Bellazon

Football

goose

Charly Musonda Jr. finally got a start for Chelsea. His joy after scoring his first official goal for them was honestly endearing but it's still up for debate if he didn't ruin his career by going to Chelsea at such a young age.

Tielemans is of his generation and stayed with Anderlecht instead of leaving at 16 leading to him now being a (bubble) starter for Monaco.

8 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Charly Musonda Jr. finally got a start for Chelsea. His joy after scoring his first official goal for them was honestly endearing but it's still up for debate if he didn't ruin his career by going to Chelsea at such a young age.

Tielemans is of his generation and stayed with Anderlecht instead of leaving at 16 leading to him now being a (bubble) starter for Monaco.

The early rounds of the League Cup are always a great opportunity for young hopefuls to grasp the nettle and certainly, no-one can accuse the lad Musonda of not doing exactly that. Perhaps needless to say, a lot of prospects have come and gone from Chelsea in recent years, but he seems especially determined to make it and honestly, I think he's in with a chance.

The usual late September on Wearside then, with another disastrous start to a season and another manager under growing pressure. The worst thing is that I actually like Grayson a lot, he's a 'spit and sawdust' type who I've no doubt would have us challenging for the play-offs in more favourable circumstances. Unfortunately, our current reality is such that avoiding relegation to League One might be a decent outcome this year.

12 hours ago, Michael* said:

Poor old Carlo Ancelotti. He got the boot from Chelsea after winning the double, then from Bayern with eight games won out of eleven this season, having previously won the league. That's what I'd describe as a rather tough crowd.

The problems with Bayern are greater than the manager. They should have started rebuilding after their 2012-2013 CL victory.

Instead they kept on relying on players who got further and further away from their peak. Robben turns 34 in January and he is still their second most important attacking option, depending on how you feel about Lewandowski.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Michael* said:

The usual late September on Wearside then, with another disastrous start to a season and another manager under growing pressure. The worst thing is that I actually like Grayson a lot, he's a 'spit and sawdust' type who I've no doubt would have us challenging for the play-offs in more favourable circumstances. Unfortunately, our current reality is such that avoiding relegation to League One might be a decent outcome this year.

And all with the never promising game at the under fire manager's old team right before the international break looming. I think regardless of the weekend you have to let SG continue, looking at October's fixtures, there's a lot of middling to dross opposition there. If he can't accrue decent points then, I suppose he's a goner. 

17 hours ago, Michael* said:

Poor old Carlo Ancelotti. He got the boot from Chelsea after winning the double, then from Bayern with eight games won out of eleven this season, having previously won the league. That's what I'd describe as a rather tough crowd.

Jeeves fluffed my pillows counterclockwise, off with his head! 

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:23 PM, Frederick said:

And all with the never promising game at the under fire manager's old team right before the international break looming. I think regardless of the weekend you have to let SG continue, looking at October's fixtures, there's a lot of middling to dross opposition there. If he can't accrue decent points then, I suppose he's a goner. 

Being unable to compete with moderate sides like Barnsley, Sheffield United and Ipswich has been hard to take and Grayson's post-match interview on Tuesday evening suggested that he was starting to feel the heat, although I must say, it still gives me some hope that fans of all the other clubs he's managed still seem to hold him in high regard. A move away from this endless cycle of sacking the manager every year is long overdue, it's been proven to fail time and time again and we need to start getting it right.

Four wins on the bounce, some stylish, some not. Big love to Adomah, young Keinan and of course The Kodfather, Jonny Kodjia. Terry watch: half ropey, half classy but clean sheets are undoubtedly happening. October has two away derbys so that'll be sure to test our fragile (Arsene Wenger voice) mental strength.

Everyone go watch Kagawa's goal from yesterday. Was simultaneously baffled, charmed and a tiny bit annoyed Bosz wouldn't even smile afterwards. It's not small time to enjoy life, Peter! And then definitely don't watch Aubamayang's penalty.