Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

More details on Spielberg on how his "good buddy" Leo played a part in DDL agreeing to play Lincoln:

"Daniel had about six years to think about it from the first time I offered him not this Lincoln, not the Tony Kushner-written Lincoln, and not the Lincoln written from Doris (Kearns Goodwin’s) book, but an original Lincoln script that I developed," Spielberg told Deadline in December. "After turning me down to play the character, I don’t think he ever forgot our encounter."

How did he get the actor to change his mind? Friends in high places. "What really did the trick was when he read the Tony Kushner script, and I was able to get a take two, because my good buddy Leonardo DiCapriosimply called him up one day and said, 'You need to reconsider this. Steven really wants you for this, and he’s not willing to make the movie without you,' the filmmaker recalled. "So Daniel, based on Leo’s phone call to him, offered to read the Tony Kushner script, which he had never read, and also the Doris Kearns Goodwin script, which he had never read. That was the beginning, and I think that’s when the courtship was over. Once he read the script, then he really had to come to terms with the big decision he would eventually have to make, which was, 'Can I, with honor, equip this character in a way I’ll be able to live with the rest of my life?' "

Just watched Nightline segment with Leo,Jamie, Quentin

The really only new Leo moment is when he talks about Jamie /Quentin's reaction when he cut his hand during dinner scene.

He imitates Jamie and Quentin's reaction to his bleeding hand.

Otherwise the only other time Leo talks are the bits we've all already seen on the preview which has been posted here before

I'm sure before long ABC will have the interview up on their site.

BAFTA nominations were announced this morning

Only Christopher Waltz was nominated for SP along with Tommy Lee Jones, Alan Arkin, Javier Bardem, Phillip Hoffman

Quentin was nominated for Best Director and best screenplay, but no Best Film nod

Django was ,also, nominated for editing and sound .

LOL Miz_Linz :p

Thanks princess for the tweets as well :)

Didn't notice till now, Joseph Gordon-Levitt had quite a few tweets about django :D Wasn't joseph rumored to be cameoing in Django?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt@hitRECordJoe

#DJANGO #UNCHAINED #brilliant #fun #profound #sad #movie #brutality #America #race #capitalism #love #fraternal #romantic #tupac

#DJANGO features perhaps the greatest shoot-out scene in the history of american cinema.

#DJANGO also worth mentioning, if you don't like seeing graphic (though, in my opinion, never gratuitous) violence, you might not like it.

BAFTA nominations were announced this morning

Only Christopher Waltz was nominated for SP along with Tommy Lee Jones, Alan Arkin, Javier Bardem, Phillip Hoffman

Quentin was nominated for Best Director and best screenplay, but no Best Film nod

Django was ,also, nominated for editing and sound .

Oxford: thanks 4 da tweets,news!!!

IMO,LEO THE GREAT doesn`t need any kind of nods or wins better I say he doesn`t need any kind of awards to validate his unique talent.DA MAN JUST RULZZZZZZZZ :thumbsup:

Princess,Calibi,Kat,mz_linz & Crazylady:thanks 4 da tweets & pix & links!!!!!!

Valentine:thanks 4 for more information about Leo/DDL/Lincoln!

Tweet from Wolf crew member this morning ; hope this doesn't mean that last of Wolf filming is taking long , at least not Leo's part of filming :p

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if Leo is at London premiere tonight

The end is near. Only a few more wake ups left on this picture. Been on it since August 26th.