Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

since Waltz has the Oscar, maybe it's Leo time,we'll never know! :cain:

kinda awkward moment :/ from tumblr

alle-basi

i buy this t-shirt right, and it has the boys from the basketball diaries on there. i’m in love with it. anyway, so i wore it to camp and people were asking me if it was one direction… i don’t know if people know this but leonardo dicaprio is not a member of one direction. AND THE WORST PART, no one had seen the basketball diaries, not one person in my year level.

The 10 worst hairstyles of all time

5. Curtains

post-42076-0-1446084309-82807_thumb.jpg

This style haunted the 90s, spreading across the heads of teenagers, footballers and actors with alarming alacrity. Look at any of the boy bands from the period and you can almost guarantee at least one will have curtains. It is one of those fashion trends that is ultimately just going to be very embarrassing when you look back at photos of the time.

http://www.maketheli...es-of-all-time/

no idea,why this person thinks Leo's haircut was that horrible! in fact I've always liked it and still do :nicole:

I wonder why this article don't surprise me? Gosh, it's never Leo's time, I'm tired of this. <_< Nothing against Waltz and he's a great actor but ahh makes me upset for Leo. :/

Exclusive: Badass Christoph Waltz leaps up to lead Oscar race in 'Django Unchained'

the link: http://www.goldderby...s-41738295.html

The article says that Waltz is going to compete in the leading race not supporting race so I think Leo still has a great chance in the supporting race this year,who knows?

guess,we`ll have to wait & see what uncle Harvey will do. :nicole:

The 10 worst hairstyles of all time

5. Curtains

post-42076-0-1446084310-87618_thumb.jpg

no idea,why this person thinks Leo's haircut was that horrible! in fact I've always liked it and still do :nicole:

tbh.. I ONLY liked that haircut in Leo.. and in Devon Sawa :rofl: You still remember him right??? :nicole:

to be honest, no idea who that Devon is :rofl: yeah, agree I also like that haircut only on Leo... and on Nick Carter,when I was little, I though their haircut was the same but now I know it wasn't... Nick's mushroom haircut was really horrible!!! :nicole:

to be honest, no idea who that Devon is :rofl: yeah, agree I also like that haircut only on Leo... and on Nick Carter,when I was little, I though their haircut was the same but now I know it wasn't... Nick's mushroom haircut was really horrible!!! :nicole:

You don't know who Devon Sawa is??? Casper??? Geez! I'm that old??? :notsure: Okay :nicole:

agree with you, osa! also remember Romeo and his killing hairstyle :woot:

I like his hair in Basketball Diaries too, it's shorter but cute and Marvin's Room haircut is one of my fav,it's too long and suits him as hell :nicole:

also like his hair in early 00's when he used headbands a lot and wore his hair up,aww cutie :wub:

As was mentioned before this week was the American Film Markets where studios seek foreign investors to handle cost of releasing films oversesas

Universal snags UK and sel

ect territories for Wolf

8 November, 2012 | By Jeremy Kay

Red Granite International has closed a key negotiation, licensing the Martin Scorsese-Leonardo DiCaprio reunion on The Wolf Of Wall Street to Universal Pictures International (UPI) for the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain and Scandinavia.

UPI has also taken Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain and Scandinavia from Red Granite International to the supernatural fantasy Horns and acquired Spain and Scandinavia for the crime thriller Motel.

Executive vp of worldwide acquisitions Peter Kujawski negotiated the deals with Red Granite International’s Danny Dimbort and Christian Mercuri on behalf of the producers. Paramount holds North American rights to Wolf as previously announced.

Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland’s Red Granite owns the rights to and is fully financing The Wolf Of Wall Street, based on Jordan Belfort’s bestselling memoir about his tumultuous rise and fall and excessive lifestyle. Terence Winter adapted the screenplay.

Red Granite is producing with DiCaprio’s Appian Way, Scorsese’s Sikelia Productions and EMJAG Productions. Aziz and McFarland, DiCaprio and Scorsese are the individual producers and Alexandra Milchan serves an executive producer. The Wolf Of Wall Street is currently shooting in Los Angeles and also stars Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Matthew McConaughey and Rob Reiner, among others.

Barbie

Tks for Goldderby article :)

Personally, from having read the script, and what we see in the trailers, I'm not surprised that others feel Waltz deserves to be in lead actor category rather than supporting.

However, lets us all remember that many of last year 's early Oscar predictions went up in smoke by the time the actual nods were announced in Jan.

And as anyone who follows the Oscar blogs knows the BA field is already considered overcrowded before this new buzz about Waltz being promoted to lead competition appeared.

Also, let us not forget that Leo was buzzed, that Leo rc'd all the needed 3 precursors nominations prior to Oscar ( BFCA,GG, SAG) , yet, still his name was not called Oscar nod morning.

To me this new buzz simply means that someone attended the screening , felt Waltz's performance wsa strong , and considering how much screen time Waltz actually has , it belongs more in lead actor category than supporting. That Jamie may be Django , and it may be his story ( think Leo/Amsterdam/Gangs of New York ) ,but that doesn't mean he is the sole lead in the film, that Chris is as much a lead as DDL was opposite Leo in Gangs.

This change to me is connected to this tweet

The Dude says:

I know someone who saw a screening of Django on the Sony lot last night and he wouldn't tell me specifics but said, "The day this screens, there are going to be some serious changes to the current Oscar predictions". Take it with a grain of salt, but it certainly was intriguing.Reply

Posted on November 6, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Yet, I see no one is making mention of this tweet that ,also, appeared with Leo referenced at end and no mention of Waltz

Nah, but someone else who said it was mindblowing said #DiCaprioOscar

So , I can only speak for myself, but I'll wait to the Django is released in December, see what the buzz is then, before I get wrapped up in any award talk for Leo :)

here we go again... :/ it's from 2009 but...

Robert Pattinson the Next Leonardo DiCaprio?

post-42076-0-1446084312-15434_thumb.png

The Twilight Examiner put up this interesting article. I found it intersting…. because I love Leo. I absolutely ADORED him in Romeo and Juliet, even before Titanic! But I was never obsessed with him like I am Rob!

Bright flashes greeted him at every turn. His face was the centerpiece of every magazine, and his name was a-tip every tongue in the free world. In 1997, Leonardo DiCaprio made his big break with Titanic, and the world would not forget his name.

At twenty-three years old, DiCaprio had already earned one Academy Award nomination for his work with Johnny Depp and Juliette Lewis in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? and had stunned his fair share of audiences with his brilliant portrayal of Jim Carroll in The Basketball Diaries. Some were hard-pressed to forget his name after his newcomer addition to the cast of Growing Pains back in 1991. His work in Romeo + Juliet would capture the hearts of many, and his work with Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, and Russell Crowe in The Quick And The Dead allowed DiCaprio to pass muster with film aficionados the world over. Yet, nothing could prepare DiCaprio for the spotlight that would shine on him after his work as Jack Dawson in the unforgettable and mega-blockbuster hit film Titanic. Opposite the beautiful Kate Winslet, and led by the wise hand of James Cameron, DiCaprio’s work was a sure thing for his success.

Ever since, Leonardo DiCaprio has become the stuff of legends. Earning another two Oscar nominations for his parts in Blood Diamond and The Aviator, DiCaprio fast became a favorite of Oscar-winning director Martin Scorsese (who he worked with in The Departed, The Aviator, and Gangs of New York). DiCaprio’s mere presence in a film draws in global audiences. With remarkable films such as Catch Me If You Can in his post-Titanic resume, DiCaprio has been no stranger to hard work and success.

Over a decade ago, though, the road looked murky for this young actor. With his incredible (Titanic, if you will) breakthrough came much subversive speculation about DiCaprio’s personal life. Between the constancy of tabloid agenda, the over-exposure of his very face, and the virtual impossibility of privacy in the thick of it all, DiCaprio stood a chance of falling and never pulling himself back up.

Yet, DiCaprio was able to do so, and now, in 2009, he’s never carried a firmer chin.

Twilight star Robert Pattinson’s recent escalation of fame has certainly endured similar trials. Aspersions cast at him from all angles, Pattinson presently suffers the consequences of being thrust into the limelight. He is unable to walk, talk, eat, or, frankly, breathe without attracting the attention of on-lookers of every demographic.

Also twenty-three and also responsible for the portrayal of many admirable roles, Robert Pattinson has a similar history as DiCaprio. Before Twilight, Pattinson starred in Ring of the Nibelungs, The Haunted Airman, The Bad Mother’s Handbook, and The Summer House. Through these depictions, Pattinson certainly developed a loyal (albeit much smaller) fan-base. Yet, when Pattinson won the part of Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire, his name became evermore recognizable. Still manageable, Pattinson’s star-power was definitely on the rise (much like DiCaprio’s was as a result of work on What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? and Romeo + Juliet).

After Harry Potter, Pattinson starred in two further independent films, effectively showcasing his diverse capacity – How To Be and Little Ashes. Though these projects were completed before Twilight’s release, they would not be released for popular viewing until much later (this spring, in fact).

Meanwhile, his involvement with Summit Entertainment was a-brew. Flying into the United States to audition for the near-impossible position of Edward Cullen in Twilight, Pattinson met with Catherine Hardwicke and Kristen Stewart to try out for the part with the expectation that it might not be his. In fact, Twilight series author Stephenie Meyer was noted to say that Pattinson was not precisely what she had in mind when developing the character in her stories. Fans retained a similar reservation, until things progressed.

Now, Pattinson’s portrayal of Edward Cullen is questioned by near to no one. His performance clenched wildly to the fluttering hearts of Twilight fans and society generally without pause.

Much like DiCaprio captivated the hearts and minds of the masses with Jack Dawson, Robert Pattinson has drawn wide audiences and, to put it mildly, fans the world over.

Once his films How To Be and Little Ashes were released, the fan-dom of Pattinson was marked completely evident with their successes in the wider marketplace.

Invited to present at the Academy Awards, being auctioned off at the amfAR event at Cannes, and becoming affiliated with film project after film project, Pattinson’s number has certainly risen.

Already finished with his work on The Twilight Saga: New Moon (and filming his next Summit Entertainment project Remember Me (alongside giants like Pierce Brosnan and Chris Cooper)), Pattinson will also join sides with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz in Unbound Captives and bring to life Guy de Maupassant novel Bel Ami as well.

The downside of Hollywood glory, though, has mightily come alongside his popularity, and speculation and dissension has accompanied his last year’s ride almost incessantly, and it doesn’t look to be ceding any time soon.

Yet, Robert Pattinson keeps a steady grin and a proud face. Some fans even state that Pattinson’s most endearing feature is his ability to remain focused, serene, and sincere amidst the constant chaos that surrounds him. Others fear that Pattinson’s bravery and tolerance, however, will fade and he will become disillusioned and alienated with the game in its entirety.

The same fears existed a decade ago with Titanic star Leonardo DiCaprio, who forced himself through the throngs of on-lookers and rarely escaped the media spotlight for more than a day or two at a time. If true, DiCaprio might serve as a proper example of Pattinson’s future in the entertainment business.

With promise, talent, and good looks to boot, Pattinson might find himself, a decade from now, looking over his shoulder at rampant photographs of the next decade’s victim and let out that youthful, knowing grin as he makes his way to his next stellar and critically-acclaimed film, in peace.

http://robertpattinsonwho.com/?p=3427

these comments are worth to read!!!

Pippa says:

June 11, 2009 at 6:20 am

Excellent article! I had forgotton how good looking Leo was when Titanic came out and oh…those eyes!. I never realised how similar the paths of these two actors have been and are. I have most of Leo’s films and loved Romeo and Juliet. It’s true he started to lose focus after Titanic, but didn’t. Some of his latest films, Blood Diamond, The Departed and The Gangs of New York, great ! One of his ‘different’ films that I liked was The Beach, a great performance there! As has been mentioned by Robo, that the frenzy today is huge compared to 10 years ago, Rob is under immense pressure and this will probably not cease until the Twilight Saga films have been completed. He can only get more handsome as the years go by and increase on his already awesome talents. i am a fan of both guys, like Leo a lot and love Rob.

Matt says:

July 15, 2009 at 2:35 pm

okay, this is just wrong…. yes there both similar in ways of the teen-heartthrob status, but come on i’m a guy and remember 1998, Leo was much bigger than Rob is now. Leo in Japan caused near riots not to mention what his fame was like in the US, Leo was deffinatly more worldwide also as Titanic hit the top of the all time box-office gross in 19 different countrys, alot becuase of floods of girs going to see it, right now Titanic stands at 1.8 billion, Twilight will never reach that kind of gross or popularity…. especially in the amount of countrys Titanic achieved.

JeSsIcA says:

August 30, 2009 at 8:30 am

fyck outta here how is robert pattinson the next leonardo dicaprio cause leo loooks fycken better than rob and rob dont have blond hair and s0ome sexyy ass blue eyes and some sexyy ass fycken lips like leonardo dicaprio. leo looks more fycken better than rob i dont know what girls see in rob but leo is more better………

Courtney says:

September 22, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Woah, woah, whoaaa there. Wtf?

No way in hell is Robert Pattinson the “new Leo”.

Rob cannot even begin to compare to Leonardo. Rob is in no way as attractive as Leo. And don’t even get me started on his “acting”. Leo is charming, funny, adorable, fit, talented, and overall amazing. Leo has had the most diverse acting career in history. He’s played basically every damn role there is, starting from age 14. Rob’s done the same one in all 5 of his fucking movies. I admit, you are all entitled to your own opinion, but there is no comparison. Rob will never be “the new Leo”, no matter how many ten-year-old fangirls he gets.

Excuse me, but this article makes me sick.

s.m.m says:

November 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm

what r u saying?? No way Leo is much much much better Leo is very talented since his childhood Leo is only 36 and have 3 oscar nominees and i’m sure he will be nominated this year again! Leo was nominated to oscar at 19 this Robert hasn’t done anything in 23 years old! LEO is amazing not only for titanic. He acted with great actors and actresses like robert de niro johnny depp jack nickolson daniel day-lewis matt damon meryl streep sharon stone…..

Rob will NEVER EVER be the next Leo. Because Leo is EXCEPTIONAL!!!

Cookkiiiieeeezzzzzzz says:

July 16, 2011 at 8:16 am

I absolutely agree with those last few comments!!! How could ANYONE friggin’ try to compare that stupid vamp with LEO?!?? i mean srsly, i dun think any of u vampfans even watched any of his movies!! He’s one of the best male actors that ever appeared on the surface of earth!!! M

The goldderby article, as oxford and others said, is about the lead actor race, not the supporting one where Leo is expected to compete. So, if anything, this is good news for Leo as there will be less competition in his category. Just thought it needed to be cleared up, because I saw sad emoticons accompanying several posters' comments :)

And thank you for all the recent news stories and photos.

The goldderby article, as oxford and others said, is about the lead actor race, not the supporting one where Leo is expected to compete. So, if anything, this is good news for Leo as there will be less competition in his category. Just thought it needed to be cleared up, because I saw sad emoticons accompanying several posters' comments :)

Yes... You know, I was reading in the spanish forum that probably the idea of ​​promoting Waltz in the lead actor category was for give more chances to Leo to be nominated. :yes:

I believe this and also I see Harvey Weinstein's hands in this :shifty:

Hi Rillio :wave:

Yes I knew Waltz was buzzed for lead :p Yet I was still a bit disapointed because selfish me wanted Leo getting most of the shine for the film, that even though he is supporting he still steals the show from the others lol :ninja: . However, I realize the film is a GROUP effort and the more actors putting up great performances the better the film will be as a whole. Moreso, with several actors getting buzz then it creates more buzz for the film itself.. for the box office and Best Film Oscar category etc. So, in that way, it's a positive thing Waltz is getting heavily praised and yes we should be thankful that it doesn't look like the two actors will be directly competing against eachother! It could have been worse (Y)

I believe this and also I see Harvey Weinstein's hands in this

Weinsten better pull the hardest for Leo in the supporting actor category! :p