'Don't give up on it. He's the greatest man of the 19th century." And it stayed in my mind. So this is all Leo's fault."

DDL's reply when asked by press backstage about why he mentioned Leo in his acceptance speech

Backstage, Daniel Day-Lewis was asked to expand on his shoutout to Leonardo DiCaprio in his decision to play President Lincoln.

"Leo, just in a chance meeting, asked me if I'd given up on the idea because he knew that I'd considered it a while ago . . . I hadn't thought about it for a long time, maybe some years, and he said, 'Don't give up on it. He's the greatest man of the 19th century." And it stayed in my mind. So this is all Leo's fault."

Leo and Jonah hanging out again in NYC

Alex@ale3xatkinson

Grinded with Jonah hill and played pool with Leonardo di caprio... NO BUG DEAL RIGHT?!!... Dead

Alex@ale3xatkinson

@Aliciaaa_Fayeee I'm so starstruck and like dead! It was crazy... Like I love both of them lol

Elijah Vielma@NYCboyproblem

I wanted to get a picture of @ale3xatkinson with Leonardo Dicaprio and Jonah Hill but there was no cameras allowed -_-

Elijah Vielma@NYCboyproblem

That awkward moment when Jonah Hill takes @ale3xatkinson away to sit at his table with Leonardo Dicaprio...

Alex@ale3xatkinson

LEOARDO DI CAPRIO IS 2 FEET AWAY FROM ME!!!!

B.@bridget_yerger

Well my best friend is bowling with Leonardo DiCaprio and I'm laying in bed with my cat. #whowins? @AmbsTheColorist

nora@loveenora

@NYNightlife Jonah hill and Leo are at lucky strike

Amber Lastoskie@AmbsTheColorist

And we meet again Jonah

Amber Lastoskie@AmbsTheColorist

And my boy Leo

Thats soooo sweet DDL thanked leo. His speech was really humble in general. Another reason I love that guy :heart:

Thanks Barbie for the google translate, and Calibi for the tweets! But I'm confused...leo was filming yesterday in LA, and made it to NY by nighttime? Leo sure makes the rounds! :p And thanks Ox for the little blurb sighitngs!

THANKS ALL! :flower:

Barbie

Tks for adorable Leo winking gif and Dujardin link :)

Speaking of Leo winking , did you notice Calvin gave his lady friend Sheba his swoonworthy wink in Django when they were at the Cleopatra Club ?

Calibi

Tks for Leo/Jonah NY tweets; I wonder if Leo has had to return to NY for some Wolf retakes ??

As I know Jonah was ,also, in L.A. this past weekend to present at PGA Awards

Candie

Tks for Leo commerical pix , we can see the guys who made the vids sold their pix :)

I really loved that DDL gave Leo a shout out!! He deserved that recognition! :clap:

And it's because of him that now Daniel Day Lewis is being hailed, since Daniel was not interested in making the movie. :hehe:

Barbie...what an adorable gif,luv that!! :woot: And tks for the articles! :flower:

Candie...tks for Leo commercial pics! He looks hot!! :flower:

Tks for everything sweeties!! :flower:

OMG...tell these people Leo is not gonna retire PLEASE!!! :chicken: :chicken:

Leonardo DiCaprio’s Top 10 Film Performances

With so many notable performances under his belt, it is truly difficult to pick the top 10 of Leonardo DiCaprio’s many roles. Many of his most crucial roles, such as Jack Dawson from Titanic and Howard Hughes from The Aviator, earned the acclaimed actor numerous awards. But, with DiCaprio’s recent announcement that he will take a break from acting (he did do three movies in two years, after all), a thorough review of the star’s best accomplishments is highly necessary.

10. Romeo + Juliet (1996)

It seems only obvious that an actor that oozes so much sensuality would master a role as romantic as Romeo from Romeo + Juliet. The best part is, DiCaprio is not limited to playing the pretty boy with a soft side for the fair maiden. His role as Romeo merely served as evidence of his depth as an actor, which includes his ability to play a devoted lover. He is well-rounded in genres and thus an ideal actor for any role he comes across.

9. Gangs of New York (2002)

DiCaprio’s role as in Gangs of New York greatly contrasts his part as Romeo, as the actor’s character Amsterdam Vallon is openly aggressive and violent. Yet again, DiCaprio’s depth as an actor is proven, as well as his ease at adopting new accents for whichever role he takes on. Here, he plays a fighter who goes up against Americans who find him and his Irish group to be weak immigrants. Watch the film's trailer here.

8. The Departed (2006)

This film also features Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg, ensuring an action-packed film from the beginning. Though DiCaprio is forced to share the spotlight with other big names in Hollywood, his performance in The Departed sticks out in its own way. His character brings an energy and excitement that allows The Departed to be the captivating Oscar winner it is. Watch the film's trailer here.

7. Blood Diamond (2006)

As is expected from the actor, DiCaprio helpfully adopts yet another accent to suit his role as Billy Costigan in Blood Diamond. The moving performance (with DiCaprio and other actors’ contributions) is set in a money hungry environment that ultimately raises awareness of the African turmoil, as seen through the eyes of a smuggler in the land. The struggles DiCaprio’s character faced in Blood Diamond communicate the real-life struggle the people of the land face for the same cause.

6. Marvin’s Room (1996)

Meryl Streep and Diane Keaton, along with Leonardo DiCaprio, deliver fantastic performances that engage the viewer and provide a humorous experience in Marvin's Room. The characters are endearing and hilarious, with DiCaprio providing many laughable moments as Hank, a troubled teenager with a history as the pyromaniac of the unsettled family. Watch the film's trailer here.

5. The Aviator (2004)

Regardless of the role, DiCaprio in The Aviator is a clear indication of his versatility as an actor. He manages to deliver a strong performance that successfully communicates Howard Hughes’ Hollywood success and eventual downfall. He puts his soul into the role and is victoriously capable of assuming a madman’s character in a number of his films, including this one. Watch the film's trailer here.

4. Catch Me If You Can (2002)

DiCaprio’s character Frank Abagnale is a forger in Catch Me If You Can, in which a high school boy uses his skillful techniques to become a lawyer, pilot, and doctor. The actor has the ideal demeanor for a role this lighthearted, which is a biography for the real-life forger who later assisted the government to prevent future falsifying. Frank Abagnale is no doubt honored by DiCaprio’s entertaining and witty delivery of his life.

3. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)

This film made Leonardo DiCaprio well-known in the Hollywood world. The 1993 film, also featuring Johnny Depp, provided DiCaprio with his “breakthrough” role. DiCaprio plays Arnie Grape, a young brother with mental retardation but a big heart. His role in What's Eating Gilbert Grape was a supporting one, of course, as Depp starred as the lead actor, but DiCaprio managed to capture the hearts of the film’s viewers with his boyish smile and playful nature. Watch the film's trailer here.

2. Inception (2010)

This blockbuster propelled DiCaprio to a new level of fame when it was released in 2010. Just as with his other performances, the actor was chosen for a promising film with a gifted director who expected a strong performance from him – and DiCaprio, as usual, was able to deliver. This is the secret of Inception’s success, as DiCaprio and his other costars (such as Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ellen Page) delivered dynamic performances to match some phenomenal visual effects. It is no surprise, then, that one of the biggest films of recent times features Leonardo DiCaprio within its cast list. Watch the film's trailer here.

1. Titanic (1997)

Leonardo DiCaprio’s role as Jack Dawson in Titanic is inarguably the most memorable film performance of his career. His role as Rose DeWitt Bukater’s (played by Kate Winslet) star-crossed lover was electrifying. DiCaprio has an unmistakable ability to adopt any emotion needed for his character, whether it be joyful recklessness one moment and flaming hatred in another. He was as carefree and passionate as the film required, without coming across as cheesy or artificial.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/01/leonardo-dicaprio-s-top-10-film-performances