Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Article is mainly about Jennifer Lawrence turning down Inside Actor's Studio invite, but does mention Leo as well.

Interesting which actors , like Leo, have declined the invite and are always welcome should they change their mind

thanks a lot for all the updates! :hug:

very nice set, Barbie! good job, kat! :p

I heard, Leo refused to be nominated on Oscar as supporting actor for Calvin Candie :idk:

I kinda can't get one thing, I also heard Leo chose to be nominated for Blood Diamond on 2007, instead of The Departed, I mean, how it works ? like academy ppl call actors and ask them if they want to get a nom or what ? :idk:

OMG!! I love this place you girls are fabulous can't believe all the great stuff on here, Thank you xx :heart::hug::kiss: Hearts, hugs and kisses for all x

Wow gotta say I loved all the pics, there is only one man that makes the 'duckface' look sexy and that's our Leo :rofl: He scrubs up goooood :wub:

thanks a lot for all the updates! :hug:

very nice set, Barbie! good job, kat! :p

I heard, Leo refused to be nominated on Oscar as supporting actor for Calvin Candie :idk:

I kinda can't get one thing, I also heard Leo chose to be nominated for Blood Diamond on 2007, instead of The Departed, I mean, how it works ? like academy ppl call actors and ask them if they want to get a nom or what ? :idk:

Sic

First, personally, I've haven't read any articles/heard from any Oscar bloggers that Leo did not want to be campaigned for Dango.

At same time, yes, from everything I've read/been told it is true that Leo, Matt, Jack were all campaigned as supporting actors for TD ,and that all 3 actors agreed to their being campaigned this way.

At same time, from what I've learned over the years from long time Oscar bloggers is that it is usually a mutual agreement between studio and actor as to how they will be campaigned during award season.

However, at same time, I have read /been told of times that some actors , use their 'clout' to demand they be placed in a certain category that may not always be where the studio would have placed them.

And ,yes, I have been told by bloggers that some actors do decline being campaigned.

The main thing I've learned from Oscar bloggers is that campaigning for an award nod or win is similar to presidential campaigning.

That you must clear your schedule and be always available for meet & greets with potential voters, agree to tv appearances , that some actors pr teams even hire 'coaches' to assist them with their acceptance speeches/ how they respond to questions during the award season.

The main fallacy of the general public is the idea that award nods/wins are determined soley based on the excellence of the performance.

I'm reposting a long time award blogger comments about this subject that I posted here earlier :

Don't get too mad. Remember, Oscars are far from a barometer of quality, it's about buzz, money, begging, campaigning and quality comes in somewhere much later down the line. Look at the Oscars as fun and always remember to talk about your favorite films when given the chance... you'll find you are far less likely to get agitated that way.

Sic

First, personally, I've haven't read any articles/heard from any Oscar bloggers that Leo did not want to be campaigned for Dango.

At same time, yes, from everything I've read/been told it is true that Leo, Matt, Jack were all campaigned as supporting actors for TD ,and that all 3 actors agreed to their being campaigned this way.

At same time, from what I've learned over the years from long time Oscar bloggers is that it is usually a mutual agreement between studio and actor as to how they will be campaigned during award season.

However, at same time, I have read of times that some actors , use their 'clout' demand they be placed in a certain category that may not always be where the studio would have placed them.

And ,yes, I have been told by bloggers that some actors do decline being campaigned.

The main thing I've learned from Oscar bloggers is that campaigning for an award nod or win is similar to presidential campaigning.

That you must clear your schedule and be always available for meet & greets with potential voters, agree to tv appearances , that some actors pr teams even hire 'coaches' to assist them with their acceptance speeches/ how they respond to questions during the award season.

The main fallacy of the general public is the idea that award nods/wins are determined soley based on the excellence of the performance.

I'm reposting a long time award blogger comments about this subject that I posted here earlier :

Don't get too mad. Remember, Oscars are far from a barometer of quality, it's about buzz, money, begging, campaigning and quality comes in somewhere much later down the line. Look at the Oscars as fun and always remember to talk about your favorite films when given the chance... you'll find you are far less likely to get agitated that way.

Sick: as others have said, I don't think leo refused a nomination, he just didn't want to play the whole whore yourself to the camera and late night talk shows to get a nomination ;)

Yeah me too, I'd rather Leo be himself rather than a campaigner xx :hehe::flower::thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Sic

However, at same time, I have read /been told of times that some actors , use their 'clout' to demand they be placed in a certain category that may not always be where the studio would have placed them.

Wijn

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Django :)

Makeitcount

Tks for great news that Django is indeed being critically well received in France :)

As sometimes I'm not so sure I'm correctly understanding what the Google translations are saying :p

Stay strong, I really do think you will be glad that your first viewing of Calvin Candie is on big theater screen with audience :flower:

I hope other posters who live overseas will let us know how the film/Leo's performance are being received in their countries compared to US critical reaction :)

Sic

Luv the tweet you posted; so true (Y)

If they were honest, the award would be called "Best Marketing Campaign for a Film Released after Halloween