Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

However, I realize the film is a GROUP effort and the more actors putting up great performances the better the film will be as a whole. Moreso, with several actors getting buzz then it creates more buzz for the film itself.. for the box office and Best Film Oscar category etc. So, in that way, it's a positive thing Waltz is getting heavily praised and yes we should be thankful that it doesn't look like the two actors will be directly competing against eachother! It could have been worse (Y)

That's the spirit!

Fash

Agree with your comments below , besides in the Oscar game everything can change in a New York minute , do we not all remember George holding court at GG only to be an also ran at Oscars ????

For me I can't be wasting my energy concentrating on award season, I need all my energy to find us some new pix !!!!!

Paps and people of the street : We need new pix !!!!!! :ridinghorse: :ridinghorse: :ridinghorse:

However, I realize the film is a GROUP effort and the more actors putting up great performances the better the film will be as a whole. Moreso, with several actors getting buzz then it creates more buzz for the film itself.. for the box office and Best Film Oscar category etc. So, in that way, it's a positive thing Waltz is getting heavily praised and yes we should be thankful that it doesn't look like the two actors will be directly competing against eachother! It could have been worse (Y)

Oh my gosh I had no idea that Leo was invovled in this ; how great !!!!

Excerpt from USA Today/Spielberg interview

There was a dark time when Steven Spielberg's dream of making the historical epic Lincoln had all but dissolved. In 2003, Daniel Day-Lewis turned down his offer to play the 16th president, so in Spielberg's mind, the project was dead.

Then came a little life-breathing magic from a mutual friend.

"Leo DiCaprio was at my house for dinner one night," Spielberg says. "It was just myself, my wife (Kate Capshaw) and Leo. And he says, 'Hey, what's going on with your Lincoln project? I told him the sad story. I had one shot at Daniel and he had declined. And that was that. Leo just listened. And then the next morning he called me at my office. He said, here's Daniel's cellphone number, he's expecting your call."

"Leo has never told me to this day what he said to Daniel," says Spielberg, flashing a satisfied smile. "But that began this wonderful journey."

^Neato! Cool leo was involved in getting that setup :p :D Thanks OX!

IDk if this Malibu home news has been posted, or if E news is just rehashing the old news of leo seeling his malibu home, but what the heck :D Describes the home, price etc. ;)

http://www.eonline.com/news/361485/leonardo-dicaprio-selling-malibu-home-for-23-million-take-a-look-inside

Thank you Oxford for Spielberg's comments about leo helping getting Day Lewis onboard 'Lincoln.' That is truely awesome, as it shows how much influence leo has! Also, that was sweet of Steven to show his appreciation publically, because he didnt' have to :heart:

Also, yes those two haven't worked together since CMIYC, but yet we still see they get along fine. Last year they had that yacht outing, we just read that they had dinner together and most likely there are countless other get togethers that we don't hear of. (comments are in reference to that bogus story we read last week)

Thanks Kat for the Malibu house article. :)

oh girls, thanks a lot to clarify the situation about Leo and Waltz, ah I became sad when I read the headline and forget the rest. I feel better now, thanks a lot ox and rillio.

ox: thanks for the articles, how nice of Leo to help Spielberg on the Lincoln project.

sick: thanks for the article, I'am glad most people have good sense because compare Robert to Leo is a joke. Loved the comments.

kat: thanks for the article about the Malibu house sell.

Comments from a source who saw Django

According to a non-vested source who's seen the film, he really is a wicked delight and even a bit controversial.

"Leo is BIG," the source tells me. "But in this context and this world, it works really well and his boyishness acts as a good mask for the underlying evil inherent in the character. He's ticky and actory, but in a way that I wasn't used to seeing him. And the movie is pretty controversial and offensive (there's a couple scenes involving him that are pretty hard to watch), so there's the whole 'brave' factor involved. Which, I guess, could work against him as well."

http://www.hitfix.co...jango-unchained

Thanks everyone for the updates

Some more tweets from Kris Tapley , of HitFlix , as to what he heard from someone who attended screening

Kristopher Tapley@kristapley

I heard Leo's the shit

Christoph Waltz going for lead in Django. A few had asked if he would. Seems so. I hear DiCaprio is the one, though

Calibi

Tks for more Django screening feedback :)

Love the still with Jackson; he looks so deliciously wicked :p

The Weinstein company has released a poster that shows an ad for Calvin Candie's Cleopatra Club

djangoposter.jpg

Barbie

To me the person is saying that some of Leo's performance is a showy/chewing the scenery/ at times over the top one, much to me like DDL's Bill the Butcher or Christopher Waltz's Hans Landa ; but it works :)

The Weinstein company has released a poster that shows an ad for Calvin Candie's Cleopatra Club

djangoposter.jpg

Barbie

To me the person is saying that some of Leo's performance is showy/chewing the scenery/ at times over the top one, much to me like DDL's Bill the Butcher or Christopher Waltz's Hans Landa ; but it works :)

Ah, got it, thanks. :flower: