Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leonardo DiCaprio: The New Face of Fisker Automotive

Fisker Automotive has made what looks to be a good move by getting actor Leonardo DiCaprio to become an equity investor and a brand ambassador for the Anaheim, Calif.-based startup that sells the $102,000 Karma plug-in hybrid.

Having a Hollywood star help burnish the corporate image couldn’t come at a better time. Fisker Automotive recently expanded a recall of more than 250 Karmas, due to incorrectly positioned hose clamps that could cause a coolant leak and potentially result in a fire if the leak spreads to the battery compartment.

“DiCaprio will work closely with marketing and promotional initiatives to bring attention to sustainability and environmental issues around the world,” Fisker Automotive said in a release. “In turn, Fisker will support the work of the Leonardo DiCaprio foundation.”

Fisker Automotive did not release details on exactly what role DiCaprio will play in the company’s marketing strategy. But the fact that the new partnership will focus on playing up sustainability efforts beyond just saving fuel by driving a Karma hybrid implies that DiCaprio’s role won’t just be that of a typical spokesman helping to sell more cars.

The company launched its first major advertising campaign in June with a multi-page spread in the Wall Street Journal that acknowledged the challenges it has faced as an innovator in the auto industry.

Fisker Automotive also announced that co-founder Barney Koehler is transitioning from head of operations to chief business development officer. He will pursue strategic alliances and partnerships to share Fisker Automotive technology and create manufacturing alliances. The change suggests that the company is looking to bolster its business by diversifying beyond production of the Karma and other hybrid cars it has in the pipeline.

In a May 28 release, Fisker Automotive said it had delivered 1,000 Karmas to customers globally since the luxury hybrid went on sale in December 2011. The company also said it had generated $100 million in revenue through April 30 and raised $174 million in private equity funding during that time period, bringing total funding to $1 billion since the company’s founding in 2007. It has 80 independent retail locations in the Canada, Europe and the U.S., and will be expanding to China and the Middle East.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=149300220&EditorialProduct=Entertainment

^^OMG this cast keepts getting better, and better!! Also don't know who said it, but it does appear this film will be perhaps a little comedic and light due to the fact that many funny men are now in the movie. I seriously can't wait for this!! Thanks Calibi :flower:

Oh really Kat...a little comedic?It sounds great!!

According to this shooting begins August 1st:

The Wolf of Wall Street • Drama

Appian Way Prods./Sikelia Prods./EMJAG Productions

9255 Sunset Blvd. Suite 615 West Hollywood, CA, 90069 -

310-300-1390,

Fax: 310-306-1388;

Shooting in New York

Start August 01, 2012

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Kyle Chandler, Jean Dujardin, Cristin Milioti, Jon Bernthal, Margot Robbie

Prd., Martin Scorsese, Alexandra Milchan, Joey Macfarland, Riza Aziz; Dir., Martin Scorsese; Scr., Terence Winter; U.S. distributor: Warner Bros.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/pre-production-listings

I never tire of reading stupid comments like this...sorry about the terrible english below...though it's not mine. :rofl:

"this is a "screen" as the others. THEY ARE ALL BLONDES AND THEY ALL CAME FROM THE SAME PLACE: VICTORIA SECRET ..... SORRY TO SAY THAT LEO IS GAY AND IT IS UNFORTUNATE AND PATHETIC THAT HIS MANAGER HIDE HIS SEXUAL CONDITION. BEING GAY IS NOT SHAMEFUL. WHAT IS SHAMEFUL IF Masking and displayed as something that is not ..... LEO IS GREAT ACTOR and will remain so ... EVEN GAY SEXUAL CONDITION DOES NOT MATTER. I AM A FRIEND OF MANY GAYS AND THEY ARE EXCELLENT PEOPLE. So I read .... LETS PRETEND YOU DO NOT SOS, HOPEFULLY ONE DAY YOU WILL BE MORE GENUINE WITH your fans "

Calibi

Tks for more Wolf casting news ; this is going to be one great cast :yes:

Also, tks, for start date for Wolf. If that is accurate than it means that Leo starts filming next Wednesday, and we get to see his Jordan Belfort look :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kat

Yes, there are many funny scenes in the book :)

And below is an excerpt from a Hollywood Reporter interview with producers about why they cast Jonah Hill

THR: Is Wolf, about a young New York stockbroker swept up in a large securities fraud case and based on Jordan Belfort’s autobiography, a heavy drama?

Aziz: No, and our recent decision to cast Jonah Hill was a good way of countering that notion. It’s a trippy, out-of-control story

Leo winning his so deserved Golden Globe in 2005: don't know if was posted before, but the video have very good quality.

i can't believe this golden globe is pretty much leo's only major accolade. when you look at his resume and then the list of awards he's won...it literally makes my heart ache.

and of course everybody say "he is the best actor of his generation" so where are his awards? I prefer actions no words, so please give him the recognition he deserve, no because he will be better actor just because he earned with this incredible work of art.

Rihanna and Brown were seen together in a marathon conversation Sunday night in St. Tropez as guests on the Serene, a $300 million yacht owned by Russian vodka billionaire Yuri Shefler. Also aboard were Leonardo DiCaprio, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, as well as members of the Saudi royal family and the night’s host, Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan.

On the Serene, we’re told DiCaprio celebrated without girlfriend Erin Heatherton before his “The Wolf of Wall Street” films next month. West entertained guests at sea by performing two or three songs.

Also in St. Tropez, Unik Ernest’s Edeyo Foundation drew 400 for a glittering Haiti fund-raiser at a chateau rechristened The Pepsi Castle.

DJ Steve Angello rocked the Monday night bash where Tara Reid was spotted dancing on a banquette after being treated for food poisoning and a weekend jet-ski mishap. The party raged till cops arrived at 4 a.m., but the crowds simply relocated to Les Caves du Roy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/riri_chris_sparks_at_sea_ecANtxqLnq6GeaWM8aiKLL

Rihanna and Brown were seen together in a marathon conversation Sunday night in St. Tropez as guests on the Serene, a $300 million yacht owned by Russian vodka billionaire Yuri Shefler. Also aboard were Leonardo DiCaprio, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, as well as members of the Saudi royal family and the night’s host, Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan.

On the Serene, we’re told DiCaprio celebrated without girlfriend Erin Heatherton before his “The Wolf of Wall Street” films next month. West entertained guests at sea by performing two or three songs.

Also in St. Tropez, Unik Ernest’s Edeyo Foundation drew 400 for a glittering Haiti fund-raiser at a chateau rechristened The Pepsi Castle.

DJ Steve Angello rocked the Monday night bash where Tara Reid was spotted dancing on a banquette after being treated for food poisoning and a weekend jet-ski mishap. The party raged till cops arrived at 4 a.m., but the crowds simply relocated to Les Caves du Roy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/riri_chris_sparks_at_sea_ecANtxqLnq6GeaWM8aiKLL

Urg, can I get a break from the Kardashians for one freakin' day please? :rofl:

Thanks for posting though :flower:

Barbie

Tks for GG vid :)

Osa

I definitely agree that Leo already has amassed an incredible body of work :yes:

Calibi

Tks for NY Post /St Tropez article.:)

I can believe looking at the vid that Lukas took that it was a $300 million dollar yacht.

Also, I noticed in another part of the article that Brown has been filming a hip hop video there that includes Swizz Beatz, the artist whose son Leo took a picture with last week.

As to Erin, I noticed that she is filming the VS Christmas commerical this week .

Nice to see that part of the party events involved raising money for Haiti

post-52324-0-1446083588-50379_thumb.jpg

some people he SHOULD NOT associate with :gocho: *coughs* CHRIS BROWN, naomi campbell and sketchy billionaires *coughs* :yuckky: o I%20dont%20know.gif

someone should tell him he isn't 23 anymore and its beginnng to look lame.

if only he was as good with his personal life as he is with his professional life...and NOT mr. double standards.

maybe he is just restless soulI%20dont%20know.gif

^Some people enjoy a good time at every age, he enjoys himself. I see no issue with that ;) Leo is leo and thats why I love him :heart:

Thanks Calibi for the article, and the info Wolf begins filming August 1st! Well that means leos got to be back soon...that was a pretty short trip!

Also means were gonna see the beard gone soon :D :clap:

Based on vids on Lukas' Mobli, Leo arrived back in NY yesterday , and just think this time next week he'll be filming Wolf !!

Lukas,also, posted a great vid taken from their car as they rode along coast of Portofino.

Kat

I agee, enjoying a good time/ party is not limited to a certain age :)