Bellazon

Football

goose

A lot of sad news lately in the sports. Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini collapsed during a game, and he passed away at the age of only 25. :cry:

oh what a loss .so sad for this,he may rest in peace and GOD bless his soul.RIP

Football! Bloody hell etc.

Bayern 2-1 Real Madrid: Not the end of the world for Jose I suppose, but Bayern were certainly good value for that win. Does Mario Gomez have a unique talent for reading the game or do his supporting cast (with Robben, Ribery and co at their disposal) simply create more chances than most?

Arsenal 1-2 Wigan: Tremendous showing by Wigan, pity for all 200 of their fans that Martinez's eventual departure will most likely be followed by the return of Steve 'Stevie' Bruce. Van Persie let me down majorly in Fantasy this week - in fact, the less said about my entire team, the better. From now on, when my instincts say 'go on, swap Aguero and Seb Larsson for Rooney and James McClean' I'll be doing the exact opposite. :angry:

Chelsea 5-1 Tottenham: Shock horror, 'Arry's legendary man-management skills aren't quite what they're cracked up to be. He should probably take the England job now, while the FA still want him. Chelsea's much-improved form since John Terry Roberto Di Matteo took the reigns confirms one of the footballing world's worst kept secrets - the senior 'pros' were simply against AVB from day one.

Sunderland 0-0 Wolves: Sorry, no recollection of that one. :unsure:

Chelsea/Barca tonight, Clasico Saturday. Hopefully, unlike previous encounters, neither game resembles an ill-disciplined kickabout in't park.

Not having that away goal will make it super difficult. That and Madrid conserved their energy prior to the Classico :/

It's crunch time this week!

Madrid: Bayern (A), Classico (A), Bayern (H) :woot:

Barca: Chelsea (A), Classico (H), Chelsea (H) :woot:

Chelsea: Barca (H), Arsenal (A), Barca (A) :woot:

Bayern: :ermm::dontgetit:

Drogba's antics were something approaching nauseating but, gotta hand it to them, Chelsea played pretty goshdarned (excuse my language) well last night. In the second leg, on a considerably more expansive pitch, it could be a long night for them.

post-9484-0-1446013680-84395_thumb.jpg

Friends, it is a beautiful day (albeit one slightly tainted by other events, see paragraph 2). To overcome a difficult start to the season in such comprehensive fashion is unbelievable; the grit of these players has been just phenomenal. Klopp is king and then some, the team he has assembled, the belief he gives everyone, its been ridiculous. Every player has worked so hard. The Champions League exit was embarrassing but it pales into significance on a day like today. Back to back champions, its an achievement that can never be overstated. Look where we've been and look where we're going, its a dream. Hummels for President! Kagawa for Emperor! Perisic for Mayor!

Meanwhile, here on Earth, Villa are just the worst. Just terrible. Its so bad. Its been so bad for ages now. I've had nothing to say about it because words are futile when you're as incapable as we are. It saddens me. Maybe we'll beat Bolton on Tuesday and stay up. Maybe we won't. Who the hell knows. What a life.

Can't our season just be over already? Though it's reasonably heartening to still see us grinding out points despite entirely lacking in cutting edge up front, the squad's numerous limitations have once again become all too apparent in recent weeks, and it's clear now that the magnificent form following O'Neill's appointment was down to the players simply running on adrenaline. Let's carry on scrapping for those last few available points, finish in the top half (fingers crossed), hang on to Stephane 'Lionel Sessi' Sessegnon (fingers, toes and eyes crossed) and regroup in the summer. As for yesterday's game, well, there was an air of inevitability about it ending scoreless. After several weeks of indifferent form and bore-draws, I'm getting used to it - but sorry Fred for dragging Villa down with us to our now-customary position of last place on Match of the Day's running order. :sleep:

Villa will be alright though, I'm fairly certain of that. The fact that McLeish is still in a job is to say the least, puzzling, but I still see Bolton and Blackburn as strong favourites to join Wolves in the Championship next year.

On footballing merits, as things stand, I could hardly complain if we did go down. We're the type of team that if I didn't support them, I would resent their existence. What's been particularly worrying is that everyone around us has shown a level of desire, an attempt at a cutting edge and a willingness to try and WIN each game, be it at the Emirates or anywhere else, whereas we set out to draw home games 0-0 or gleefully roll over for the "elite clubs" (McLeish's words, not mine). Whatever happens tonight, its been a truly shameful season. Don't get me wrong, I hope to goodness we win, but the fact that we have a relegation crunch game against Bolton (who's reserve team beat our supposed best XI 0-2 in the League Cup earlier this season) is just pitiful.

I can't believe the amount of people praising Chelsea's brilliant defensive tactics. If just one of the four times Barça hit the woodwork (Alexis and Pedro at Stamford Bridge, 2x Messi last night) had been a goal, they would have gone out. How is that brilliant? They knew their opponents would hit the woodwork? <_<