Bellazon

Football

goose

From an outsider's perspective, although an eighth place finish and a cup final certainly isn't too shabby, it doesn't seem like many Southampton fans are that disappointed to see the back of Claude Puel.

I do find it strange though that no-one 'in the know' has questioned the club with regard to appointing him in the first place, because there's very little chance that the board weren't aware of how Puel liked to set up his teams beforehand. Surely, if you want attacking football, you hire a manager known for playing it.

3 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Spanish tax officials have accused him of tax fraud, something like 14.7M Euros.

They did the same thing to Messi.

If he really did that then it's not something the tax officials JUST found out lol, so why go after him now? It makes no sense... Wonder what he is going to do if he really leaves Real Madrid. He still has a contract with Nike right?

4 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

If he really did that then it's not something the tax officials JUST found out lol, so why go after him now? It makes no sense... Wonder what he is going to do if he really leaves Real Madrid. He still has a contract with Nike right?

Evidence :idk:

He can go were ever he wants and still got that Nike money.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Athlete, Soccer

2017 Celebrity 100 Earnings — as of 6/9/17

$93 M

This past year Ronaldo was named FIFA's best player in the world for the fourth time, secured a contract extension with Real Madrid that will pay him more than $50 million for each of the next four years through his 36th birthday and inked a lifetime deal with Nike worth upward of $1 billion. His native Portugal honored him by renaming an international airport after he led that country to a UEFA Euro title last summer. This season he led Real Madrid to La Liga title and back-to-back Champions League crowns. His growing line of CR7 branded products now include shoes, underwear, fragrance, jeans and a line of hotels. Ronaldo remains the most popular athlete in the world with 275 million social media followers.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/cristiano-ronaldo/

17 hours ago, Frederick said:

RonaldGO? As the old saying goes, life, death and La Liga stars not paying taxes. 

While it's no secret that Ronaldo is a highly competitive guy, trying to beat Messi's tax fraud record is perhaps taking it a bit far. :pinch:

Anyone ever have one of those dreams where, for reasons not altogether clear at the time, you can't quite seem to complete a simple task? That's more or less what supporting Sunderland feels like most of the time.

I've pinched myself a few times now, but haven't managed to wake up yet. :rofl:

Confederations Cup officially underway, then. If nothing else, the opening game should have arrested any fears about Russian doping at next year's World Cup, because I doubt there's any amount of drugs that could help this lot win anything.

23 hours ago, Michael* said:

Anyone ever have one of those dreams where, for reasons not altogether clear at the time, you can't quite seem to complete a simple task? That's more or less what supporting Sunderland feels like most of the time.

I've pinched myself a few times now, but haven't managed to wake up yet. :rofl:

Murky times, can see why McInnes seemingly gave the club a pass, even if Aberdeen's best case scenario is finishing 20 points behind Celtic and getting stripped of their best players in exchange for pennies. Is there fan consensus on which consortium they want? 

21 hours ago, Frederick said:

Murky times, can see why McInnes seemingly gave the club a pass, even if Aberdeen's best case scenario is finishing 20 points behind Celtic and getting stripped of their best players in exchange for pennies. Is there fan consensus on which consortium they want? 

It feels like the fans are more or less in agreement that a takeover must happen in order to have any chance of arresting the club's long term slide, and the rumour about the German consortium seems to have the most substance to it, although I've yet to meet anyone with a strong preference for who eventually comes in. And of course, the longer the whole process takes, the more damage is done to our short-term prospects. If it drags on much longer, we'll probably have to get used to the idea of the coming Championship season being one of transition instead of a realistic push for promotion.

22 hours ago, Michael* said:

It feels like the fans are more or less in agreement that a takeover must happen in order to have any chance of arresting the club's long term slide, and the rumour about the German consortium seems to have the most substance to it, although I've yet to meet anyone with a strong preference for who eventually comes in. And of course, the longer the whole process takes, the more damage is done to our short-term prospects. If it drags on much longer, we'll probably have to get used to the idea of the coming Championship season being one of transition instead of a realistic push for promotion.

This Fulwell73 consortium had better embrace reality quickly and distance themselves publicly from Blaggy McDonkeyface, even if in fact the whole thing is codswallop. 

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, Frederick said:

This Fulwell73 consortium had better embrace reality quickly and distance themselves publicly from Blaggy McDonkeyface, even if in fact the whole thing is codswallop. 

A group of fans taking over the club would of course be a romantic notion and to be fair, their hearts are probably in the right places, but it becomes all the more typically Sunderland when jokers like Tony Adams start getting a mention. Quite honestly, I'd rather Short not sell up and let Robbie Stockdale have a go as manager than bring Adams to the club in any capacity. Even bringing him on board as an advisor would be like hiring Paul Merson as a nutritionist.

7 hours ago, Sanni said:

My prediction: Portugal will win the 2017 Confederations Cup.

CR7 will be chosen as the best player of the tournament.

The Confederations Cup rarely generates excitement, but often seems to deliver it. This year, it's been just the right mix of straight-up enjoyable football and VAR-related tragicomedy.

In a perfect world, Chile would win it. Which I suppose you'd have to say makes Portugal the odds-on favourites. :pinch:

On 2017-6-28 at 4:46 PM, Michael* said:

I dare say the retirement of Scott 'Scotty' Parker will come as a shock to many fans, especially those of us who assumed he'd retired five years ago.

Even aged 6,342 and even as he was getting more and more accustomed to the Fulham bench he was probably still a few injuries away from the England squad.