Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

National Board of Review 2013

While celebrating the movies of 2012, the National Board of Review awards gala on Tuesday included a touch of cinema history, featuring a special tribute to the James Bond franchise on its 50th anniversary and a dose of reality, with members of the Central Park Five, C.I.A. agent Tony Mendez (portrayed in Argo), and Sixto Rodriguez from Searching for Sugar Man.

And yet! It being awards season, movies were the focus of the long evening at Cipriani in Manhattan. We present some highlights from the (more than 40!) speeches heard at the gathering:

Bradley Cooper, presenting Leonardo DiCaprio with a best-supporting-actor prize for Django Unchained: “I’m so excited to do this. And that’s mainly because, well, let’s be honest, how many of us haven’t imagined ourselves as Rose being held by Jack in the bow of the Titanic?”

Leonardo DiCaprio, who arrived quite late in the evening, directly from the set of The Wolf of Wall Street: “I’ve been in White Plains all evening, screaming at loud, boisterous financiers. And I’m not talking about Harvey Weinstein.”

Sic

Tks for NBR /Vanity Fair article :)

Besides enjoying reading an article about the event it answers the question I wondered about last night when we didn't see any press pix of Leo like for all the other honored celebs appearing at Just Jared/Pop Sugar,etc.. I wondered if he had arrived late from Wolf set, and now I know he did .

Also I posted a tweet from Meridith Viera about Leo last night, and I found out today she was the host for

the event.

Also , tks, for larger NBR pix ; I'm hoping that the entertainment shows tonight might have some coverage from event .

Tks, also, for French/Django magazine article and London /Django billboard .

Pami

Tks for article about Leo/Oscar :)

Every day on Twitter I see evidence that lots of people of both sexes who are dumbfounded by the fact that such a talented actor who have proven his talent in performance after peformance has yet to have received an Oscar for one of those performances

Also in regard to the tweet , you had better wipe your fingerprints off well, as the Academy has its eye on you :p

ByPrincess

Tks for another NBR pix :)

Maybe the woman is someone connected to Django or the NBR board

The woman (Annie Schulhof) in the pix Leo is the President of the National Board of Review

Also I don't know if anyone here has a Rex Feature account by that they have some great closeups of Leo at podium

See link below

http://www.rexfeatur...?celeb=Leonardo Dicaprio

Kat

What I found the most ridiculous about BAFTA nods is they gave Lincoln 10 nods but no nod for Spielberg as if it directed itself.

And , on the other hand, they gave Tarantino a nod for best director but no best picture nod . I mean what was he supposed to have done such a great job at directing ?

Update on Wolf filming from cast member , of course, I have no idea if Leo's filming ends with first unit or 2nd unit

Last day of first unit work today on wolf... few days of 2nd unit shots the rest of the week and next week... picture wrapping completely on tuesday night! Its been a wild ride!!

Hey girls...take a look at this blood diamond fanfic..its hot!! lol

Maddy stared at him for a few seconds before blandly stating, "You lost both your parents." She didn't know for sure, but judging by the stories that she had heard about Danny Archer, she had the right to think so.

"That's a - that's a polite way of putting it, yeah," he mumbled. The vague smile on his lips disappeared and his eyes took on a look of remembrance, as if in his mind, everything that had happened to him was playing clearly. He avoided her gaze and looked beyond her, into the darkness, his jaw set and emotions barely controlled. She watched him carefully, his words confirming her assumption. She wondered how much she would see of him on this calm night. He remained silent for a moment then quietly began, "Mum was raped and shot, and uh..." He paused to pull in a shaky breath and sat forward slightly. "Dad was decapitated and hung from a hook in the barn."

Something similar to pity fell over Maddy as she watched the young man speak. His face bore emotions that could only have been conjured during years of feeling nothing more than pain and a desire to live; he had been through so much.

"I was nine." The words were lifeless as he tried keep himself from feeling that pain. Danny sat back against the bricked support behind him and licked his lips then winced. She tipped her head slightly, trying to understand all there was to know about him. As if realizing that he had told her too much, shown her too much, he glanced at her and a smile, as dead as his words, lifted the corners of his lips. "Boo-hoo, right?" He breathed a chuckle and fell silent.

Maddy blinked heavily, wanting to say something. But what could she say? She doubted he had ever told anyone this, nor did he ever allow himself to feel those emotions that he had buried long ago.

Danny focused on two trees near the house, doing anything to keep his eyes off of hers. "Sometimes I wonder..." His eyes moved quickly, almost nervously. "Will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other?" He breathed in and added, "Then I look around and I realize... God left this place a long time ago." He swallowed hard and finally looked at her, his eyes filled with stubborn tears. Danny shook his head quickly and leaned toward her, placing his fingers on his chin. "It's uh..." His voice grew hoarse, the pressure of his emotions breaking the trained soldier. "Ah, what's the point, huh?" He wiped at his eyes, waving his words away.

Every part of him was laced with muscle and he was a soldier through and through, but at this moment, he seemed more like a child. One who was finally facing the horror he had seen and experienced. He sniffled quietly, desperate to hide his unwanted tears. Danny kept his eyes covered with his hand, and Maddy slowly moved forward, raising her hand; she wanted to see him. He began to lower his hand but she caught it gently. His face registered surprise but he didn't look at her; he seemed ashamed. Finally, he dragged his eyes up and met hers. Maddy squeezed his fingers, reassuring him, and he stared at her. "Maddy," he whispered. He didn't pull his hand away as she had expected.

She knew that anything she said could cause him to recoil so she remained silent, guiding his hand to her face. He stretched his fingers slightly and touched her cheek, cupping it softly. Then his other hand was there, gently tracing her lips with his thumb. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to be lost in his touch, in the absolute calm that surrounded the small school. The quiet voices of the children inside had faded and the only sounds that filled their ears was the grasshopper's purrs and each others breathing.

"Maddy, you shouldn't..." He began but stopped. Her eyes flitted open and looked into his; they often had a shield-like cover over them, but tonight, they were clear. "You shouldn't be here." Abruptly, he pulled his hands back and crossed his arms over his chest. "You need to leave."

Maddy was surprised by his sudden absence when he stood and walked to the gazebo's doorway. "It's my story," she whispered.

He looked over his shoulder then forward. ""I'm" not your story."

"You are apart of it."

He turned back, leaning on the support with his shoulder. "I'm a tiny part, one that could be left out, huh?"

She stood slowly but did not move toward him, feeling as if she were trying to calm a spooked animal. "What are you afraid of, Danny?" He had corrected her on their second meeting when she had called him by his first name, but now, he didn't seem like Archer.

His eyes widened and he gave a dark laugh, looking away. "I'm not afraid of anything."

She took a step closer. "Neither am I."

"Well you should be."

"What should I be afraid of?"

Danny's jaw clenched. "Me."

She wasn't all together shocked by his words, after all, he had hidden from himself for along time and it was probably hard for him to face who he was, and most likely even more difficult now that he was sharing his past with a journalist. "Well, I'm not."

He immediately moved forward and placed his hands on her arms, holding her in place as he spoke. "Maddy, you don't know what I've done in my life. You shouldn't be here, you should be leaving Africa and going back to your home. It isn't safe here and especially not with me." His words weren't hurried yet she felt an urgency to them. Why did he want her gone so badly?

She pulled away from his strong hold and stood back. "I'm not going home until I have the story that you promised me."

He groaned loudly and raked a hand through his hair. "You've got your story! I gave you what you need."

"You haven't given me everything."

He laughed shortly and dug into the pocket of his pants and took out the small book he had shown her before. "This? Is this what you want?" He held it out to her. "Then here, take it."

She stared at the book for a long moment, unsure what to do. If she did take it, she would have her story, everything she needed to expose Van De Kaap and what he had done to the people in Africa, but at the same time, if she took it, Danny would force her to leave. She slowly shook her head.

He muttered a curse word. "You're stubborn."

"No more than you. I'll only take that book when I'm done here."

"And when will that be?"

"When I think I'm done." Danny turned and began to walk out of the gazebo but she walked behind him. "You'd never told anyone about your family, had you?"

"No." He continued walking, but not to the house. His steps instead brought both to a small cliff.

Maddy's breath was nearly stolen when she saw the incredible beauty. The moon's muted beams glowed over the damp earth below, and though the view seemed to go on for miles, she felt as if she could see everything. "Wow," she breathed.

Danny turned to her and motioned to the forest below. "This is your story, Maddy. What happens in these woods, in those camps, and to those people. So go find them and leave me alone."

She looked at him, frustration taking the place of her pity. "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not leaving?"

He moved toward her, closing the distance and when his lips met hers, she wrapped her arms around his neck, partly expecting it. His scent was a mix of stale cigarette smoke and sweat, yet she found it strangely addictive. She slowly forgot about the cliff beside them, the forest beneath them, and the world around them. She moaned quietly when his lips left hers and went to her neck, drifting to her shoulder where his fingers gently moved the fabric. Then he went back to her lips, gently assaulting them.

She laid a hand on his chest, feeling the ragged motions and erratic heartbeat. Suddenly, distant gunfire echoed through the area and Maddy jumped back, startled. Danny laughed, his lips breaking into a genuine smile. "You'd think you would be used to that by now."

Maddy caught her breath and smiled, biting her bottom lip. "I should be." Knowing that she probably wouldn't have been able to keep himself from going further had the gunshots not stopped her, she quietly said, "N.T.R., I guess."

His brow rose. "N.T.R.?" he repeated, his smile faltering

"Nothing to regret."

Danny chuckled at her use of the acronym since he had thrown 'T.I.A.' at her on their first meet. He nodded and bowed his head slightly. "I guess so."

The gunshots ceased and the two looked at each other for a long moment, each longing to continue what they had begun, but for different reasons, they stayed apart. Maddy glanced at the house then back at him. "Good night, Danny."

A lopsided smile curved his lips. "Good night, Miss Bowen."

The word is most of the main stars and Tarantino are going to attend. So if you want to see Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Kerry Washington and Samuel L Jackson this is your chance.

You see it doesn’t look like Leonardo Di Caprio is going to be there so that should give you a much better chance of getting to the front of the barriers.