Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

mz_linz...I really love your avi..."Keep calm and love DiCaprio"...*many sighs* :hehe:

So sad,why do I need to wait until Januray 18 to watch this movie? :/ Fash,I also agree with you,why they always need to bring up Titanic when it comes to Leo? I dont see the same thing going on with Kate Winslet for example and she was also the protagonist. It gives me the impression that Leo only made this film throughout his life. :huh: Helloooo....Leo has an extensive career!

Tks for the tweets and articles girls. :flower:

So seems Jonah also joined the party at Sydney... the question is... Why none of us was invited? :beating: :nicole:

Hollywood Treatment@hollywoodtrmnt

Spotted: @JonahHill at @MarqueeSydney @samantharonson gig! Both ready to party there again on NYE!

Jamie Foxx at the Marquee

Stellar* Concepts@StellarTweets

Our friends at @MarqueeSydney know how to throw a party. @iamjamiefoxx impromptu gig with Sam Ronson tonight! pic.twitter.com/sbF1iJWQ

Also Leo was at the Marquee...

Lucy @LuTres

When you have watched Leonardo Dicaprio dancing pissed up 2ft away from you in a club you know you know you have had an insane night!!

Below is wonderful essay written by the actress who played Coco , the hostess of the Cleopatra Club about her experiences being part of the film and working with Leo

Just posting a small excerpt of her essay below , as well as, link to entire essay

The films drops us off on the dark side of American capitalism, and casts one of the most charming movie stars in the world as the source of our oppression. Even though Mr Dicaprio is on the record as saying he didn’t identify with his character, I believe that his performance speaks to the role that the ancient Shamen played in restoring balance to a community in need of healing. He channels and exorcises dark spirits, from such an authentic place, that we can see a part of ourselves even in that darkness. During the three weeks I spent with Dicaprio, as Calvin Candie and Coco, his character became a window for me to understand why people do the 'unimaginable'. There was always a gleam of humor behind his eyes - a genuine feeling that he was present to the experience. The love and attention that he brought to the role shone a light for me on the power of storytelling.

So sad,why do I need to wait until Januray 18 to watch this movie? :/ Fash,I also agree with you,why they always need to bring up Titanic when it comes to Leo? I dont see the same thing going on with Kate Winslet for example and she was also the protagonist. It gives me the impression that Leo only made this film throughout his life. :huh: Helloooo....Leo has an extensive career!

Pami & Fash

it's kinda annoying yeah, but I think tthe reason it mostly happens to Leo and not Kate is that Leo was the main in Titanic, I mean he was so beloved by ppl that he kinda became main person of the movie and it was Leo-mania during that time and not Kate-mania, you know what I mean, all these craziness around Titanic was cuz of Leo,that's why they ask him more than Kate.

Amandine

Tks for film stills ; I'm happy to report those truly all scenes from the film :)

This is a podcast review of Django ; the two guys are so excited about the movie , as well as, Leo's performance as Calvin Candie they seem like they are about to start levitating off the ground :p

http://reelreactions.wordpress.com/2012/12/28/ducr/

Just came back from Django too! loll

My opinions on the film..

first thing, Leo really stole the show. his scenes were very intense, and very sadistic, and almost kinda funny in a sick way. Definetly one of leos best performances. I was a little upset though because some of the scenes from the trailers of calvin were cut from the movie, so that kinda sucked. :/ But the scenes leo did have were great! And that whole scene you've all heard about where leo cut his hand...pure. oscar. gold.

The film itself: Very entertaining. Like fash said, it wasn't my favorite movie ever or anything, but it was nice to watch, and one of the better films I've seen in a while. I don't quite see where its getting best picture nods....but I'd definetly like to see it again. The film was quite brutal and violent (very much tarontino style) And the film was actually quite funny...I remember a few times where the whole audiance burst out loud with laughter. And Waltz did a very, very nice job as well, I'm happy hes getting praise for the role as well, cause he was great!

So overview: Leo scenes were awesome, one of his best performances, I hope he gets that oscar nod. And the movie itself, quite entertaining (even if you don't like westerns, which some people don't, this movie is still enjoyable) :)

Heads up for a Leo T.V. appearance! During Nightline 2-night (ABC News late night show) they showed a promo for an upcoming segment to be shown Jan 8th - it had Leo, Jaime, and Tarantino - announcing their own names, Leo says his name, and then Jaime says "Denzel Washington" and Leo and Tarantino crack up laughing. Leo looked great ! He was wearing a dark sweater under a jacket. On the promo, Leo looks so happy and enjoying himself - some adorable expressions on his face. For those who can't see it, Im sure it will be posted on their website later

http://abcnews.go.com/nightline

Katchitup and Fash - enjoyed your reviews. I wondered if either of you saw Pulp Fiction and if so what you thought of that movie (since you said you weren't really into Tarantino movies). I loved Pulp Fiction but not so much his other films except Django but even so, I liked PF more than Django even with Leo - I guess because PF was unlike any other movie I'd seen before and it has such iconic scenes and dialogue and every scene was great.

Thanks for the pictures byprincess. I read other celebrities like Chace Crawford and Mariah Carey were also headed to Australia.

Fash- I hope its ok to anwer your question here about my Leo pic - I can't remember the exact site I found the pic - it was a Leo blog. I dont think Leo was making a fist; he was looking at his fingernails - great interview - and I will try to find the interview clip for you.