Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

OK, just can't not to write it, wherever I search Leo, always find posts like that: "Leonardo DiCaprio & Louis Tomlinson are lookalikes" "Louis looks so much like Leo".... am I the only one who thinks they've got nothing common in their look ??? :idk:

well have nothing against to One Direction and have to confess,these little guys are so cute :trout: but can't get why ppl compare these two :laugh:

but have to admit that was the first and only time when I found some similarities :laugh:

the Power of Eyebrows :laugh:

fab998ea4208.gif 78d6a86b5362.gif

Mom in hospital

"She ended up contracting fix of six major inesses and stayed for two-and-a-half, three years [in hospital]. My grandmother basically came every day and nursed her back to health because the nurses didn't have time; they basically left her for dead. When you see a picture of my mother, it's heartbreaking. It brings tears to my eyes, know that she's been thought in her life. I have a picture of her- her first photograph, with this tiny little skirt- and she's emaciated, with a belly like this,' he adds, gesturing to indicate the size of a beach ball. 'She had a belly full of worms.;

On his parents divorce:

'My parents were divoreced before I was even born, but that's never bothered me. As far as my family is concernerd, my parents were the rebellious ones - they're people who have done everything and have nothing to prove.

Little Leo was born on 11 November 1974 and was 'the cutest kid' anccording to grandmother Helene. 'Irmelin brought him to the airport in her arms. He had the roundedst little face.'

Leonardo's parents might still have been leving as man and wife at this stage but it was not to last. George felt stifled by domesticiy and before his son's first birthday, had made plans to leave.

Then a discription of the parents new partners etc. Turns out Adam is Leo's half brother, the son of his dad's new wife Peggy.

Bullies

It's hard to imaginze now but when Leo was 14, he was short and scrawny. And, although he acted tough, he was prone to being picked on by bigger kids. His most humiliating moment of school life, he revealed,was whe nhe got badly toughed up for refusing to treturn a thug kid's basketball. 'I woke up about ten minutes later, I had about 30 kids all around me, throwing spitballs and kicking me. I ried to run away but they'd tied my shoelaces together, so I took one step and fell flat on my face. I had to hop away while they were still kicking me.'

Cessi

During this time, the young Leo didn't have much luck with girls either.

His first crush was in the eight grade on a girl called Cecelia garcia, or 'Cessi' as Leo remembers her. He recounts a poignant tale of unrequited love.

'I went out with his girl named Cessi, this beautiful little Spanish girl. We had this beautiful relationship over the phone all summer - shew as away. We were so close, so bonded, we'd tell each other everything. Then she came home, and we went out to the moves for the first time, and oh, God! - I wanted it to be so perfect. So I put on my light blue turtlenechk, which I thought was cool at the time (it was a turtleneck I bought from Kmart of something). When I saw Cessi I was petrified and I coudln't even look her in the eye of speak to her. We saw When Hally met Sally... couldn't move, I couldn't look at her or anything. But the movie took me away. For two hours I was at peace because she was watchign the movie I didn't have this responsibility on me to be superboy. And then afterward, I remember eating French dip sandwhiches. She was really shy, Finally she said: " Do you have a problem with me eating this sandwhich?" I said "No, no, not at all" But I was really acting weird. And that was our last date. I was in loev with her for a year after that, but I couldn't go near her because I was so mortified"

--

Aww :wub:

New School

"Leo was virtually the only white guy in the class.

With his shock of blond hair, he stood out like a sore thumb. We called him 'shorty' - he was so scrawny."

"Once the teacher asked Leo to read aout a romantic speech from Romeo and Juliet. Everyone stopped an listened. By the end, all the girls were staring at him, doe-eyed - while the guys were annoyed that he was attrackting so much attention.

Each day, the school newsletteer would say: "See our very own Leo DiCaprio in so-and-so." I knew he was putting this adds in himself"

Jennifer Faus

A struggling actor he may be, but Leonardo quickly identigied the girl he wanted to be his leading lady: high school Homecoming Queen, Jennifer Faus.

Leo pulled out all the stops to charm Jennifer but, incredible as seems now, given what we know about the actor's prowess with the opposite sex, she blew his attempts to romance her out of the water.

The teenage Leo thought he'd won her over and ended his run of bad luck with girls when Jeniffer let him kiss her - only to be left heartbroken when he turned him down for a date because he was 'too bigheaded'.

"Leo and I had the biggest crush on each other' recalss Hennifer, who is now happily married and working in a Los Angeles store.

"People say I was so lucky to kiss the world's most beautiful man - and I could kick myself now for not saying yes to a date with him"

She met Leonardo when he started at high school. ' He was adorable. You just wanted to hug him because he was so little. He was so skinny and scrawny that I used to tease thime - and hold his hands behind his back."

"We used to drive this big old Musting - he was so shorty that all you could see was his little hands on the steering-wheel.

Once we left high school I started to see how cute he was. At first, we hid or feelings with play-fights - I was always boxing with him. I guess it was just an excuse to tought each other. We would hang out and talk a lot, but there was always a sexual tension. I could tell Leo was hiding his real feelings.

One of my best friends had dated him, so I asked her if she would mind if anything happened between us. When she said it was find, I was thrilled."

When the two had t o walk back from a friend's house in Hollywood, Leonardo made his move.

"He used to joke about how I should go out with him because one day he would be a celebrity. He was so talented I knew it was true, but I usually just laughed. That night, we both went silent. He looked at me - and kissed me. I have to say he was a very good kisser, even though he had dated only one other girl.

Je had just landed a part opposite Robert de Niro in his first movie role. Leo had always been a cocky kid and his big-headedness finally put me off. He offered to dive me home and asked me for a date. I was worried he was getting a bit too Hollywood so I told him I thought we ought to wait a while. You could see from his expressing that he expected me to say yes. Then he kind of gave me this lok, as if to say. 'Hey, I'm going to be famous, Do you know what you're missing?' But now, Leo has so many girls wanting to date him, I think it's good for him to have experienced a little rejection!"

Johnny Depp

The freedom afforded to all the leading actors helped create and atmosphere on set and Jonny and Leonardo developed a big brother-little brother relationship. Depp playfully teased his young co-star by getting him to sniff smelly food such as pickled eggs so that he could laugh at Leo's reaction. Eventually the demands to see Leo's facial expressions grew so ridiculous, the teenage began charging Depp 500 dolar a pop for the pleasure. In return, Leonardo used his experienced buddy to supplie him with cigarettes. Johnnhy: "Good fun. Hew as really a kid, you know, so he was like a pain in the ass. He was always 'Johnny give me a cigarette. My mom's not looking, give me a cigarette!' But he was a good kid"

Bridget Hall

The 5ft 10,5in Texan was the most desired cover girl during the New York Fashion Week in April 1995 and had clearly caught Leo's eye.

'We're just haning out' she muttered coyly of their relationship, although she blushed as she said it. Despite her picture being on the fron of all the leady glossy magazines, she revealed Leo didn't even recognise her when they first met because ' I don't look like my Guess pictures'

Total Eclipse Kiss

"I was sure our lips were clean and everything" He told People magazine. "I made sure I got a little disinfectant, and we both did that. It wasn't fun though"

Later he explained to Premiere: "I did clean of his lips, cause we were like eating food, but it didn't quite happen that way. Actually I got very naseous, as it was my first time kissing a guy. I was like slow motion, you know what I mean? I saw his lips coming towards mine, and I was like, Oh Jesus, is this really going to happen? Like enought talking about it: my lips are going to touch yours. It was weird, too because I guess men have more body heat or something, but girl's lips are cooler. His were like hot. Nasty. My stomach was really turning afther that.

The two actors then filmed what looked like a touchingly romantic scene but Leonardo reveals he was actually whisptering obscenities in Thewlis' ear.

"He's twirling me round in his arms and I'm going, 'This sucks, this is sick. I want to throw up all over you.' I think he was fine with it. He kept on saying that if you're scared of it, you're homophobic. Well, I'm sorry. Call me homophobic if you like, but I'm just grossed out by it."

Then, during a wrestling scene, Leo got some measure of revenge.

"We had like, six takes and I think every time I hit him in the balls with my knee. I didn't mean to, but poor guy, he was really in pain.

--

Have to say I don't really like his tone in this interview, but he was very young soo..

Interesting Juliet castings, I think

With Leo on board, a second workshop was arranged so Baz could test out actresses for the role of Juliet.

Initially Natalie Portman was considered ideal. Just 14, she has won plaudits for her debut in the classy thriller Leon , but when it came to filming scenes with DiCaprio - seven years her senior - 20th Century Fox felt it didn't look right.

Natalie summed up the studio's reaction: 'Fox said it looked like Leonardo DiCaprio was molesting me when we kissed,' she said

Another actress eager for the part was a certain Kate Winslet, She longed to play Juliet - 'but I knew I was too old' she said.

Liv Tyler and Leo's old friend Alicia Silverstone were considered, but when Luhrmann consulted DiCaprio, he was adamant it had to be Danes, then 16.

Thanks wijn for all the juicyness! ^Agreed in that one above, he sounds a little immature talking about the gay kiss, but he was young. Also the story from Jennifer Faus was interesting! Keep sharing!

Thanks girls for the tweets......but it makes more sense he was in NY considering ;)

Thanks everyone!

Kristen Zang

[...] But that's just what Leo did when he appeared in public eye for the first time with the ravshingly beautiful Kristen Zang on his arm.

"This is Kristen" the normally reserved Leo gushed to the media. "Isn't she gorgeous? We're very serious about each other."

The couple had met at a showbiz party when Leo was still virtually unknown. ALthough by that time he'd earned a reputation as someone who like dto hang around supermodels and enjoyed partying with his attracktive co-stars. There has been reports of a romance with model Bijou Philips, stepsister of the actress-singer Chynna Philips, after he'd wateched her sashaying down a catwalk in New York the year before, but it was a bit of a surprise when leggy model Zang accompanied him to the premiere.

Zang, on the other hand was used to dating superstars. At the age of 24, [my mind can't progress Kristen being 24 at that time and Erin being 23 now :rofl] Kristen had already admitted publicy how she's been left at rock bottom after a three-year romance with Nicolas Cage [what :o ] that ended just after their engagement; she has also dated INXS frontman Micheal Hutchence.

Strange asi t might have seemed for the teenage girls who were suddenly waking up to Leo's boyish good looks, Kristen was decidedly underwhelmed when first introduced to him.

"I thought Leonardo wastoo young for me. But when we started talking and the chemistery was there.By the end of the night, I was smitten."

--> story about meeting Irmelin, plans for moving to R+J set, and his manager thinking Kristen scared of teenage girls from Leo.

Elizabeth Berkley

Story had the reason for Leo not showing up at the Oscar was a black eye too. The story went that Leo - who's favorite trick into getting a girl's attention was to slip his phone-number into her bag - had come a cropper when Berkley's boyfriend Roger Wilson suspected she was flirting with the actor. Wilson had apperently tracked him down to a New York restaurant and got involved in a fistfight with the star's entourage. Leo's publicists insted his shiner was simply the result of a run-in with a door but did seem to confist a fight had indeed take place. Cindy Guagenti said: 'Leo was never involved in the fight. He stayed inside until it was all over'

Girls

Un-named friends were quoted in newspapers saying that Leo, who in many aspects had been a started when it came to woman, now had a new motto: 'So many girls, so little time.' An unsubstantaited story started circulation that after seeing a picture of the beautiful Amber Valletta in a magazine, he asked his people to fix up a date. And sightings of the couple walking the streets of New York suggested he'd got his wish. Pals seemed to be growing concened for the star: 'He needs to stelle down and find out what real love is all about. He will go after any good-looking girl, famour or not. He told one girl they'd joing the Mile High Club my making love in a plane, He hired an executive jet, served her champagne with gresh strawberries and ice cream, and they made love while looking at the stars.

More girls

Meanwhile, actress Nichole Becher now claimed to be the first gils to kiss Leo when they were teenage classmates. In what would soon become celebrity folkore, she said their noses bumped and tehy burst into giggles 'I was the first girl he had kissed and we were both trying too hard.'

At the turn of the year he had been linked to stunning 20-year old Vanessa Haydon - who was tipped to be the next supermodel - after they were appearently spotted in Central Park.

At the Paris show-after party of MITIM, Leonardo was said to have been openly flirting with Wonderbra model Eva Herzigova, despite that fact that she was married. And while he was in Havana and staying int he same hotal as supermodels Naomi Campbell and Kae MOss his friend Eric Donovan said: 'Leo was really interested in Naomi and said he had to have her.' Donovan claimed Leo and Naomi ended up in the hot tub together at the end of a party - 'It was hot and heavy between them and Leo wanted her badly but from what I understand she said no to a further relationship."

Elizabeth Berkley

Story had the reason for Leo not showing up at the Oscar was a black eye too. The story went that Leo - who's favorite trick into getting a girl's attention was to slip his phone-number into her bag - had come a cropper when Berkley's boyfriend Roger Wilson suspected she was flirting with the actor. Wilson had apperently tracked him down to a New York restaurant and got involved in a fistfight with the star's entourage. Leo's publicists insted his shiner was simply the result of a run-in with a door but did seem to confist a fight had indeed take place. Cindy Guagenti said: 'Leo was never involved in the fight. He stayed inside until it was all over'