Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Nanda

Tks for Helena's words about our gentleman Leo ;)

Calibi

Tks for future Django screening news :)

ByPrincess

Tks for Wolf filming tweets & Hilfiger/Plaza news :)

Fash

Tks for more comments from Devon's about Leo :)

Girl

Tks for our final (?) Django trailer :lol:

Pami

Tks for Leo's Facebook message :)

Django cast tv appearances; no Leo , but they may take about him :)

Dec 5 Don Johnson The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Dec 11 Christoph Waltz Today Show

Dec 12 Jamie Foxx Today Show

Dec 13 Jamie Foxx Late Show with Letterman

Dec 14 Kerry Washington Live with Kelly and Michael

Yeah, I think probably she will write about the movie after watch the screening next december 5, she's a voter on Golden Globe, so hopefully she will write a critic on her blog. I'am anxious to read her opinion.

I also like to read what she writes ;). I hope she has good things to say about the movie.

Devon Sawa mentions leo again in a recent interview :) Nice that he took notice of leo's talents way back in the 90's when they both were teens/ early twenty-somethings (Y)

AVC: Were there other child actors who you tried to model your career after?

DS: A lot of the younger actors back then that I looked up to were people like Johnny Depp and [Leonardo] DiCaprio that were doing stuff that was different. Every role that DiCaprio and Depp took was different, and that was something that I always wanted to kind of follow.

http://www.avclub.co...een-hear,89273/

Ahhhhhh, the Final Destination dude :laugh:. Tks, Fash.

I was hoping we'd see him do at least one stop somewhere :/

Same here :cry2:. I'm a bit disappointed.

Thanks Girl, Ox, Princess, Pami for all stuff :wave:.

twitter.com/NYNightlife;;

Big soft opening party at The Rosewood tonight. Leonardo DiCaprio, Miranda Kerr, Jessica Hart, and Cameron Diaz are in the house.

Is Miranda following Leo around? :gocho: I feel like I've read this tweet every week. Stalker alert! :rofl: Just kidding. Thanks, Lilia.

This is a nice article, this site listed their fave Leo's performances, interesting choices:

Once upon a time Leonardo DiCaprio was just a young, blonde bombshell, beloved by teenager girls everywhere, and the “King of the World” in one of the most successful films of all time. However, his days as a simple heart-throb are now long gone. Leonardo DiCaprio has transitioned over the past ten years into one of the most formidable dramatic actors around, capable of intensely moving and challenging work.

DiCaprio has also become one of the most sought after talents of his generation, working with a staggering level of directorial talent in a streak that has rarely been equaled. Since his reinvention ten years ago in Scorsese‘s bloated epic, Gangs of New York, DiCaprio has worked with Scorsese on three additional films, in addition to Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood, Christopher Nolan, Edward Zwick, and Steven Spielberg - all essentially world-class, A-list filmmakers by anybody’s definition. This year, DiCaprio takes on one of his greatest challenges yet, portraying the villainous role of Calvin Candie in grindhouse master Quentin Tarantino’s latest opus, Django Unchained, which is coincidentally Filmophilia’s Chosen Film #1.

So, as the world gets ready for another memorable Tarantino genre exercise, and prepares to encounter DiCaprio’s seething, sure to be memorable Candie, let us entertain ourselves by traveling into the past and looking upon the career of this A-list dreamboat. This is Top Five: Leonardo DiCaprio.

5. This Boy’s LifeTobias Wolff (1993)

Years before DiCaprio would take over the role of Martin Scorsese’s favorite boy-toy from Robert De Niro, the two actors appeared in Michael Caton Jone’s This Boy’s Life. In his first major role DiCaprio faced the significant hurdle of standing next to De Niro, who at the time still seemed capable of delivering performance of some nuance and grace. For most actors the first impulse would be to try to go big, to match the intensity of their legendary co-star. However, DiCaprio, even at a young age, showed marvelous restraint, and delivered a performance that often was more implosive and thus far more interesting.

4. Inception – Cobb (2010)

As one of the most sought after actors of his generation it was inevitable that the talents of DiCaprio would be harnessed by Christopher Nolan, who had certainly reached A-list status after the release of small film called The Dark Knight (or Rory’s First Kiss to some). However, little did anyone know how successful the pairing would be. As Cobb, DiCaprio carried the entire film on his shoulders, helping to guide viewers into Nolan’s incredibly un-Surrealistic dream world, and providing probably the most emotional performance (barring Pearce in Memento) contained in Nolan’s predominantly cold and calculated cinematic universe.

3. Blood Diamond – Danny Archer (2006)

A remarkable performance by anyone’s definition, DiCaprio’s Danny Archer is even more special for appearing in the same year as his wildly different performance as Billy Costigan in Scorsese’s The Departed. Now, on paper Danny Archer isn’t really anything all that revelatory, as the whole “morally ambiguous mercenary” character has been done to death. What makes this character distinctive and memorable is primarily his physicality (DiCaprio really pulls off the accent and the persona of hardened, self-absorbed gun) and the intensity behind DiCaprio’s relationship with Djimon Hounsou’s Solomon.

2. The Aviator – Howard Hughes (2004)

At first glance ol’ baby face DiCaprio seemed like an ill fit to play the titular airman, filmmaker, businessman and philanthropist. I mean, until recently, the man looked barely a day older than when he first sauntered on to “the ship of dreams” all those years ago. However, DiCaprio’s full investment in creating an authentic emotional life for this particular incarnation of Hughes creates a hugely successful performance. We believe in this man’s boundless ambition, and simultaneously his debilitating illness.

1. Catch Me if You Can – Frank Abagnale Jr. (2002)

As one of those great meta roles, where Leo is acting the part of a perpetual actor, Frank Abagnale Jr. represents Leo’s greatest performance. Beautifully meshing comedic moments with heavy-duty drama, DiCaprio performance slides effortlessly through the wide spectrum of parts that Abagnale Jr. embodied throughout his life of criminality. This is probably one of Leo’s most entertaining roles, and one where uncertainty about his youthful physical appearance did not seem to mar the way viewers interpreted the performance (as it did in The Aviator and Gangs of New York). Catch Me if You Can served as the true introduction to the adult stage of Leo’s career, and showcased an extraordinarily malleable actor with an inimitable gift.

http://www.filmophilia.com/2012/12/01/top-five-leonardo-dicaprio/

is nice to read this!

Leonardo DiCaprio in 'Django Unchained'

Eye on the Oscars: The Actor - Supporting Actor Contender

By Kate Hahn sup-Django.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio has brought many complicated heroes to life on screen but he never played a bad-ass villain. Until now.

In his first film with director Quentin Tarantino, "Django Unchained," set two years before the Civil War, he is plantation owner Calvin Candie, who presides over "Candyland" where slaves are forced to fight for sport.

"Quentin has this great tradition of villains in his films and Calvin Candie is one of the most vibrant he's ever created," says producer Stacey Sher. "Leonardo didn't shy away from playing all of the different facets of a truly horrible human being."

The actor and director had admired each other's work for years and excitedly put their heads together to build the character.

"They collaborated on different aspects of Calvin to round him out as a character," Sher says.

While looking for historical sources to help illuminate what might have motivated his character, DiCaprio found a book on phrenology, a racist pseudo-science of the era, and gave it to Tarantino, who incorporated it into the text.

"Their collaboration raised the stakes and made for an exciting atmosphere on set," Sher says.

One scene in particular stands out.

"Leo had slammed his hand on the table countless times and he moved his hand further and he crushed a crystal cordial glass," Sher says. "Blood was dripping down his hand. He never broke character. He kept going. He was in such a zone. It was very intense. He required stitches."

That take is the one used in the final cut. It drew a standing ovation from the cast and the crew

"Not because he cut himself," Sher says. "Because in that scene he had pages and pages of monologue. His performance was masterful. His level of commitment is extraordinary."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118062924?refcatid=13

Young Gatsby star talks about playing Leo as a boy and working with him

For Callan McAuliffe, who portrays the young Gatsby in the upcoming film The Great Gatsby, the experience had more to do with make-up and props.

“We did a lot of work with the blue contact lenses and the blonde hair and darkening the eyebrows and flattening the bridge of the nose,” the 17-year-old told Celebuzz Thursday.

“But I don’t think I look anything like him.”

McAuliffe was one of several celebrities on hand for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and InStyle’s Miss Golden Globe 2013 announcement, held at Cecconi’s in West Hollywood, Calif.

The young Australian actor also dished on what it was like to work with DiCaprio, who plays the lead character in Baz Luhrman’s film adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic.

“He’s such a really calm and collected guy. He just sits there and just listens to everything . . . that’s something I really admire about him, how much he thinks before he says things,” McAuliffe said.

“He’s fantastic.”