Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

sweet comment of Leo about his mom:

My mother is cool. She really doesn’t care about this whole [fame] thing – she truly doesn’t. She separates herself from it. She’s the only one who genuinely cares for what I do as a person, and doesn’t make my career out to be more than a job, which is what it is.

STFU

Wow, it was awkward and completely unnecessary <_<... as far as I know this is a forum, which means that people can talk all they want and nobody here has the right to say "shut up". Who doesn't want to read, go walk away.

Thanks girls by the pics and tweets :hugs:. No new pics :cry2:.

Does anyone here can tell me if Lukas Haas and Tommy Haas are brothers? For those who don't know, Tommy is a tennis player - regular :whistle: - and it seems that he's married to that woman (Sara Foster, I guess) that you have said here that was seen with Leo in Hawaii after he broke up with Gisele. I looked on Google but found nothing very conclusive... maybe it's just a coincidence.

Does anyone here can tell me if Lukas Haas and Tommy Haas are brothers? For those who don't know, Tommy is a tennis player - regular :whistle: - and it seems that he's married to that woman (Sara Foster, I guess) that you have said here that was seen with Leo in Hawaii after he broke up with Gisele. I looked on Google but found nothing very conclusive... maybe it's just a coincidence.

I don't have idea, Nanda.

sent you a pm. :wave:

sweet comment of Leo about his mom:

My mother is cool. She really doesn’t care about this whole [fame] thing – she truly doesn’t. She separates herself from it. She’s the only one who genuinely cares for what I do as a person, and doesn’t make my career out to be more than a job, which is what it is.

Awn :wub:. I love his relationship with his mom.

And about Sinatra... don't worry, Barbie. Leo always exceeds our expectations... and mine are always very high :laugh:.

Wow, damn it! I cannot stand reading this tweet anymore:

Leonardo DiCaprio never died in Titanic. Last scene: him going underwater. 1st Scene in Inception: him waking up on a beach.

It's enough! everybody knows Leo never died in Titanic <_<.

But I just loved this one:

Leonardo DiCaprio's parents did a very fine job reproducing, #IApprove

Me too, girl :laugh:.

Sunday is the most boring day of the week, along with the Monday... nothing new, nothing happens... but I might change my mind with new pictures tomorrow :whistle:.

I don't know why (must be the fever) but I'm starting to get a feeling that it's over between Leo and Erin... I had this same feeling with Leo/Blake and, well... I'll try sleep now :laugh:.

correction: this is a public forum to supposedly "talk" about a specific topic. Being a public forum doesn't give a few posters the right to HIGHJACK the board and blabber on about nothing pertaining to the topic. No, I will NOT choose to ignore just as much as I shouldn't have to go through post after post to find which ones are off-topic and which aren't. So, if some of you believe it's perfectly alright to make this board into a personal forum, I've got the same right to say to all that: stfu.

No, Lukas has two brothers but Tommy isn't one of them :)

thanks for the tweet kat.

hey, I just saw Martin Scorsese on tv and he confirmed that his next project is Sinatra I wonder if Leo is still his first choice to play Frank Sinatra? If so, I have to get used to this idea, still don't work in my mind Leo playing a singer and such an important artist to US and also because it's another biopic and I think he should quit doing biopics for a little time at least. And I already can imagine people criticizing Marty's choice, I mean everyone knows Marty loves Leo but I just hope critics or people in general don't get hostile about this. To be honest, even me being a Leo fan... :unsure: well, I'am not sure if I want to see him play Sinatra, I believe in his talent and dedication but I don't know. :idk: And maybe Leo really didn't do the role, who knows?

All I know is that I will see everything Leo does in his career no matter what, and if he makes Sinatra I will watch anyway.

yay! :clap: Marty's next project is Sinatra! I'm sure Leo will play him :dance:

don't worry Barbie! he will make it,cuz he can,100% sure you'll be in love with Leo Sinatra :p (if he plays of course :trout: )

about Leo should quit playing in biopics for a while.... hmm,I think it doesn't hurt if director is Scorsese,otherwise it hurts :laugh: they made amazing movies together,so I'm quite calm when I know Leo's working with Marty in upcoming project.

so sweet quote about Irmelin :wub: she seems really nice and lovely woman to me :wub: kinda like Leo, down to earth,you know nonHollywood person :p

Thanks Barbie for the Sinatra info. I would love for leo to play this part, sure its gonna be weird to see him sing, but with Marty behind the camera it will be fantastic!! In fact Marty did say he was gonna try and get leo and deniro in a movie together, perhaps this one?? :idk:

Winterbone: while I agree, that there is some off topic talking that happens on here that should be saved for PM, I think there is space for some off topic conversation, and going about it by saying STFU, is very rude :/

Wow, damn it! I cannot stand reading this tweet anymore:
Leonardo DiCaprio never died in Titanic. Last scene: him going underwater. 1st Scene in Inception: him waking up on a beach.

OMG Nanda you've pratically read my mind... Between that retweet and the picture of leo walking everywhere, Makes me wanna pull all the hair of my head.

It's enough people! , isn't funny anymore so STOP!!! :angry:

Part of article which mentions the giant box turtle - also , the writer was thorough; she/he contacted the webmistress, Marcie, of one of the longest running DiCaprio fansites, Simply Leonardo DiCaprio, for comments.

DiCaprio is in Australia shooting “The Great Gatsby,” director Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of the F. Scott Fitzgerald classic (which, by the way, boasts a character who runs a coffee shop). And when DiCaprio is in moviemaking mode, he does not speak to the press.

So how did DiCaprio and the La Colombe guys meet?

Somewhere on the eco-philosophical borders of Borneo and Sumatra.

“Borneo’s a coffee-growing country, it’s right across from Sumatra, and we buy from both places,” explains Carmichael, who, in addition to being a serious coffee dude is an adventurer who holds the world record for the fastest solo trek across Antarctica to the South Pole (700 miles in 39 days, 7 hours, and 49 minutes).

Carmichael and Iberti have been battling a major coffee producer in Borneo who has been burning off forests, endangering the ecosystem and the species that live there.

And DiCaprio, through his foundation, had been “working his brains off” in Sumatra, says Carmichael, trying to save the endangered Sumatran tiger.

“Eventually our worlds collided,” Carmichael says. “It doesn’t matter who you are. If you’re a coffee roaster, or you’re an A-lister, or you’re a guy just trying to save a tree from falling down, your worlds are going to come together as long as you’re really doing the work.”

The initial meeting of Carmichael, Iberti and DiCaprio was penciled in for five minutes. Nine hours later, they’re still hanging out, smoking cigars, watching the actor’s giant box turtle waddle around. The La Colombers were talking coffee, but Carmichael was also talking about the late actor Paul Newman, whose charitable foodstuffs company, Newman’s Own, Carmichael saw as a model.

“Instead of saying, ‘Can I get your autograph, and let’s talk about how much carbon emissions we have,’ I said, ‘You’re the new Paul Newman,’” he recalls.

“Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever,” DiCaprio says in a news release issued last week from the star’s camp and the artisanal roasters.

PHOTO: La Colombe's Todd Carmichael, left, and Jean-Philippe Iberti with their wares at 15th and Dilworth Plaza, February 6, 2012, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

La Colombe's Todd Carmichael, left, and Jean-Philippe Iberti with their wares at 15th and Dilworth Plaza, February 6, 2012, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. "If you're a coffee roaster or you're an A-lister, your worlds are going to come together," Carmichael says. (David Swanson/Philadelphia Inquirer/MCT)

“And he goes, ‘What?’

“And I said: ‘You’re him. You have to do this!’”

So Carmichael launched in on his pitch: a “next-generation Newman,” someone whose concern for the environment, and for people, and for organic, ethical, Earth-conscious food and drink, could be used to fund philanthropic causes.

That was just the start.

Carmichael and Iberti made return trips to casa DiCaprio, holding “long conversations about what we could do, what we could not do, and walking that fine line between endorsement and commercialization,” Iberti says. “The last thing he wants is to see his face in the grocery store.”

(The Lyon packaging is as tasteful as La Colombe’s other bags, embellished with DiCaprio’s crisp signature, and with an extra tag that explains the blend’s origins, complete with a QR code that designates where the funds generated from the coffee’s sales go.)

And so the La Colombe guys made the Hollywood guy some coffee. Lots of coffee.

(EDITORS: BEGIN OPTIONAL TRIM)

“We spent the next six months just blowing this guy’s mind with the coffee,” says Carmichael, who did note that DiCaprio showed a marked aversion to beans from Madagascar. Although the La Colombe team never identified what was being blended for him to sample, the star would invariably detect the mineral-y profile of the Madagascar bean.

“I kept trying to squeeze it in there,” says Carmichael, “and it wasn’t happening. Not that he knew it was (from) Madagascar — because we said we would not mention the countries that we were sourcing — but he picked it. ... He’d shake his head and go, ‘No, there’s something in there.’ ...

“He’s tough, man. Moviemakers are the most patient people because they know stuff takes five years. If it’s not perfect, they’ll say: ‘Ah, not quite yet.’”

(END OPTIONAL TRIM)

And then, finally, Leo said let’s do this.

“It was a lot of work,” Iberti adds, with a laugh. “When you’re meeting with Leo, and you’re talking, and you’re making coffee, that’s easy. But it’s a year and a half down the line and the coffee is just now coming out.”

(EDITORS: STORY CAN END HERE)

Over at SimplyLeonardoDiCaprio.com, the 12-year-old fan site run by Marcie Lucas, news of Leo’s charity coffee is prominently displayed.

“I’m not a coffee drinker,” confesses Lucas, reached by phone the other day. “But everything Leo brings attention to, all the fans are interested in. We all support him. I’m sure the coffee will do well.”