Bellazon

Football

goose

Has anyone played any of the recent PES or FIFA games? I bought myself a copy of FIFA 12 on the PS3 last week and my first order of business was to start up a league. With the idea that pace and quick passing would help an inexperienced player (and a recent convert from PES) no end, I picked Arsenal and began my campaign. Before my first 3 games were over and done with I had five injuries, including Van Persie for three months. How about that for gritty realism? :|

Real Madrid to win the CL & Liga.
Predicting Madrid to lose La Liga with a 10 point lead would be a feat. Winning it is inevitable.

It would take an astonishing run of results for Mourinho's boys to throw La Liga away but if we're talking Champions League, I still wouldn't hesitate to back Barca against them. Despite being the more consistent side over the season, Madrid's mental block when playing Barca remains, as illustrated in the last Clasico.

Has anyone played any of the recent PES or FIFA games? I bought myself a copy of FIFA 12 on the PS3 last week and my first order of business was to start up a league. With the idea that pace and quick passing would help an inexperienced player (and a recent convert from PES) no end, I picked Arsenal and began my campaign. Before my first 3 games were over and done with I had five injuries, including Van Persie for three months. How about that for gritty realism? :|

Hahaha you can't get any more realistic than that! :laugh:

It would take an astonishing run of results for Mourinho's boys to throw La Liga away but if we're talking Champions League, I still wouldn't hesitate to back Barca against them. Despite being the more consistent side over the season, Madrid's mental block when playing Barca remains, as illustrated in the last Clasico.

If Madrid's performance in the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey was anything to go by, it will be a great match to watch (bar the theatrics from both sides and Madrid's play resembling a street brawl rather than football).

Madrid are fast becoming cartoon villains in the eyes of the media these days, almost like the Valley to Barca's Bayside from 'Saved by the Bell' or the Shelbyville to their Springfield. It may be a little harsh to try and paint them that way, though I'd be inclined to have more sympathy for Mourinho if his masterplan for beating Barca didn't revolve around brazenly knocking seven bells out of them for 90+ minutes at a time. It's a sorry sight when Jose takes gifted players like Xabi Alonso and turns them into little more than glorified hatchet men. <_<

Congrats on the cup victory by the way, Ed (and Enigma, if you're visiting!).

^A goal so good, it must be fattening - or at least accompanied by an '18' certificate. :laugh:

So after much stress, two penalties, two red cards, and despite herculean second half defending, we couldn't hang on to a 1-0 lead and the Mags equalised in injury time. Still, a thoroughly enjoyable and decidedly retro game. Luckily, I'm a patient fellow and can wait until next season to see us wipe away the smug, obnoxious, desperate look that always seems to be on Pardew's mush.

AVB gone - it's Roy Hodgson at Liverpool all over again. Score one for player power and blinkered ownership.

Unfortunately doubt Milan has any chance but FORZA MILAN nevertheless

(Hi again everybody)

Should be interesting to see how Allegri plays it tonight - will he be tempted to try and do to Barca what Mourinho's Inter did a couple of years back? Whatever happens, I hope for Milan's sake that Boateng is playing and Mesbah isn't. Despite his apparently decent showings in Serie A, Mesbah was tortured by Theo Walcott in the near-disastrous collapse at the Emirates and appeared incapable of making a tackle. Conversely, Boateng seems a peripheral figure in league games, but the difference he makes against the big boys is there for all to see.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game - not least as a distraction from last night's FA Cup quarter final replay, which I believe can be summed up in a single picture...

post-20523-0-1446013680-27163_thumb.jpg