Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Here's the whole interview with Carey that someone posted earlier excerpt from. I love the way she describes her character

Carey Mulligan will stay at home and bake if she grows tired of acting.

The British actress has appeared in a string of successful movies including An Education, Never Let Me Go and Drive. She has also landed a role opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby.

Although Carey is passionate about making films, she would happily give it all up and become a housewife if she ever feels disillusioned with Hollywood.

“I’m not going to work for the sake of working,” she said in an interview with Collider. “I’ll work, if I’m extraordinarily lucky enough to continue having the same opportunities, but it will be based on whatever is there. If there’s nothing around, then I’ll go home and make carrot cake for a while.”

Carey is engaged to Mumford and Sons frontman Marcus Mumford. It was recently reported the pair are hoping to buy a farmhouse in the British countryside.

For now though, Carey is focusing on her career.

She was thrilled to land the role of Daisy Buchanan in Baz Luhrmann’s big screen adaptation of the classic 1920s tale.

Carey loves playing ditzy Daisy and finds it a refreshing change from her other movie roles.

“She’s such a good character. She’s so much fun to play. She’s just whipped cream,” she added. “She’s light and fluffy with no substance, and she knows it, and that’s her tragedy. It’s fun. I’ve not played anyone like her, and I wanted to be in a Baz Luhrmann film.”

The 26-year-old beauty went on to reveal her friends were thrilled to hear she would be working with Hollywood icon Leonardo. Carey was also overwhelmed at the prospect.

“Leonardo is the most incredible actor, on the planet, with a couple of people alongside him,” she gushed. “I walked away from my audition and I couldn’t believe that I’d been acting with him. I’ve worked with amazing people, but my friends freak out that I’m working with him. I freak out in a geeky acting way.

“They freak out in a starstruck way. He’s Leonardo DiCaprio, and his fame is so big.”

© Cover Media

http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.asp?H...mp;nItemID=7799

Joel Edgerton (Tom Buchanan) talks about Leo

He's been busy flying the Aussie flag in Hollywood and now local heartthrob Joel Edgerton is back in Oz alongside some of the best actors on the planet for The Great Gatsby!

Starring as uber wealthy Tom Buchanan in the Baz Luhrmann remake, which is currently being filmed in Sydney, the pin-up has opened up about what its REALLY like to work with such an impressive all star cast.

"The whole experience is great,"Joel told MTV Australia at the Aussie premiere of his latest release Warrior.

"Carey Mulligan I think is divine and I think Toby Maguire is awesome"

And how about his on-screen rival Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays the lead role of mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby?

"Leonardo is a great man," hehttp://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?act=post&do=reply_post&f=20&t=1405 told us on the red carpet at George Street's Event Cinemas.

"I think he's a great actor and he's a real professional and he's perfectly suited to that role."

And from the sounds of it, the Titanic hunk is pretty well suited to life Down Under too!

"Leonardo's got a pretty good Australian accent and he rolls it out daily," laughed Joel.

"It's like what happens when I go to other countries and I pretend to do other peoples accents, now I feel it all coming back to me!

http://www.mtv.com.au/news/2eb05530-joel-e...nardo-dicaprio/

This is pretty true :p

Does Leonardo DiCaprio have the must unlucky character history in cinema?

I always had this theory that Leonardo DiCaprio's characters have had the worst luck in Hollwyood;

He's been mentally retarded, been raised in an abusive family, had to suck dick for drugs, has had 4 lovers commit suicide (2 of them taking a total of 4 children with them), frozen to death, been shot in the face, bled to death in Africa, crashed a plane, drank his own piss, been locked in an iron mask for 16 years, been 3 times mentally insane, had his face burnt AND had to work for Tom Hanks.

Upon seeing another thread about the many deaths of Steve Buscemi (

), I was wondering if any other actors have such tragic CV's?

Edit: also keep in mind Leo is the protagonist in most of these films, and while serial bad guys are interesting, I wonder if any 'serial good guy' has been punished so.

^So true wijn!

Kat Yeah you finally have a Leo set!!! Nice! :)

Thanks hun :hug: I tryed to find some rarer pics, but I liked the rolling stone set too much :drool:

Thanks Solange for the Joel and Cary interviews. I love how Joel said leo was good at an australian accent!

Finally Leo in costume!!! :clap: :clap:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainmen...o-1226179906943

Video :D

http://video.couriermail.com.au/2161437935...-finally-on-set

LEONARDO DiCaprio made his much-anticipated first appearance on the Sydney set of The Great Gatsby yesterday - complete with period three-piece suit and trim straw hat.

The star, who plays mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby, strolled the White Bay set with co-star Tobey Maguire, rehearsing lines, before hopping into a vintage yellow convertible to film a scene behind the wheel.

While Leo had been conspicuous by his absence earlier this week, he was on deck all day yesterday as filming went into full swing in the shadows of the Anzac Bridge.

DiCaprio's stylish figure - a sharp contrast to the grimy surrounds - had him looking every part the Hollywood leading man.

It comes after The Daily Telegraph provided the exclusive first look inside the Baz Luhrmann-directed film that has seen the slums of New York and some of Hollywood's finest actors converge on a forgotten patch of Sydney's inner west, armed with a bulging production budget of $88 million.

Built on the grounds of Rozelle's abandoned White Bay power station, which has been recreated to resemble a barren wasteland on the fringes of 1920's New York, The Great Gatsby is expected to inject more than $120 million into the NSW economy over the four-month shoot.

A total of 1300 people will work on the film, which is being shot in 3D, including 275 full-time crew and 150 in post-production.

While much of the movie will be shot inside the lots at Fox Studios, the main set that remains unseen is the mansion of Leo's millionaire character.

But Leonardo DiCaprio - in costume as his character Jay Gatsby - appeared on the reconstructed version of a rundown 1920s Long Island town in Sydney's inner west yesterday.

DiCaprio cut a stylish figure in the slummy fictional village called Valley Of The Ashes, looking every part the leading man in the Baz Luhrmann-directed film.

He and co-star Tobey Maguire wandered around the set and rehearsed lines while their body-doubles were used to get the lighting and camera angles perfect before they stepped into a yellow vintage car to lock down the scene.

DiCaprio donned a period suit and a trim straw hat, which was a hit-style of the times, to film the scene in the car being towed by a film-truck. By his side was Maguire, who plays the perceptive narrator and character Nick Carraway who sees through the shallowness and deceptiveness of a man he can't help but like.

906594leonardodicaprio.jpg 915233leonardodicaprio.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Solange

Thanks for Oscar, Carey & Joel interviews :)

Win

Gosh, what great treats to come home to , thanks :)

As good as Leo looks as Gatsby, he would make anyone consider time travel back to that era, the GREAT Gatsby is right :drool: :drool: :drool:

Cameron sees first footage of 3D Titanic

Complete article link below

I think it looks spectacular,” said Cameron. “If I had 3-D cameras at the time and there had been 3-D theaters at the time, I certainly would have shot it in 3-D. It’s also just a way of reinventing the concept of a rerelease and getting people to come back to theaters and commit that three hours and 15 minutes to go through the experience again.”

The footage shown during the invite-only presentation at Paramount Studios included eight scenes, spanning from Kate Winslet’s well-to-do Rose looking up at the Titanic for the first time to the moment when the stern dramatically plunges into the sea at a 90-degree angle, as well as the iconic scene of Rose and Leonardo DiCaprio’s drifter Jack embracing on the bow.

In the scenes previewed Friday, the 3-D footage showcased the conversion’s visual reinvigoration of the existing material, especially during moments involving depth, such as a car being slowly hoisted onto the deck of the ship or Jack anxiously awaiting Rose at the bottom of a grand staircase amid a series of columns that seemingly jut out of the screen.

Cameron said that DiCaprio and Winslet have yet to see the 3-D footage of “Titanic,” but he has spoken with Winslet about the project, and she is “on board.” He hasn’t talked to DiCaprio about the rerelease because he’s been busy shooting “The Great Gatsby” in Australia but he hopes to reconnect with the “J. Edgar” star soon.

“We’d love to have them involved to the extent that I think people are curious about what their journey has been since ‘Titanic,’” Cameron said. “I think ‘Titanic’ cast a very long shadow over the careers of two extremely brilliant young actors who had to spend a lot of time kinda reminding people they weren’t Jack and Rose over the next few years.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/tec...N5PM_story.html