Bellazon

Football

goose

^Ibra reminds me of a big kid who joins in with the younger ones in the playground, knocking them daft and doing all his best tricks, because he can and because it's fun. Everyone should do themselves a favour and pick up a copy of his autobiography 'I Am Zlatan' - it's absolutely hilarious. Reads like an Alan Partridge-esque celebrity parody. :laugh:

^Ibra reminds me of a big kid who joins in with the younger ones in the playground, knocking them daft and doing all his best tricks, because he can and because it's fun. Everyone should do themselves a favour and pick up a copy of his autobiography 'I Am Zlatan' - it's absolutely hilarious. Reads like an Alan Partridge-esque celebrity parody. :laugh:

if Lewondowski did the fake shot on purpose, that was just nasty.

And fitting that De Gea has a great game against Madrid <_< i'm amazed that both Benzema and Higuain haven't been contributing as much as they were last year. you'd think it'd be one or the other.

Somewhat inevitably, Fergie's much-vaunted masterplan to stop Ronaldo proved to be less than perfect, but overall United were good value for the draw. Looks as if there may be more potential for Van Persie to strike up an understanding with Kagawa than Rooney in the long term.

Equally, I thought Dortmund fully deserved their late equaliser. Roll on the second leg games!

Can you get Zlatan's book in English in non-Kindle form? Been dying to read it for a while now.

The English version appears to be strictly digital-only, so I had to settle for the ITunes one. But if you don't mind reading it onscreen, it's all here in PDF format (free of charge too) - http://pdfcast.org/p...-zlatan-english

A minimum of three Championship sides appearing in the last eight of the FA Cup this year. How many Premier League clubs (including my own) will be looking back now and regretting their blatant disregard for anything that isn't the league, I wonder? :unsure:

Does this not prove that the FA Cup is slowly dying as a competition as well?

A minimum of three Championship sides appearing in the last eight of the FA Cup this year. How many Premier League clubs (including my own) will be looking back now and regretting their blatant disregard for anything that isn't the league, I wonder? :unsure:

It's certainly a massively devalued competition these days, and the continuing presence of so many 'unfancied' sides in the draw is, of course, more a case of big club complacency than lower league revival. But it's still a path to European football and a chance to win a trophy in a league where the title is completely out of reach for all but three or four clubs. I wouldn't trade Sunderland's Premier League status for a trip to Wembley and a bit of silverware, but I'd have no complaints about finishing, say, 15th instead of 10th.

It's certainly a massively devalued competition these days, and the continuing presence of so many 'unfancied' sides in the draw is, of course, more a case of big club complacency than lower league revival. But it's still a path to European football and a chance to win a trophy in a league where the title is completely out of reach for all but three or four clubs. I wouldn't trade Sunderland's Premier League status for a trip to Wembley and a bit of silverware, but I'd have no complaints about finishing, say, 15th instead of 10th.

Do you attend home games? :)

I love the cup competitions, rather than serve as a distraction or a chore I have always found them a welcome relief from the weekly grind of the league, particularly in the more harrowing seasons such as this (and yes, in spite of the fact that we couldn't handle BRADFORD over two cotton pickin' semi-final legs). Michael nails it, 12th, 15th, I get that there's prize money differences but ultimately I could care less, you think my grandchildren will be told tales of how we finished 11th in the 1993/94 season over how we beat the champions in the League Cup final? Not a chance. Watching a game at 5.30 on ITV4 on a Thursday night would be a privilege to sit through if it meant Villa were back in Europe, heck, coming back to beat Stromgodset 3-2 fifteen years ago still gets my heart racing!

I think it's safe to say Arsenal are out of european competition :laugh: with 3 away goals they'd have to go to Bayern and score at least 3 goals on a team that had only given up 7 in the Bundesliga (i believe that's what the announcer said but don't quote me :p) I feel like Bayern are underrated in the European competition despite making two finals in 3 years or maybe it's all in my head.