Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From the NY post

Dancing off Sandy's wrath

While thousands in New York and New Jersey struggled in the devastating aftermath of Sandy, some celebs couldn’t stop the party.

Giuseppe Cipriani and son Ignazio threw a lavish bash at Cipriani 42nd Street on Wednesday night, as Halloween was canceled across the region and downtown Manhattan remained cloaked in darkness.

Stars including Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Dita Von Teese, Jay-Z and Beyoncé joined the bash, which Cipriani reps say went on until well after 5 a.m. and was not for charity.

One guest told us, “The Ciprianis put a lot of effort into the party, bringing in DJs who play Ibiza, including Marco Carola, by private jet, as well as guests from Europe who frequent Cipriani venues. It was one of the best mix of celebrities, great decor and music I have ever witnessed at a party. Dancing went on until 6 a.m.”

One source tells us Crowe stayed low-key, while DiCaprio tried — but failed — to make a subtle entrance in a mask with a gaggle of 15 models. Jonah Hill flirted with model Le Call. Also there were Oren Alexander, Baron Davis and Timbaland. Crowe was so impressed with the scene, he tweeted, “Leo, jay Z, Beyonce, Jonah, Dita, what a room, Cipriani 42nd St, amazing space, explodes on Halloween.”

Another source said Jay and B arrived unexpectedly and stayed for 20 minutes. They were also spotted at Midtown club Lavo on Wednesday night. Sources tell Page Six they evacuated from their TriBeCa penthouse after losing power and moved uptown, where they have a second apartment. The A-list couple were also seen relaxing at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.

Another guest said, “Without power, many escaped uptown, and rather than staying on a friend’s couch or in their hotel room, they went out. People at the party were just happy to be around others.”

While we heard some guests paid $10,000 a table, and the bash was awash with all-you-can- drink champagne, a party rep claimed tickets were $200 each and said the party wasn’t canceled since many guests had flown in from Europe, adding, “It was all about the music.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/dancing_off_sandy_wrath_20N3SAG4BnG7twTBS5uzpI

I wonder if this is new footage or just trailer #2:

Adam Graham ?@grahamorama

@johnserba If u see Man w/ Iron Fists, be warned there's a Django somethingoranother attached

Chief Kreep ?@ItsElmosWorld

Iron Fists has a special Django preview!! Tarantino is da man

Matt Gaines ?@MattyTheKid856

An exclusive sneak peak from Quentin Tarentino about Django Unchained before The Man with the Iron Fists?!?! YUP, i've gotta go see it meow.

From IMDB:

post.gif by archer6749 2 hours ago (Thu Nov 1 2012 21:20:54) I was listening to the TV while doing some work and I heard a commercial for "The Man with the Iron Fist" say something about a special Django Unchained preview with Quentin that you can watch when you go see "The Man with the Iron Fist". Does anyone else know about this?

Thanks for the news everyone :flower:

Poor girl, so close to a kiss :p

:(

Deep disappointment as Antarctic plans reach a deadlock

SYDNEY: Major nations failed to reach agreement yesterday to set up huge marine protected areas off Antarctica under a plan to step up conservation of creatures such as whales and penguins around the frozen continent.

The 25-member Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) agreed, however, to hold a special session in Germany in July next year to try to break the deadlock after the October 8 to November 1 meeting in Hobart, Australia.

Environmentalists criticised the failure to agree on new marine protected areas in the Ross Sea and off East Antarctica, home to penguins, seals, whales and seabirds as well as valuable stocks of shrimp-like krill.

“We’re deeply disappointed,” Steve Campbell of the Antarctic Ocean Alliance, grouping conservation organisations, said at the end of the CCAMLR annual meeting. He said most resistance had come from Ukraine, Russia and China.

Environmentalists said the US, the EU, Australia and New Zealand were among countries pushing for agreement on new protected zones.

The CCAMLR comprises 24 member states and the EU.

“This year, the CCAMLR has behaved like a fisheries organisation instead of an organisation dedicated to conservation of Antarctic waters,” said Farah Obaidullah of Greenpeace.

Among proposals, a US-New Zealand plan would have created a 1.6 million km2 protected area in the Ross Sea – about the size of Iran.

And the EU, Australia and France proposed a series of reserves totalling 1.9 million km2 off East Antarctica – bigger than Alaska.

Last week, Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio launched a petition to protect the seas around Antarctica with campaigning group Avaaz, saying “the whales and penguins can’t speak for themselves, so it’s up to us to defend them”.

Governments in 2010 set a goal of extending protected areas to 10 percent of the world’s oceans to safeguard marine life from over-fishing and other threats such as pollution and climate change. By 2010, the total was 4 percent.

The CCAMLR said members had identified several regions of the Southern Ocean that warrant high levels of protection. “These important areas can provide a reference for scientific research on the impacts of activities such as fishing, as well as significant opportunities for monitoring the impacts of climate change in the Southern Ocean,” it said. – Reuters

Seems like Baz's plan worked :hehe:

Home-grown talent attracts Hollywood backing

BOOSTED by The Great Gatsby and I, Frankenstein, the value of Australian film and TV drama production jumped 25 per cent last financial year.

Drama production rose from $497 million in the previous financial year to $623 million, including 28 films worth $296 million. While a healthy output, it was below the record of $739 million in 2009-10.According to Screen Australia's annual drama report, a sharp decline in foreign production was more than matched by an increase in big-budget films shot by Australian directors with Hollywood backing.

On the basis they were driven by local creative teams, the report counts as Australian Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, shot in and around Sydney starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan, and Stuart Beattie's I, Frankenstein, shot in Melbourne with Yvonne Strahovski, Aaron Eckhart and Bill Nighy.

Other smaller-scale films produced during the year included The Sapphires, Kath & Kimderella, Mental and the British co-production The Railway Man, starring Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth.

''It's been a strong year for feature production with a bigger slate overall, boosted by high-budget Australian titles,'' the chief executive of Screen Australia, Ruth Harley, said. She described the health of the sector as ''pretty robust''.

Luhrmann praised the country's producer offset, a 40 per cent tax rebate, for allowing him to shoot a movie here that was set in 1920s New York: ''To work with Australia's skilled film technicians and facilities and to bring large-scale projects like The Great Gatsby to Australia, we can't have our head in the sand about the fact that the country is a long way away.''

While the quality of recent Australian adult TV drama has been impressive, spending fell 13 per cent to $279 million. As hours also dipped, by 6 per cent, there was a shift from series and serials towards mini-series and telemovies.

The report counts House Husbands, Offspring and Puberty Blues as mini-series alongsideHowzat! Kerry Packer's War, Underbelly: Badness and the coming British co-production Mrs Biggs - The Untold Story behind the Great Train Robbery.

There has also been a mini boom in telemovies - from five to 10 - including Underground: The Julian Assange Story, Beaconsfield and the Jack Irish films.

While Australia has often been a popular location for foreign movies, the high value of the dollar meant that only three started shooting last financial year.

And instead of huge Hollywood movies, they were lower-budget productions from Japan (Hayabusa, the Long Journey Home), India (From Sydney with Love) and Nepal (Destination Kathmandu).

But incentives brought Hollywood studios to Australia for post-production and digital effects work worth $38 million on such big movies as The Avengers, Ted,Prometheus, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and The Hunger Games.

NSW remained the dominant state for drama with production worth $315 million compared with $212 million in Victoria, $65 million in Queensland and $16 million in South Australia.

Hi girls! I want to make a birthday Leo fan clip. I need the help of all who read this message. You need to write or type the words of greetings on a sheet, in the corner to write your country and made photos of yourselves with this sheet. Photos must be horizontal, good quality. Please send your photos to my email [email protected]. I'll put out a fan video. You can make a video congratulations.

I hope you understand me)))

Thank in advance to all!

Words and examples.

1. 11.11.2012

2. Happy Birthday

3. Leonardo DiCaprio (or Leo)

4. Wishing you

5. happiness

6. health

7. wealth

8. good luck

9. success

10. in everything

11. you do

12. You are

13. very

14. amazing

15. clever

16. talented

17. Keep being as you are!

18. May all

19. your dreams

20. come true!

21. I love you.

NslDA-IKjEU.jpg

ByPrincess

Tks for NY Post article ; glad to see that Russell's eyes weren't playing tricks on him, and as he stated in his 2:00 am tweet yesterday that he was indeed with Leo , Jonah, JayZ , Beyonce at great party on Halloween night at Cipriana :p

Considering that Leo has been to all the exclusive clubs in Ibiza , he probably knew of the well known DJ they had flown in for event.

Calibi

Tks for all the Django /Iron Fist tweets :)

Hopefully someone who does see it can tell us if they had any new scenes.

Wijn

Tks for article about Antarctic deadlock, as well as, great news about effect of Gatsby on film production in Australia :)

Margaritka

Tks for information regarding your Leo birthday message :)

Hi girls! I want to make a birthday Leo fan clip. I need the help of all who read this message. You need to write or type the words of greetings on a sheet, in the corner to write your country and made photos of yourselves with this sheet. Photos must be horizontal, good quality. Please send your photos to my email [email protected]. I'll put out a fan video. You can make a video congratulations.

I hope you understand me)))

Thank in advance to all!

Words and examples.

1. 11.11.2012

2. Happy Birthday

3. Leonardo DiCaprio (or Leo)

4. Wishing you

5. happiness

6. health

7. wealth

8. good luck

9. success

10. in everything

11. you do

12. You are

13. very

14. amazing

15. clever

16. talented

17. Keep being as you are!

18. May all

19. your dreams

20. come true!

21. I love you.

post-39932-0-1446084257-81517_thumb.jpg

Aww, how cute.

Leonardo DiCaprio and his girlfriendErin Heatherton have called it quits, according to Us Weekly.

The 37-year-old Great Gatsby actor and the 23-year-old model are going their separate ways after about 10 months of dating.

“They split a few weeks ago,” a source close to the couple told the mag. “There’s no bad blood -– they still care about each other a lot.”

Leo and Erin

first stepped out togetherin December and were last spotted together on a trip to the beachin Malibu in August.

http://www.justjared...atherton-split/

:/ Pami

I had posted an article recently that stated that the Django pr swing would start around mid November, but that doesn't mean that we would see those print/video interviews at that time, rather they would start surfacing ,in newspapers/entertainment shows, closer to the Dec /Django release date.

However, if Leo did any big magazine interviews/covers we would see those with roll out of December magazines which would be mid to late November : )

Also if Wolf filming begins again, we can hope that we might get a pix or two from a pap or fan , are you listening Marty & paps ?? :p

Shirah

Tks for Us Magazine article :)

Considering that the US article would have gone to press last week prior to Hurricane Sandy , and the fact that Leo and Erin were spotted at same table this past Tuesday night , and the fact that Leo has a history of 'on and off again' relationships with both Gisele & Bar, I'll opt to just wait and see what happens next :p

Amandine

Tks for pix :)

I used to have the magazine article that 2nd picture came from , a nice 8X10 black and white glossy, but , unfortunately, I no longer

do :/