Bellazon

Football

goose

Dear footballing brothers and sisters in arms,

Requesting the pleasure of your company at the fourth annual BZ Fantasy Premier League extravaganza (yes, it's that time of year again!). All welcome. First deadline is on Saturday August 18th 2012, 11.30 GMT, free transfers unlimited until then.

Classic League: 600942-153361 (I've renewed this one so players from last season should be automatically entered upon registering a team)

Head-to-Head League: 600942-153389

RSVP :heythere:

Came here just to see if the tradition was going to continue. I joined with only hours left, and will make debut in h2h. ;)

How are you guys doing by the way. Hope each and every one of you (whether you're reading this or not) are doing great with your lives.

As a well known Arsenal fan, and a well known optimist (by the old-heads of this thread at least), I am certain that this season will be another one on the long line of the trophiless seasons. Nevertheless, I hope for a similar effect of Henry's departure at '07 to be in place, when our team stayed relevant, and got respectable results during the whole year, even though at the end we came up a little short.

vPersie's departure was a sure thing to me, but him going to Manure was literally the worst case scenario. So our Liverpool fan friend's that read this, please PM me the formula of that Torres spell. :D

Anyway, let's all hope for beatuiful and competitive seasons on all the top leagues. And good luck to you Michael* on today's opener. ;)

Good to see you eNe, and thanks for signing up. :thumbsup:

I suspect yesterday's match would have been a rather dull affair for the neutrals, but it was a hard-fought game and though we didn't turn in a particularly pretty performance, I thought a draw was a fair result. Best of luck to Arsenal for the rest of the season. Now bring on Reading!

I hear RVP's house burned down last night. Police suspect Arsene. *Hangs head in shame, sees self out*

To be honest it wasnt a bad side, wanted to pick my own, but lost track of time. :D

Is the wildcard facility still avaliable Michael?

I believe so, the option to play it usually appears if you make more than the allotted weekly amount of free transfers. :)

Opening weekend sensationalist media rubbish at a glance:

- Van Persie never missed a chance on his right foot

- Rodgers/AVB out

- Steve Clarke is a genius

- Everton are the new Newcastle

- Ivan Ramis is the worst defender of all time

- Norwich are going down

- Southampton are staying up

- Rooney/Torres/Lampard/Gerrard is completely past it and should be shot/back and better than ever

- The Premier League is the best in the world because the second half of Man City-Southampton was quite good

Be interesting to see how this one pans out, like so many of his high priced English contemporaries, Johnson seems to have been in arrested development for a good little while. Not that he was doing badly at City as such but at 25 he needs proper game time where he's central to the play, not just cameos to tire out teams that are already 3-0 down.

For me this is second only to Darren Bent in terms of the club making a 'next level' signing, but of course, the ball's now very much in Johnson's court. Talented as he is, I always had the vague impression that Mancini would have played him more were it not for his slightly iffy workrate when coming off the bench. Hopefully, he responds well to challenge of once again being integral to his team, knuckles down and thrives at the SOL. If he sees out his contract then great, if somewhere along the line he can't resist the lure of another big move (ala Scott Sinclair) then we get a large fee. Everybody wins.

Did the Stoke fans really boo Aaron Ramsey yesterday? :persuazn:

Great to see Nuri Sahin back, even in Liverpool colours. I had feared his move to Real would prove to be a big fat waste of time and unfortunately that's how its been (thus far), which is a crying shame given how indecently talented he is. Bad news for all you Jay Spearing fans, though (you know who you are!).

(to the tune of Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon)

Nuribody does it betterrrrrrrr, makes me feel sad for the rest

post-9484-0-1446013686-63326_thumb.gif

The draw for the group stages:

Group A

Porto

Dynamo Kiev

Paris SG

Dinamo Zagreb

Group B

Arsenal

Schalke 04

Olympiacos

Montepellier

Group C

AC Milan

Zenit

Anderlecht

Malaga

Group D

Real Madrid

Manchester City

Ajax

Borussia Dortmund

Group E

Chelsea

Shakhtar Donetsk

Juventus

Nordsjaeland

Group F

Bayern Munchen

Valencia

Lille

Bate Borisov

Group G

Barcelona

Benfica

Spartak Moscow

Celtic

Group H

Manchester United

Braga

Galatasaray

Cluj

What a travesty for Borussia Dortmund that they just sent them to Group D, even though Group H was also possible.

Bring. It. On! Group D will be a right old ding dong (four actual champions, imagine that!) and I firmly expect us to put up a very credible challenge, particularly after the painstaking humiliation of last season. A win in the first game at home to Ajax is absolutely vital, set the tone for a great campaign, get to the knockouts and while we're at it, send City back to ITV4.

The transfer window is closed. In a couple of other forums that I visit, everyone is talking about how Arsenal got the deal done for Chinese international Fa-Kin No Wan. I have no idea who he is, but I'm really excited!! :woot:

The transfer window is closed. In a couple of other forums that I visit, everyone is talking about how Arsenal got the deal done for Chinese international Fa-Kin No Wan. I have no idea who he is, but I'm really excited!! :woot:

:rofl:

Good news though, Wenger appears to have hypnotised Abou Diaby and told him he's Yaya Toure. :thumbsup:

And now for something completely different. Not sure if this video is altogether legit, but it appears to have been made by a young lady with a thing for - yes, Alan Pardew. Apologies in advance for any psychological scarring caused, I'm off now to make one of me and Eva Carneiro.

http://youtu.be/hqAy_U_px8o

And can someone explain the Ronaldo situation to me? :confused:

From what I've read, it all seems to stem from a contractual dispute. New laws are coming in to raise income tax for high earners in Spain and Ronaldo wants more money from Real Madrid to make up the difference. A new deal was in the midst of being negotiated but supposedly the talks have broken down, so until they sort something out, expect to see his full repertoire of 'it's not fair' faces whenever he's on the pitch. :cain: