Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

ByPrincess

Personally I feel it is more likely that hell will freeze over before Leo would not be a this week's GG.

The HFP organization have been very good to Leo these past years ( 10 nominations ) so, unless, he was unexpectedly ill , he will be there.

To help clear up the matter , below is definition of a 1st unit versus 2nd unit team in filmmaking.

The cast member stated the first unit wrapped today, and according to information below, Leo is considered first unit :)

The functions of the second unit vary, but typically the first unit always films the key face-to-face drama between the principal actors. Two frequent ways a second unit is used are:

• Action sequences. Action sequences are often filmed in discrete locations, using stunt personnel rather than the principal cast, and requiring significantly different filming arrangements than for ordinary scenes. Therefore they are an obvious opportunity for second unit shooting.
  • 'Pick-ups'. After the main unit has finished on a set or location, there may be shots that require some or all of this setting as background, but doesn't require the principal actors - such as close-ups, inserts, cutaways and establishing shots

Hi Summer :) !

So sweet - Tom Holland, 16 year old actor from The Impossible and winner of Breakthrough Actor at the event last night

hough Mr. Redmayne would be presenting Mr. Holland's NBR honor, Mr. Holland was most looking forward to meeting Mr. DiCaprio.

"I can be like, 'Hi Leo, how are you doing?'" Mr. Holland practiced. "Actually, I'm not quite on the Leo level yet. I'll probably call him Mr. DiCaprio."

At that, Mr. Holland and his mother hopped in the SUV with a publicist to head down to Cipriani. He pulled out his iPhone to look at a sketch of a speech his father, a writer and comedian, had helped him craft. "I think I have it down," Mr. Holland said, after reading it once or twice. "I have a photographic memory.'

There was some talk of "Downton Abbey"—both Mr. Holland and his mother felt Dan Stevens should have stuck with the series—and one of their new BBC obsessions, a show called "The Paradise," which takes place in England's first department store.

"Tom is the only one in the house who will watch it with me," his mother said.

At Cipriani, a line of fans waited outside, some even holding stills from "The Impossible" for Mr. Holland to sign. Before he got out of the car, he took a few photographs of himself and then perused them. "I'm trying to make sure my hair is OK," said Mr. Holland, who was wearing a new Armani suit. "Wow, that is sad," his mother replied.

"What? I'm about to go in front of 50 photographers. You think my hair should look bad?" Mr. Holland said, and hopped out of the SUV.

"This is all new to him," Ms. Elizabeth said, as she watched her son interact with the fans. "He's enjoying it."

Before the awards ceremony began, Mr. Holland was whisked through the press line, and got a chance to meet Daniel Craig. Eventually Mr. Redmayne took to the stage to introduce the young prodigy and called Mr. Holland's work "a performance of staggering emotional weight" that "defies belief."

"This is all new to me," Mr. Holland told the crowd, making a special note to thank his mother. "I am flattered to be in this beautiful room. Otherwise I'd probably be in bed in London."

Several hours later, the ceremony was finally over. As the crowd started to go home, Mr. Holland took his chance: He grabbed his award, said good night to the other guests at his table and went in search of Mr. DiCaprio.

Thanks for the welcome!

So the London premiere is tomorrow? I hope Leo doesn't go, given what happened with the BAFTAs.

I really doubt Leo will be nominated tomorrow. I read a Los Angeles Times article that claimed all the talk among Academy members is about Waltz. Personally, I hope Waltz doesn't get in. I think he's a co-lead in the movie and should have been campaigned as such. It's not fair.

Like many of you I feel the frustration of following The Leo and the Oscars Saga. I really want to see him win and I'm not sure what he needs to do to do so.

The BAFTA noms are crazy in so many ways -- Ben Affleck for best actor? No Speilberg? Bardem, again?

I don't think Leo will be nominated either for the Academy Awards. Not that he isn't deserving but because he hasn't been nominated for most of the other major awards. I don't mind if Christopher gets a nom because he was great even if he should have been in the Best Actor category. Anyway, it will be sweeter when Leo ges nominated and wins an Oscar one day.

I haven't seen that picture, so it's new to me :clap: Thank you very much Byprincess :heythere: Everything about Leo in that pic is droolworthy, he was hot sitting down, but he's even hotter standing up lol

OMG I just noticed that Jamie and Quentin are also in the picture :rofl:

Main actor and director overshadowed by Leo :nicole:

Wow Leo looks hot in this pic. According to him it was his last day with the crew.

Nicholas Teti@NickyTeti

Coolin it with the homie Leo and the crew. http://instagr.am/p/USj8wBjPPp/

Leo is sitting on the right hand side of this picture:

Cris Belkewitch@TaoOfCris

The great Martin Scorsese http://instagr.am/p/USjEdFM39R/

Leo is now at 1oak

Chris Maldarella@chrismald94

Leonardo DiCaprio just walked into 1Oak. He is 6 feet away from me. All of the organs have fallen out of my butt.

taylor hoffmann@headsorTAYL

Leonardo DiCaprio is at oak. Just as good looking in person @NYNightlife

welcome, Summer! :wave:

thanks a lot for everything! :wave:

loved Tom Holland's words about Leo :wub: glad so many young actors admire him :wub2:

Leo looks so good in those twitter pics :wub:

waiting for Oscar noms! :hehe: although I know he doesn't need Oscar and so on, but would be nice to see him at award and see him win! :hehe: