Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Article talking about reaction to today's BAFTA nod

Leonardo DiCaprio for ‘Django Unchained’

Was the wrong ‘Django Unchained’ star given a ‘Best Supporting Actor’ nomination? Christoph Waltz made the shortlist for his well-spoken German bounty hunter, but we preferred Leonardo DiCaprio’s turn as slave owner Calvin Candie; an impressive, against-type performance that veered effortlessly from charming to smarmy to pure evil.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-editors/bafta-2012-nominations-biggest-snubs-121021025.html

Hey ladies :wave:

Thanks for all the great pics and funny tweets from NBR event! Leo looks very handsome, but then again when is he not? lol. I'm bummed he did not get the BAFTA nom. He is more deserving than Waltz in my opinion. I guess slicing your hand open during a scene, smearing real blood everywhere and needing stitches doesn't mean anything to these voters lol! Staying positive though that he will at least get the Oscar nom. (fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed lol)

Sad Leo didn't get a nom, but I thought Waltz did a fantastic job, and if anyone else is deserving to get a nom besides leo, its him ;)

Thanks all for the National Board pics! I hope we can get a vid of leo on stage from the event :) Also did anyone watch the Nightline interview? Is it online yet?

Hey girls...I just translated it from a brazilian website,hope you dont mind...blame it on google translator. hehe :hehe:

An Oscar for Leonardo DiCaprio, please

It's unbelievable, but Leonardo DiCaprio, 38 years old, has never won an Oscar. Maybe 2013 is the year of the star. Django Unchained, a sensational western / drama / comedy / adventure by Quentin Tarantino. DiCaprio does a farmer who bought and sold slaves in 1859. His specialty is promoting deadly fights between blacks and when he feels a competitor has earned everything, do not think twice: he throws them to the hungry dogs. It is an irascible villain, fearful and cynical. Seldom seen DiCaprio so comfortable in a role - and we should remember he has done various memorable types.

Although he is one of the best and hottest stars of his generation, he only ran three times for an Oscar: Best Supporting Actor for Gilbert Grape (1994) and best actor for The Aviator (2005) and Blood Diamond (2007). However, it has been repeatedly snubbed by the Academy of Hollywood.

In Titanic (1997), for example, your name was almost certainly among the nominees. Ignored, he did not even attend the ceremony. Then came other important performances in Gangs of New York (2002), Catch Me If You Can (2002), The Departed (2006) and It Just a Dream (2008). In the last two years, turned snobbery same injustice. Inception and Shutter Island, 2010, were well received by audiences and critics, but Oscar is good, nothing ... Worse, last year, DiCaprio, a fabulous performance in J. Edgar (pictured below), was again "forgotten".

Free For Django, which debuts March 18, DiCaprio has won the trophy of the National Board of Review, which unites the American critics, and is nominated for a Golden Globe for best supporting actor on Sunday. The 2013 Oscar nominations come out tomorrow. I'm rooting for him to win now. And, preferably, with an academy award in his hands.

http://vejasp.abril....prio-por-favor/

Article talking about reaction to today's BAFTA nod

Leonardo DiCaprio for ‘Django Unchained’

Was the wrong ‘Django Unchained’ star given a ‘Best Supporting Actor’ nomination? Christoph Waltz made the shortlist for his well-spoken German bounty hunter, but we preferred Leonardo DiCaprio’s turn as slave owner Calvin Candie; an impressive, against-type performance that veered effortlessly from charming to smarmy to pure evil.

http://uk.movies.yah...-121021025.html

ByPrincess & Pami

Tell us the truth, which one of you made the tweet below :p

I'm sorry but if Leonardo DiCaprio is passed over at the Oscars again there will be blood shed