Bellazon

Football

goose

On 30/06/2015 at 10:13 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

I do wonder if the scandal involving his son had anything to do with it? That did not speak very well of the culture that exists amongst the players.

It wouldn't have helped, but I suppose it could have had just as much to do with Pearson's own antics over the last year or so. Leicester's turnaround towards the end of last season was quite remarkable, though. Despite his rough edges (to put it politely), I can't see him staying unemployed for long.

As for his replacement at the Walkers, Steve Bruce comes highly recommended. By Steve Bruce.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite club is Carlisle United who currently sit in England's fourth tier (League Two) of Football.  They have a rather unique place in English Football history, they were the first club (and may be the only club) to have been relegated out of the Football League (top 4 tiers), to have also spent at least a week in first position in the top flight.  Between 1950 and 1974 they worked they way up the English Pyramid from Division 4 to lead Division 1 early in the 1974-75 season.  Then from 1975 to 2004 they worked their way down the English Pyramid, eventually being relegated to the Conference in 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we doing another fantasy football league this year?

Cue the music! :bellazon:

Yes, for anyone down for a spot of Fantasy this year, I've renewed our league for the sixth annual BZ showdown.

Classic League: 634173-157990 (players from last season are automatically entered upon registering a team)

Head-to-head League: 634173-220233

Transfers for the first gameweek must be confirmed by 8th August, 11:45 GMT and as per usual, free transfers are unlimited until then. All welcome!

I'd like to state my delight at extending my contract with my own fantasy team for another season. I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am. I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100% into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future. Hopefully it will give everyone a bit of a lift and show the fans that we are looking to do big things here and bring excitement back to the club. We want to get through this season, do well and I feel the up-and-coming years will be big. There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run. The fans have been the same. I am sure they will stick with us, help us get through this season and then looking into the future, it looks promising to me.

post-9484-0-1446013814-92523_thumb.gif

I don't think Delph's playing time will take as much of a hit as people think, largely because Fernando is a bit on the rubbish side. He has done the impossible though in revealing himself as the greediest player at a club with Raheem Sterling on its books.

• 2 weeks later...

I kindly urge any and all to join the head to head league as the raw points league can get a trifle predictable when Ed inevitably slides into a ten billion point lead by the first week of September (which, of course, is utterly unlike the Premier League which as we all know is always incredibly exciting). Leagues > Join a league > Private league > 634173-220233 and you're in.

Yawn, Arsenal. The endless crawl to 4th, players preoccupied with group selfies in their tighty whities after enthralling narrow wins against West Brom, a manager who drones on and on about how he nearly signed 'insert player's name here' when he was 7 but didn't because he couldn't fit his Game Boy into his suitcase...let me guess, a 2-0 second leg win just for the hell of it? 

Rest assured I have notified the admin team about Roy Keane's hacking of my account!

So we’re off again, with 'off' being the operative word in this particular instance. It only took 25 minutes to figure out that this season's Sunderland are, strangely enough, a lot like last season's Sunderland. I tell you, it's poor old Enrico I feel sorry for - not only did he cycle all the way from Italy to see that rubbish, he now has to get back on the bike, ride up to the Stadium of Light and watch us again on Saturday. :pinch:

On 10/08/2015 at 9:17 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Oh Arsenal! Cech has already becoming a bumbling goalkeeper just through sheer osmosis. :rofl:

Depending on which member of the media one listened to, he was magically going to be worth anything from 10-15 extra points to Arsenal's title tilt. I believe the Cech-ometer stands at -3 for the season so far. :pinch:

The uninitiated could be forgiven for thinking that Wenger had been playing an untested kid beforehand and was just waiting for someone to come along who could catch a ball, when in actual fact his back four had already tightened up quite a bit in front of David Ospina last year.

That incident was deplorable. Less than two weeks into a new season and Mourinho has already managed to come across as a bully, a sexist and a control freak. I'd like to have seen his reaction if Eden Hazard, undoubtedly Chelsea's most influential player, had been lying there with a serious injury and the medical staff had stayed off the pitch.

Still, I look forward to seeing Hazard banned from playing against City due to his poor game management.