Bellazon

Football

goose

Barca have reportedly signed Abidal for €14m :clap:

Now just a centre back. I wonder how much Kaladze would cost? :whistle:

Actually, I think they have 2 of the best CB's in the world (Thuram & Puyol). IMO what they need is a defensive midfielder (Lamprd, may fit really nice in Barca), and a Keeper BADLY (get off V.Valdes).

Another futbol fan :clap:

Thuram and Puyol are great but I don't know why they want to sign another one because I haven't watched Barca play since forever, but Thuram is getting old and maybe the running is getting to him? :idk: Always good to have some depth I guess.

They got a "defensive" mid in Yaya Toure and I'm hoping he does well but he's much better when he is allowed to roam :whistle: As for Lampard, he's not a defensive mid :no: and I agree about Valdes. Actually I'm sure anyone who knows futbol would agree :rofl:

I don't know why i wasn't here earlier :blush: I'm a die hard football fan :clap: So you'll see me more often from now :yes:

I do agree that having depth is nice (maybe not always but 95%), but I think it would be way better to create better starters in all positions, than having depth in some (Forward, CB), and really poor options in some (GK, Def MF). IMO Thuram is still the best defender in the world, he ain't just that fast anymore (and this is why they need defensive midfielder). I know Toure came, but Barca needs at least 2 defensive midfielders, cuz Messi and Ronaldinho do not put anything defensively (nor do their reserves Deco & Iniesta).

And sorry, but I won't agree with you about Lampard :no: . I'm not saying his defensive skills are perfection, but people do not realize his defensive skills, cuz of his scoring ability :blush: . He has stamina, and with another DMF next to him (Toure) he will fit perfectly in La Liga.

One last thing, I think that Marquez is too slow for a midfielder to play in Spain (IMO he is better as CB), and Xavi is in Barca, just because he is their 2nd captain. He ain't really deserving to play in a top level team like Barca :no: .

------------------Valdes--------------------

Zambrotta----Puyol----Chivu??---Abidal

-----------Yaya Toure/Marquez-----------

-------------------Xavi/Iniesta-------------

------Messi--------------------Ronnie------

-----------Eto'o-------Henry---------------

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Here is 2006-07 Barcelona starters(IMO):

Trust me, this formation ain't 4-4-2

-----------------?Valdes?-----------------

Zambrotta----Puyol----Thuram---Abidal

-----------------Yaya Toure----------------

-------------------Lampard-----------------

---Messi----------------------Ronaldinho--

-----------Eto'o-------Henry----------------

This is Sraight up 4-2-4

And I don't want Lampard at Barca. I don't really like him. :/

he's just turned down a new contract worth more than £121,000/week...maybe he really will leave chelsea for barca.

i still doubt it, but it's interesting to see what'll happen... :ninja:

He better not come to Barca! :ninja:

WE. DON'T. NEED. HIM!!!!

Just for information, if ya'll don't know, his wifey is Spanish(as far as I know from Barcelona, but not 100% sure). So I think this deal is really likely <_< .

Well I'm just quoting it:

i'm happy i'm not a juve fan,shitty season awaits !

They signed Rossi and kept Trezeguet, Buffon, Nedved and Camoranesi. Plus they might some others like Giuly, Sagnol, Appiah etc.

:whistle: And Ranieri is 10 times better of a coach then Mancini and Angelotti combined :whistle:

Trophy @ the end of the season, just like whenever we are on :laugh:

I checked something like the last 7 pages of the thread, and I didn't see it, so if it has benn already posted I'm sorry, but....

.... Uefa has canceled the Armenia v Azerbaijan(Sept.8) and Azerbaijan v Armenia(Sept.12) games, cuz the pair didn't agree about where the game will be played. Armenia wanted the games played on a normal home and away basis but Azerbaijan refused to host the Armenians and proposed a neutral ground for both matches. As the result the neighbouring countries will be awarded with 0 points from those 2 games.

One last thing peeps, please tell me your fav. teams, so the discusion will got better

;) ( :laugh: I'll tease you :laugh: and you'll tease me back :laugh: ) ;)

Here are my fav teams on the leagues I keep tracking:

Italy: Juventus

England: Arsenal

Spain: Valencia

France: Lyon

Holland: PSV

Germany: Schalke'04

Turkey: Besiktas

And I don't want Lampard at Barca. I don't really like him. :/

he's just turned down a new contract worth more than £121,000/week...maybe he really will leave chelsea for barca.

i still doubt it, but it's interesting to see what'll happen... :ninja:

He better not come to Barca! :ninja:

WE. DON'T. NEED. HIM!!!!

Just for information, if ya'll don't know, his wifey is Spanish(as far as I know from Barcelona, but not 100% sure). So I think this deal is really likely <_< .

His wife is from Barcelona, even. I don't buy it, though. Frank Rijkaard realizes there's no position in our team where he could realistically play. :idk:

Again, we don't need him and his oversized ego at the Nou Camp.

I don't know why i wasn't here earlier :blush: I'm a die hard football fan :clap: So you'll see me more often from now :yes:

I do agree that having depth is nice (maybe not always but 95%), but I think it would be way better to create better starters in all positions, than having depth in some (Forward, CB), and really poor options in some (GK, Def MF). IMO Thuram is still the best defender in the world, he ain't just that fast anymore (and this is why they need defensive midfielder). I know Toure came, but Barca needs at least 2 defensive midfielders, cuz Messi and Ronaldinho do not put anything defensively (nor do their reserves Deco & Iniesta).

And sorry, but I won't agree with you about Lampard :no: . I'm not saying his defensive skills are perfection, but people do not realize his defensive skills, cuz of his scoring ability :blush: . He has stamina, and with another DMF next to him (Toure) he will fit perfectly in La Liga.

One last thing, I think that Marquez is too slow for a midfielder to play in Spain (IMO he is better as CB), and Xavi is in Barca, just because he is their 2nd captain. He ain't really deserving to play in a top level team like Barca :no: .

:clap: More futbol fans :clap:

Lampard isn't a defensive midfielder though. He can defend and he can play there - there's no denying it - but he has a tendency to push up and stay there. If a defensive mid did that you'd have a lot of problems in defense :whistle: It's like saying Gerrard is a defensive mid. He's got a better tackle that many defenders (and better than Fat Frank) but he's just not a defensive mid because he's always bursting forward.

You don't like Xavi? :o He's so classy though! How could you hurt my feelings like this? :cry2: :rofl:

Pffft. I don't why Laporta wants Lampard so badly. Seriously, Deco is 10x the player Lampard is.

One last thing peeps, please tell me your fav. teams, so the discusion will got better

Are they teams you support or teams you track? :clap: Valencia supporter but my first love is Liverpool :woot:

His wife is from Barcelona, even. I don't buy it, though. Frank Rijkaard realizes there's no position in our team where he could realistically play. :idk:

Again, we don't need him and his oversized ego at the Nou Camp.

She's from Barcelona :yes:

and yeh! there's no room for oversized egos! :persuazn: only enough to fit Henry in before the dressing room splits :rofl:

:clap: More futbol fans :clap:

Lampard isn't a defensive midfielder though. He can defend and he can play there - there's no denying it - but he has a tendency to push up and stay there. If a defensive mid did that you'd have a lot of problems in defense :whistle: It's like saying Gerrard is a defensive mid. He's got a better tackle that many defenders (and better than Fat Frank) but he's just not a defensive mid because he's always bursting forward.

You don't like Xavi? :o He's so classy though! How could you hurt my feelings like this? :cry2: :rofl:

Hey I put some text on bold from my quote. You see we are saying nearly the same things I think :blush: . You can't leave him as the only defensive midfielder(no doubt about it), but he is perfect for a defensieve tandem.

And you think Xavi is classy :x .

Oh my! :ninja:

OK I'll leave it alone :shifty:

Pffft. I don't why Laporta wants Lampard so badly. Seriously, Deco is 10x the player Lampard is.

I do agree that Deco is 10 times better than Lampard, but it's just about what the team needs. I mean Drogba might be 50 times better than Lampard, but if I was Laporta, then I might want Lampard more than I would Deco (cuz I already have Messi and Ronaldinho), or even more than Drogba (cuz I already have Henry and Eto'o) :/

Are they teams you support or teams you track? :clap: Valencia supporter but my first love is Liverpool :woot:

They are the teams I support, from the leagues I track ;)

I do agree that Deco is 10 times better than Lampard, but it's just about what the team needs. I mean Drogba might be 50 times better than Lampard, but if I was Laporta, then I might want Lampard more than I would Deco (cuz I already have Messi and Ronaldinho), or even more than Drogba (cuz I already have Henry and Eto'o) :/

For the kind of system Barcelona plays, Lampard is not the man for the DM position. Yaya Touré is. Rafa Marquez will make a decent understudy. We have no need for fat Frank. The man just turned down a 250K a week contract, I don't think that Barca should pay more than that for a player who doesn't even fit into our system.

For the kind of system Barcelona plays, Lampard is not the man for the DM position. Yaya Touré is. Rafa Marquez will make a decent understudy. We have no need for fat Frank. The man just turned down a 250K a week contract, I don't think that Barca should pay more than that for a player who doesn't even fit into our system.

Well, once again I know he is not a DM, but he is CM, and helps both ends, so I think he will fit nice in Barca(but if ya'll Barca fans don't like him, then :idk: ). But we can agree about the contract. Actually I think he doesn't deserve even the half of that :blush:

I was about to forget it once again (I do from Saturday), but Real Madrid has fired Fabio Capello.

Emilio Butragueno regards Capello as key to Madrid's championship win, but has faith that heir apparent Bernd Schuster will be a fine replacement.

Comment: I don't know is there any Real Madrid fan on this thread, but I'm like WTF!

If someone wants to know how the Real Madrid fans will look like about six months from now, I'll let it be known by now:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

real madrid is so unstable,always has been,a few years back they fired del bosque aften he won the league and champions league,history just repeats itself.There is just too much pressure at that club.This season will be barca's season.