Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Brits want Leonardo Dicaprio and Helena Bonham Carter to win an Oscar

Helena Bonham Carter and Leonardo DiCaprio are the Biritsh public favourites to win an Oscar, according to a Cineworld poll.

Cinema goers were asked who they would most like to see win an Academy Award and the pair came out on top, with Helena gaining 50% of the vote and LeoDiCaprio scoring 36%.

Apparently voters weren't too pleased that both actors missed out on nomination for this year's awards after their performances in Les Miserables and Django Unchained.

Both have been nominated for Academy Awards in the past, but neither has won any.

Other actors and actresses who scored highly in the poll included Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Julianne Moore.

Roy Gower, head of film at Cineworld, agreed saying, "It is surprising to see that some very strong talent have never won an Oscar and we hope that this will change in the years to come."

http://www.handbag.com/celebrity/news/a453981/brits-want-leonardo-dicaprio-and-helena-bonham-carter-to-win-an-oscar.html

Video from MTV when leo talked about meeting the Jersey Shore crew...though the rest of the interview was new to me :)

http://www.mtv.com/g...1830&vid=483580

interesting article :)

Why Leo DiCaprio Will Still Make Big Money, Despite Taking "Long, Long Break" From Movies

Leo DiCaprio is taking a break from work, which has me wondering: How much money does someone make just sitting around being Leo? Are his residuals huge?

—Jewel, New Hampshire, via Twitter

A-list dollars have a habit of disappearing as soon as they show up in a star's bank account. Thanks to big paychecks and even bigger back-end deals, the Titanic star may technically never have to work again...but he actually does, if he wants to keep himself in yachts and supermodels.

Just how much is a Leonardo DiCaprio-level star making just sitting around being amazing? Or, as Leo put it, taking "a long, long break?"

The numbers, they are obscene:

First, know this: Most stars don't survive on residuals, the relatively small amount of ongoing pay dictated by the Screen Actors Guild.

"I've seen residual checks that are $40,000 for a first-time payment, all the way down to a check from an episode of Saturday Night Live done 20 years ago, and that amount was 23 cents," celebrity accountant Andrew B. Blackman of the firm Schulman Lobel tells me.

Instead, most of the cash flowing into a DiCaprio-style bank account comes from "participation" deals--money skimmed off of box-office gross or profit. And that can amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars a year...or more.

Just how much are we talking?

Well, put it this way: One Oscar-winning Hollywood writer pulls in roughly $250,000 a year, just from participation deals from his decades-long career. And he isn't even an on-screen talent. DiCaprio is said to have made $59 million--$59,000,000--from Inception alone, thanks to salary, back-end pay and a cut from DVDs and rentals.

Then there are the box-office bonuses.

Even second-tier stars can score those these days: We're talking six or seven figures, automatically paid, once a star's film hits a certain number at the box office. DiCaprio's films from the past 2 years include, among others, Django Unchained, which is close to hitting $140 million in U.S. box office; Inception, which raked in $293 million; and Shutter Island, which grossed $128 million.

Supposing that the actor scored a million-dollar box office bonus for each flick--well within imagination and probably a conservative figure--that's another $3 million in icing that the actor has banked since 2010.

And we haven't even gotten to the eight-figure salaries that DiCaprio scored in the early aughts, when he was charging $20 million apiece for The Aviator, Catch Me If You Can, The Departed or Blood Diamond. If he's smart, he's invested a piece of that cash and is living on at least some of the interest.

In other words, fret not for Leo. He may be face a life of joblessness for the next few years, but for an A-lister, joblessness never equals homelessness.

http://www.eonline.c...s&asid=dea31ced

Paloma Hecht@palomahecht

And what if I say that we are at the after party of Muse and I just found Leonardo DiCaprio and talk with him!!. Already RIP Paloma

Kate Myers@kateannmyers

Just hanging out with Leonardo Dicaprio #nbd @LizzleL @MeredithMcbee

Shantel Zorrilla @Shantybutterfly

Oh just Katy perry and Leo dicaprio 2ft away from me..no big deal #yarightfreakingout

Thanks for the covers and articles girls :flower:

Paloma Hecht@palomahecht

And what if I say that we are at the after party of Muse and I just found Leonardo DiCaprio and talk with him!!. Already RIP Paloma

Kate Myers@kateannmyers

Just hanging out with Leonardo Dicaprio #nbd @LizzleL @MeredithMcbee

Shantel Zorrilla @Shantybutterfly

Oh just Katy perry and Leo dicaprio 2ft away from me..no big deal #yarightfreakingout

Thanks for the covers and articles girls :flower:

Thanks all for the pics, tweets, articles, vids etc :flower:

So that prior tweet was in regards to this Jack Daniels commercial. Looking very dapper, can't wait to see the final results! Though I'm curious, if that tiger tweet was legit, I'm wondering if these tigers will be encorporated in this commercial or if its apart of an entirely separate event. Also, something tells me part of the proceeds of his work for the commercial will go towards the environment somehow, but it's just a feeling. :p

But wow, even though he's on a break he's still very much up and about doing his thing, he's like the energizer bunny. :p

Also, it was a delight to see Leo lead the pack of actors who Brits wish to see win an Oscar. Always a pleasure to see Leo acknowledged in a positive light. :)

Thanks all for the pics, tweets, articles, vids etc :flower:

So that prior tweet was in regards to this Jack Daniels commercial. Looking very dapper, can't wait to see the final results! Though I'm curious, if that tiger tweet was legit, I'm wondering if these tigers will be encorporated in this commercial or if its apart of an entirely separate event. Also, something tells me part of the proceeds of his work for the commercial will go towards the environment somehow, but it's just a feeling. :p

But wow, even though he's on a break he's still very much up and about doing his thing, he's like the energizer bunny. :p

Also, it was a delight to see Leo lead the pack of actors who Brits wish to see win an Oscar. Always a pleasure to see Leo acknowledged in a positive light. :)

Some great news on Django's worldwide box office as of this weekend , or as the writer said before the film was released overseas : audiences overseas love Leo :p

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya

More hot intl openings for #Django beating Basterds by 30-60%. $42.9M wknd, $111.5M intl cume, $257.8M global.

Maybe some new pap pix to come, Leo is filming more of the Jack Daniels commercial today in Malibu

Malibu, UNITED STATES (USA), Sun 27 Jan 2013, 00:00 GMT

13857, MALIBU, CALIFORNIA - Sunday January 27, 2013. **EXCLUSIVE** **EXCLUSIVE** Leonardo DiCaprio juggles an ice ball on his fingertips whilst filming a scene for a Japanese Jack Daniels advertisement on a balcony in Malibu. The 38-year-old actor, dressed his best in a grey suit and holding a glass tumbler,

Maybe some new pap pix to come, Leo is filming more of the Jack Daniels commercial today in Malibu

Malibu, UNITED STATES (USA), Sun 27 Jan 2013, 00:00 GMT

13857, MALIBU, CALIFORNIA - Sunday January 27, 2013. **EXCLUSIVE** **EXCLUSIVE** Leonardo DiCaprio juggles an ice ball on his fingertips whilst filming a scene for a Japanese Jack Daniels advertisement on a balcony in Malibu. The 38-year-old actor, dressed his best in a grey suit and holding a glass tumbler,

1359315721-0002-3.jpg

Shine

Tks for alert to Leo vid on Newscom site :flower:

I never even noticed they have vids posted there

In the caption that came with the pix I posted they mentioned that Leo spotted them and had them put up large glass panes to try to keep them from being able to film him .

I just can't wait to see this commercial,he looks sooo handsome and charming as hell!! :woot:

This man never stops...that's why we love him! :hehe: Unfortunately I cant see the video Shine,but tks anyway!! :flower: