Bellazon

Football

goose

We could do with an international lucky losers squad for Russia 2018, made up of talented players let down by inferior teammates. Pulisic, Bale, Robben, Vidal, Sanchez and Aubemeyang for starters. Big Jozy and Steven Fletcher as co-captains, obviously.

I'm no great lover of Man City and of course there's a heck of a long way to go this season, but we're probably witnessing some of the most entertaining football of the Premier League era from their current side, right up there with the best of Ferguson and Wenger's teams and possibly even better.

Compare and contrast that with watching Jose's United, which at times is like being locked in solitary confinement. :pinch:

On 10/15/2017 at 12:42 PM, Michael* said:

I'm no great lover of Man City and of course, there's a heck of a long way to go this season, but we're probably witnessing some of the most entertaining football of the Premier League era from their current side, right up there with the best of Ferguson and Wenger's teams and possibly even better.

I love the change of narrative in terms of KDB. From 60 million pound failure to greatest midfielder in the premier league. :rofl:

I mean, he was laready the reigning Bundesliga player of the year when he arrived in England.

On 11/1/2017 at 1:28 PM, Frederick said:

There goes Simon. A good man who'll come again at this level but whichever way you want to proportion blame the numbers do tell a sorry tale. Thoughts, Michael?

The problems at Sunderland obviously go far deeper than Grayson, but when you can't get a home win against the only side below you in the league, I suppose you can't really have many complaints about being shown the door. And while I'm not daft enough to expect the current squad to be pushing for promotion, staying comfortably clear of the bottom three certainly shouldn't be beyond them. In the long run though, it would seem that the club is going to need new ownership for anything to really change, preferably with the remit of rebuilding, writing off all the dead wood and getting a decent manager who has time to work.

Terry finally got injured and it's a bad one. Who could've foreseen such a tragedy befalling the lively youngster? Hands down, everyone Not Called Steve Bruce. Just as things were actually trucking along quite nicely, too. Samba and Elphick to the rescue? More chance of Moyes qualifying for Europe with his newly fashioned Anichebe/Carroll front line.

21 hours ago, Frederick said:

More chance of Moyes qualifying for Europe with his newly fashioned Anichebe/Carroll front line.

You can certainly set your watch to the kind of rinse and repeat cycle that middle order Premier League clubs get stuck in. They really love an 'exotic' flair manager, until they have a bit of a wobble and replace him with a dreary, result-grinding British manager. Of course, the problem West Ham now have is that the Moyesiah's ability to grind out results, regardless of what the likes of Leon Osman, Joleon Lescott and Danny Murphy would have us all believe, clearly deserted him after he left Everton.