Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks sooooooo much Joujou for all the great LA tips you gave me :hug: Thanks Oxford you guys are all so sweet :hug:I'm staying on Sunset Boulevard near the sunset Plaza.. Really cool seeing all the places that the celebs ( especially Leo) frequent I saw two minor celebs that's it hehe. Visited Warner Brothers and the tour guide mentioned how J Edgar is currently post editing on the lot and he mentioned how he's seen Clint and Leo. Again too bad I couldn't see him that trip :( but I specifically wanted to go to WB just because I know alot of the movies that Leo does is distributed by that studio... I saw the soundstage that Leo shot a part of Inception and saw in the museum the actual wardrobe Leo wore in The DEparted ( brown jacket , gray shirt and jeans) Not extremely exciting but as a huge Leo fan all the Leo stuff is what got me the most excited hehe Thanks Oxford, Pami,Barbie, Nanda, sick, Kat, halolulu and Solange for everything!! I'll respond to your pm's as soon as possible :hug:

Really exciting seeing a new pic from J Edgar!!!! Finally something!

So true about this forum moving so fast!!!! Thanks to all you wonderful members who make this place so pleasant and informative!!

Actually I'm the oldest poster on here before you joined Kat I posted on here but you great girls weren't on here so it wasn't a place I visited on the regular Also there used to be too many haters but thanks Kat for taking the effort to get us to post on the regular :hug:

Haven't been posting here as much due to being busy but I hope to start posting here regularily as soon as possible because you guys are so much fun!

Yeah Pami that comment about the rumours of Leo being gay is kind of annoying but I guess most actors have these kinds of rumours. Of course like you said nothing wrong with being gay and of course we can never know for sure what leo's true sexual orientation is but I like to think he's straight so that's how I see him as hehe.

Sorry for the back to back posts but love the Leo quote you posted Kat!!! From what I can gather from Leo it seems like something he'd live by :) From all these sightings most people keep saying how polite and friendly Leo is! In addition, he seems like the adventurous type and wanting to make as many new life experiences as possible so the part of always accepting invitations seems like him in my opinion. Also would like to know when and where/ what context that quote was taken!!

Thanks for the Roosevelt vid!! Leo sure is quick hehe! Just saw that hotel today so very interesting to see that Leo actually was there the night before!! Lukas Haas seems to be his closet friends those two seem quite inseperable particularily in the last few months... They've always been close it seems but last year I didn't hear as much of them hanging out but now they seem back to how they were previous years. Just my personal observation... Nice Leo has such a close friend and multiple close friends that's truly special!!!

Love the Ellen interview thanks Barbie!!

aw thanks everyone for updates! :wave:

loved that quote of Leo

"Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome." Advice from Leo DiCaprio

and agree you fash about that:

From what I can gather from Leo it seems like something he'd live by From all these sightings most people keep saying how polite and friendly Leo is! In addition, he seems like the adventurous type and wanting to make as many new life experiences as possible so the part of always accepting invitations seems like him in my opinion.

A Soho House tweet sighting

dylansHotFireDYLAN

Now eating a chocolate peanut butter sundae at the Soho house. Leo Dicaprio to my left.. @Akaylongo

4 hours ago

Kat

Thanks for Movieline and E Online J Edgar articles :)

Also, thanks, for Glamour UK supposed Leo quote . I get US Glamour, but I don't see the quote in it.

Barbie

Thanks for Leo & Ellen interview clip :)

Fash

Hi, :wave:

It sounds like you are having a great time in L.A. and seeing a lot . I wish I was with you ! :p

Jou

Well said (Y)

Pami, do yourself a favor put those ignorant people on ignore.

Thanks for Cinema Blend article . I,too, hope they are right about J Edgar trailer That would be great :hell yea!:

Oh and from Glamour UKs twitter. I wonder if he may have done a recent little interview for them? Its always just girls on the cover, but every once in a while they have a little interview with a male actor! This quote sounds new anyway :)

"Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome." Advice from Leo DiCaprio

15 hours ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/#!/GlamourMagUK

Geez, I was expecting someone else to point this out but that quote is a line from The Beach. What kind of fans are you not to recognize it (/joke)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0163978/quotes

PS That post about someone being mad because they read some comment by someone else saying to the effect DiCaprio shouldn't play Hoover because of the homosexual connotations is idiotic.First of all, a person's sexual orientation is a matter of one's own choice and if it bothers you to hear that there are people out there questioning his sexual orientation, that is your problem, not anyone else. I never believe it when someone claims 'of course there is nothing wrong with being gay' - if that was true, then such comments wouldn't rile them.

Thanks fashion icon (for the gifs), sick (for the great photos), oxford (for the articles and the tweet), kat (for the info about J. Edgar), joujou (by the article of J. Edgar) and barbie (for the video, I love Ellen too).

Hello girls! smile.gif

Just read this comment below and I really cant understand why some people still think thet Leo is gay or whatever...nothing against gays girls,but I really dont understand it. I think it's time to stop these stupid comments,what do you think?This guy is talking about J.Edgar.

"Just think, frankly, that DiCaprio would not be the best guy. He is one hell of an actor - that's indisputable.And I really think he will do a fantastic job. But towards him there is a small problem: the fact that many think he is gay. I'm not prejudiced, but if I were his agent, I would advice him to let it go. After all, you're dealing with a character who had a very troubled sex life, which could bring, forever, even more doubts about the sexuality of Di Caprio."

Hey, Pami. I read this stupid comment on the site and I sent a response to the guy. Comment unnecessary and unfortunate. It seems that Leo would refuse this role for fear that their sexuality be questioned again... people don't know anything about him. I'm registered on this site and I'm always reading the articles about Leo. A critic detonated Inception there, the worst criticism of his life, so that everyone who commented said that he was wrong and that the film is one of the best they have ever seen. Overall the site is pretty cool, the problem is that there are people who know nothing about cinema.

Yesterday on TV was displayed a biography of Leo and I have a question for you girls... is it just me or do you also lose concentration when Leo appears on the telly? I just can't stop looking at him, holding my attention. Gorgeous :wub: .

thanks oxford for tweet! :wave:

Geez, I was expecting someone else to point this out but that quote is a line from The Beach. What kind of fans are you not to recognize it (/joke)

aw I really don't remember this quote from The Beach :idk: at least this movie has never been my fav ;) I last watched it when I was about 10 :/

Yesterday on TV was displayed a biography of Leo and I have a question for you girls... is it just me or do you also lose concentration when Leo appears on the telly? I just can't stop looking at him, holding my attention. Gorgeous :wub: .

:laugh:

yeah, he's really super cute boy! :p

remember when I was a kid,about 5-6 (Titanic period), I always was talking about him and once my dad joked me, if I was in love with him :laugh: remember, I was so ashamed :/

thanks oxford for tweet! :wave:

aw I really don't remember this quote from The Beach :idk: at least this movie has never been my fav ;) I last watched it when I was about 10 :/

Yeah I didn't know it was from the beach either! Like sick said, I don't watch the beach alot, its not one of my fav Leo movies, I only started to be a fan about 4-3 years ago, but its still good ;)

:laugh:

yeah, he's really super cute boy! :p

remember when I was a kid,about 5-6 (Titanic period), I always was talking about him and once my dad joked me, if I was in love with him :laugh: remember, I was so ashamed :/

Funny, I think I'll ever stop loving this man. My family also jokes a lot with me because I love him so much... and they have no idea how much I care and love him :laugh: .

Ah, and winterbone... I, like the other girls, do not remember this phrase in The Beach... I just saw this movie twice, just to see him shirtless :drool: :laugh: . But thanks for the info (Y) .

Hey I mentioned The Beach. :p I felt like a brat for pointing it out, but if my fan qualifications are going to be questioned.... :laugh:

Wasn't the comment that he shouldn't play Hoover for those reasons idiotic? The person making the original comment seemed to have a problem with gay people, or he wouldn't think it was a problem for Leo to be playing someone who was rumored to be gay. :whistle:

It seems that Leo would refuse this role for fear that their sexuality be questioned again... people don't know anything about him.

:yes: Thank you, Nanda. :flower:

here Leo and Ellen Page for Inception:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAlg3FLvnUE

Aw so cute! :wub: Thanks Barbie! :flower: I hadn't seen that clip before. Here's more from that interview...

I just noticed it was broken up into parts, but I'm not sure if any are different from the full length interview...

Thanks for the Soho tweet, oxford! :flower: Leo is a regular AND they have chocolate PB sundaes... now I really need to become a member. ;)

Thanks for the update, Fash! :flower: Ooh you are staying in the ritzy part of town. :D Sunset Plaza is right near where they were filming Gossip Girl one day last week, and that Coffee Bean I mentioned is nearby. ;) I like Chin Chin and Poquito Mas in that area, too. I'm sorry you missed Leo at Warner's, but it sounds like you are having a great time! I love seeing the costumes (usually surprised by how small they are; what size you think he wears? ;) ). This exhibit has one of his Inception otufits, and a bunch of other stuff...

Burbank Leader

Celebrating a century of creativity

August 09, 2011|By David Laurell

As the City of Burbank continues the centennial celebration of its incorporation, the Burbank Creative Arts Center Gallery is paying homage to the milestone with an exhibit of art and artifacts from six of the city’s most prominent businesses – Warner Bros. Studios, the Walt Disney Company, Cartoon Network, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Nickelodeon and Garry Marshall’s Falcon Theatre and Henderson Productions.

The exhibition that will run through August 25was officially opened this past Friday evening with a debut reception. Among the items on display from the archives of Warner Bros. Studios is a costume worn by Leonardo DiCaprio in the 2010 film “Inception” ...

The Creative Arts Center Gallery, that offers a variety of art classes for both children and adults in both the visual and performing arts, is located at 1100 West Clark Avenue on the north side of George Izay Park. Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

FASSHH!!!! So happy your having fun in L.A. and I understand your busy! So the response through PM from you is worth the wait ;) Cool you went to WB studios and saw his Departed outfit :p That was a VERY sexy outfit! :drool:

Thanks Oxford for the Soho tweet! :D

Yes, fash. Glad to hear you had fun in LA. And you visited the studios of Warner... I'm jealous :laugh: . Too bad you didn't know Leo, but that's something. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us :hug: .

Moviefone Unscripted | Leo & Ellen

I just noticed it was broken up into parts, but I'm not sure if any are different from the full length interview...

Part 1 , Part 2 , Part 3 , Part 4

I love this interview. It's really nice. Thanks for post here, joujou. Ellen, in all interviews to promote Inception, always said how much she loves the work of Leo... she's very cute.

You know, it's really a shame that anyone in today's society would confuse fiction and reality and question Leonardo's sexuality simply based on a movie role he's chosen. J. Edgar was a real human being, with a real sexuality, and that happens to be explored in this film. In my opinion, the public's opinion of his choice of romantic partners is the least of Leo's worries. He's played a gay role before and he's far from homophobic. At this point even if people did think Leo were gay.... who cares? Grow up.

Any Australians out there? :D

Daily Telegraph (AU)

Sydney gets a star billing with arrival of Great Gatsby star Leonardo DiCaprio this week

HOLLYWOOD superstar Leonardo DiCaprio will arrive in Sydney this week in preparation for his role in Baz Luhrmann's highly anticipated film The Great Gatsby.

With filming to start in less than three weeks, the blockbuster's other big-name stars, including Carey Mulligan, Tobey McGuire and Australian actress Isla Fisher, will also fly within the fortnight for the four-month shoot.

Director Luhrmann has spent the past month in pre-product- ion at Sydney's Fox Studios, where casting of extras and smaller roles has been taking place over the past week.

While most of the filming will occur at Fox Studios, where soundstages have been transformed into 1920s New York, some scenes will be shot in and around Sydney.

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell anticipates the big budget production - the biggest since Hugh Jackman's X Men Origins: Wolverine in 2009 - will inject $120 million into the local economy, with more than 800 jobs created for the project.

"I'm delighted Baz Luhrmann's next film - The Great Gatsby - will start production in Sydney next month," the Premier said.

"This is a major feather in the state's cap, and testimony to our world-class film-making capabilities - The Great Gatsby is an iconic New York story, but we'll do it ahead of the Big Apple itself."

The film, based on the classic 1920s novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, will star DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and is to be the first live action film shot in NSW in 3D.

The project marks the first time Luhrmann and DiCaprio have worked together since the Oscar-nominated Romeo + Juliet in 1996.

DiCaprio, the fifth-highest paid Hollywood actor, commanding $20 million a movie, will reprise the role made famous by Robert Redford in 1974, with 25-year-old British actress Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan, played by Mia Farrow in the original.

DiCaprio and Mulligan are understood to be spending their four months in Australia staying in houses rather than hotels, although exact details are being kept secret.

Tobey McGuire is Nick Carraway, while Isla Fisher will play Myrtle Wilson and Joel Edgerton will play Tom Buchanan. The tale of doomed love was filmed by Francis Ford Coppola in 1974.

On the local front... this man has good taste :D

BMillsTime Brad Miller

Leonardo di caprio is eating at my place as we speak he is even more beautiful in person

19 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/BMillsTime

His profile says he's exec chef at Inn of the Seventh Ray, a good healthy food place in Topanga :)

Nanda: I also saw your comment on Omelete, love it what you said for that guy. And I remember that ridiculous critic of Inception but the most nice is that almost all the people there don't agree with him and loved Inception. And I love this site because most of people there (including guys) defend Leo a lot, saying he's a great actor that deserves recognition and now they are saying he really deserves to win the Oscar for J.Edgar, they are mostly supportive of Leo and respect him a lot. It's very nice.

winterbone: I think you right, if I'am not mistaken that line it's really from The Beach, now that you said I can remember.

Thanks JouJou! So Leos going to Australia this week? Cool! Hes probably going down to find a place and get settled before he has to film in Sept. I can't wait to get set pics!! :D

Also thanks for the tweet! I also responded to your messages :)