Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Hello girls!!!

First I need to say one thing...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?Leo in his boxers?! :drool: Gosh...I need some water! What are those legs?LOL

He looks damn hot,really girls! Tks Oxford,you made my day happier! :laugh:

Tks for the articles and pics! :)

Great finds, Avies! :flower: That first clip is very appropriate considering the recent paparazzo shots. Can't a man go out on his own balcony in a wife beater or boxer shorts without the whole world seeing? :p Or skinny dip in his endless pool? Mmmkey that hasn't happened yet... but a girl can dream. :ninja::laugh: Sort of related... I have no idea when this interview was filmed or what for, but the brief highlight that leads off the show reel is his very entertaining and animated description of an incident at a restaurant with Italian paparazzo.

yshulman 9 hours ago

my good friend @marianoequizzi recently filmed leonardo dicaprio. most impressive. Check the clip on this show reel: http://t.co/az6JbSy

And in case anyone didn't catch Leo's own tweets today... I made my calls, but you don't have to live in California to make your voice heard on this issue. :)

LeoDiCaprio Leonardo DiCaprio

This is our last shot. Please help. bit.ly/nfX7Zn #AB376 #stopsharkfinning #sharks

9 hours ago

Thank you for the interview with his Oma, Nanda. :flower: I hadn't read that in years... I can't believe Irmelin is 68... I can see where Leo gets his youthful looks and energy from. :D

From an old interview with Emily Mortimer, his co-star in Shutter Island:
He was very sweet... A delight to deal with.... A very cool guy—unpretentious and un-starry. He has enormous presence, but he doesn’t flaunt it at all and is very easy to talk to. Just an unpretentious person and an unpretentious actor, and really down to earth, considering. ... And there’s something very sweet about Marty and Leo’s relationship and their collaboration. It’s a very quiet respect and a kind of old-fashioned relationship—just lovely to be around.

Thanks aomg! :flower: Love all the kinds words above for Leo. :D

Article about newest Gatsby cast member Brendan MacLean. I love his comments about Leo
How has your time on set been so far?

We've had a few days on set, everything I'm doing is on Fox. It's a Baz film, so the sets will blow your mind. I'm an attention whore so I'm adoring the costume and make-up women who are truly the most glamorous in the film business. Everyone probably knows now that the big names have arrived; Leonardo, Tobey, Carrie are all darlings. Honestly, Leo is like a big kid. Cheeky, always laughing when things get too serious. You always know when the big three are in because paparazzi line the gates, they're like piranhas. But on set - they go out of their way to just be apart of the cast.

http://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/new...atsby/52017.htm

Oh he sounds like a total character! Never heard of him before, but I think I'm in love. :laugh: I definitely love what he says about Leo. :D Thanks ox!

Leonardo DiCaprio's eco home cold on privacy

Source

The house sounds beautiful. Shame about the paps for neighbors. <_< I'm surprised they're allowed anywhere near such an exclusive community. I saw tweets from one of the morning shows advertising that they were camping outside his house. :o "Tune in tomorrow!" I know it's Leo, but man, you would think it was some small town that had never been visited by a movie star before. :p

As to no paps catching Leo and Blake on balcony, like both of you, I think it is because they were more involved in indoor activites , or , Leo know they would be looking for the twosome at his house, so when she was in town, they didn't stay at his place.

As to Leo on balcony, who knows, maybe he looks out each morn to see if he sees any cameras, and when he doesn't he ventures out, not realizing he's missed some hiding ones.

:brows: Most likely on both accounts. ;) Thanks for the Avenue pix, oxford! :flower: I wonder if the interview is new... the intro is certainly intriguing ("Bad boy no more, Leonardo DiCaprio is the man no one thought he'd eventually be").

This is cute :wub:

Blake Lively and Leonardo Dicaprio - Their 5 Most Romantic Moments

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/blake-lively-and...c-moments/71108

Sweet, kat, thank you! :flower:

thanks for the links for interviews, Avies. Really great, I love that he's so intelligent and always have smart answers.

But in the first video you posted Avies, I didn't understand the first question the reporter makes to him and nor Leo's answer exactly, Leo was like joking it seems but I don't get what he said...

could someone translate for me?

LOL... I loved the last video you posted Avies, great and you are right we rarely see him talking in interviews like that, he's soooooooooooooooooooo nice and funny and talking so openly. Such an amazing person Leo is, in person should be even more. I'am in love with this Leo we see just sometimes. :heart::wub:

That's why everyone that REALLY knows Leo or have worked with him always talk good things about him and say how nice he is.

yshulman 9 hours ago

my good friend @marianoequizzi recently filmed leonardo dicaprio. most impressive. Check the clip on this show reel: http://t.co/az6JbSy

I bow down to you JouJou - that is an amazing clip. Not only seeing Leo as we rarely see him but, but with Bertolucci- O M G

My pleasure. :) I wish I knew what it was for, and if there was more. My google search turned up nothing.

talking bout the paparazzis

why he talks about environment

This part, Barbie?

Interviewer: "There are few people when you say just their first name and everyone knows who you're talking about, whether it's Madonna, or Prince.... When you say Leo... Is it strange for you to be looked at like that? Your name is Leonardo."

Leo: "Do you want to wait for these sirens, because this is probably unusable, right? [meaning the footage they've taped is probably unusable because of the noise outside]. That's an incredible psycho f-ing SWAT team going on out there" [sWAT is name of the emergency rescue police unit in L.A. - they have snipers and semi-automatic rifles and stuff like that, which is why he's making the machine gun noises ;)]

When asked about Beyonce pregnancy delaying production for "A Star Is Born".

Leonardo told E!, he turned down the role 4 months ago. The actor told E! he was never affiliated with the film.

However, this will allow Clint to find a co-star for Beyonce after his first choice Leonardo DiCaprio turned down the part.

Robert Downey Jr. and 'Mad Men's Jon Hamm have also decline the role according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Alot of actors and actress don't want to work with people outside of their expertise.

This is from LSA, I haven't read it anywhere else...

Probably just BS right? :o

Downey was rumored to have been offered the lead, but that was a long time ago when another director was involved, not Clint Eastwood. John Hamm was up for another role under same director, not the lead. Or maybe he was offered the lead as well... don't know, and don't really care since it doesn't involve Leo, tbh. ;) Didn't hear Leo's name until Clint came on board, but he turned it down.

Downey was rumored to have been offered the lead, but that was a long time ago when another director was involved, not Clint Eastwood. John Hamm was up for another role under same director, not the lead. I didn't hear Leo's name until Clint came on board.

Thanks for explaining :flower:

(I'm actually glad he's not doing ASIB)

Wow, thank you SOO much Avies for those vids! Great finds, and Its cool to see him more relaxed in his interviews. I love it when he says "Its like a fu-king swat team out there!" :laugh:

Also AWESOME find JouJou with the other vid! Both vids posted by both of you are great finds and shows how carefree and funny he is!

Some information as to which character Gemma Ward might play in Gatsby

It has been widely reported that Australian model, Gemma Ward, has joined the cast of The Great Gatsby. Her role is unconfirmed, but The New York Observer has started a rumour by reporting: "Of the female roles up for grabs, the most prominent may be Catherine, Myrtle Wilson's sister who accompanies Nick Carraway and Tom Buchanan to the party at the McKee's apartment on Fifth Avenue - best known for the moment when Tom clocks Myrtle in the face." At the moment, this is just speculation but, with filming reported to begin as early as next week, I'm sure we will find out if this rumour is true very soon!

From Sydney Morning Herald

Luhrmann's latest gives a third dimension to great tale of Long Island decadence

WHILE the rising dollar has kept Hollywood away, Sydney filmmaking gets its buzz back next week. Baz Luhrmann starts shooting The Great Gatsby, the $120 million-plus drama starring Leonardo DiCaprio, and a strong Australian cast that includes Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Jack Thompson and Gemma Ward on Monday.

The 3D movie breaks a three-year drought since Luhrmann's Australia and X-Men Origins: Wolverine finished at Fox Studios and recalls a time when the Matrix trilogy, Mission: Impossible II and two Star Wars episodes were filmed in the city.

In the adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's famous novel, DiCaprio plays the golden hero Jay Gatsby, with Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan.

For art director Ian Gracie, who designed the hit film Red Dog, it's ''a huge buzz'' getting the team from Australia and Moulin Rouge together again.

''The best thing about it is when you work on a Baz Luhrmann-Catherine Martin film, the art department becomes paramount,'' he said.

''You become part of the inner family, the inner circle, and it's a very, very, very interesting ride.''

Gracie said it was a similar challenge recreating New York during the Jazz Age to Paris at the turn of the 20th century.

''Trying to recreate any period of time from any part of the world is always difficult,'' he said. ''But Baz has a very strong direction - he knows exactly what he wants - and that makes our life a lot easier.''

Inside the soundstages, the crew has been building Carraway's bungalow, Gatsby's ornate bedroom and a combined garden, terrace, ballroom, map room and hallway from his ''castle'' on Long Island.

For Elizabeth Debicki, a 21-year-old who plays Jordan Baker despite graduating from drama school in Victoria only last year, pre-production has been fast-moving and fun.

''I think 'buzzing' is a good word,'' she said. ''There's a sense that everything is just coming together - all the departments - in the last week. It's just so exciting to see it building up. I can't wait to get on there and start actually making it now.''

Is it hard for a young actress to avoid being intimidated while working with some of Hollywood's biggest stars?

''Carey and Leo and Tobey are very involved in making it good - it's very easy to forget who they are and how famous they are because they just seem like other actors working really hard,'' she said.

''They're also lovely people - and Joel and Isla …''

While DiCaprio has attracted intense paparazzi attention, the cast also includes an actor who once won a BBC online poll as the millennium's greatest star of stage or screen. The Bollywood veteran Amitabh Bachchan plays Gatsby's shadowy business partner Wolfsheim.

Luhrmann described him as one of the world's great screen legends. ''Over the years, Amitabh's films have made a tremendous impression on my life and work,'' he said. ''His film Sholay was my introduction to Indian cinema.''

]With filming running until Christmas, Gatsby is expected to be released in time for Oscars consideration late next year. There will be particular interest in how Luhrmann uses 3D.

The director said he was interested in using it to express Fitzgerald's poetry in imagery.

''I have been mindful of the modernist approach Fitzgerald took to his writing, being influenced by the motor car, the new invention of flying, employing popular music in the very text of Gatsby … and the influences of modernists James Joyce and Joseph Conrad.''

Ads by Google

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/luhrmanns-l...l#ixzz1Wo2Fl9Ch

Avies2

Great video clips you found for us , thanks :)

Jou

I see you are ,also, out there discovering great video clips for us, thanks :)

Very funny

Or skinny dip in his endless pool? Mmmkey that hasn't happened yet... but a girl can dream

Nanda

Thanks for great interview with Leo's Oma :)

I loved seeing the pix of the two of them together.

Kat

Thanks for Oscar article; I like how the writer thinks :p

oh, thank you sooooooo much Jou, I appreciate your help.

thanks for the info ox, I was thinking who character Gemma would do in Gatsby because I didn't remember another important female character in the book beyond Daisy, Jordan and Mirtle, but now I remember of Mirtle's sister, Catherine, in the book she don't appear too much, but in the movie maybe it will be a little different.

It's funny to see how a clown like Leo is an excellent dramatic actor!That just shows his versatility as an actor. :)

Tks Nanda for this cute article! Hey girls Leo's grandma was russian right?

Actually, his grandma was German... his grandpa was Russian. Great mix :laugh: .

Thanks a lot Avies for the videos, great finds.

Oh JouJou I loved the video you posted. Amazing! Great job, thanks a lot.

Thanks oxford for more info on Great Gatsby.

TWEETS

@Laura_Katie Laura Hydari

My ex boyfriend just met Leonardo Dicaprio in a toilet in Sydney, Australia!! How flipping awesome! Jealous much Laura? Yu huh!

@glossgroupies Gloss Cosmetics

Star spotting! wow... Just saw Leonardo Dicaprio at one of Sydney hottest clubs. <3

@glossgroupies Gloss Cosmetics

Star spotting! Wow... Just saw Leonardo DiCaprio at one of Sydney's hottest night spots. <3

^Thanks for those tweets Nanda! Sounds like Leo was trying out the Sydney club scene. Now paps, get off your but, and DO YOUR JOB! :laugh:

And Oxford, if your right and the J.Edgar trailer premieres during WB's "Contagion" then the trailer should be poping up on the internet very soon, because it usually hits the internet, before its played during previews! :dance:

This is cute :heart:

Ed's 'Gossip Girl' co-star Blake Lively is currently dating Leonardo DiCaprio, who he recently worked with on Clint Eastwood's new movie 'J. Edgar' and the 24-year-old star joked their relationship will only last if he doesn't "put the moves" on either of them.

Asked if the couple will last he quipped: "Yeah maybe who knows, depends if I choose to put the moves on either one of them.

"I did just work with him recently. I had a role in Clint Eastwood's new movie 'J. Edgar' with him.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/268672...ied-for-a-date/

I wonder what they are going to shoot in Gatsby's bedroom?

Can't remember anything happening in there?

Thanks Oxford :flower:

Probably some love scenes or something :wub: I think Baz is changing up the book quite a bit, and maybe its for the better! It is if we get a Leo and Carey love scene :p