Bellazon

Football

goose

It's certainly reassuring to know that Harry Redknapp is the country's 'unanimous' choice to save us from Fabio. I mean, I've often thought that England could really do with an English manager who spoke the language fluently and was noted for man-management skills as opposed to tactical nous (unless the press consider 'just facking run about a bit, Pav' a tactical ploy). Like Kevin Keegan. Or someone to counter Capello's supposedly cold, aggressive attitude towards the players - maybe someone who'll give them free reign and embrace the WAG culture. Like Sven or Steve McClaren.

While we're on the subject of the Anfield cat and it's quite excellent Twitter feed - the fine publication that brought you the front page exclusive "Man orders Elvis jumpsuit online and it doesn't fit" (no really) recently delivered this bombshell... :chicken:

Mackem moggy in the limelight?

Published on Wednesday 8 February 2012 10:17

THE cat is out of the bag – a Sunderland mother today claimed the moggy which stopped a Premiership football match is hers. Christine Smith believes that the tabby, which ran across the pitch during Monday night’s game at Anfield between Liverpool and Tottenham, is her family’s missing pet.

She says the feline, called Keano after the former Black Cats manager, may have managed the 160-mile journey by finding its way into a truck destined for Merseyside. “It’s not an Anfield cat, it’s a Mackem cat,” said Christine of South Hylton. “It seems mad to think it is Keano, given how far away Liverpool is, but we are sure it is him. “When he disappeared a month ago, we thought we had lost him. It was so strange to see him on television. “We think it is definitely him. He has a black mark under his chin and a scratch across his nose. We don’t know how he got there. It’s amazing. All we can suggest is that our neighbour drives a lorry long distances and he might have grabbed a lift.

Christine, whose story was also to appear in the Liverpool Echo newspaper today, added: “Keano is a very streetwise cat and he loves to be outdoors. He would definitely be able to stand up for himself. It is mad to think it is him, but on close-up it does look like Keano. You do hear of pets who mysteriously turn up hundreds of miles away.”

The tabby scampered across the pitch 11 minutes into the game. After Spurs goalkeeper Brad Friedel attempted to get it, a steward finally managed to scoop it up. After the game, Liverpool FC said they had released the cat into the local area, and that they had seen it outside the players’ entrance to the stadium during the past few weeks.

Soon after its appearance on TV, a spoof Twitter account was set up called Anfield Cat, which soon built up more than 30,000 followers.

I hope she's telling the truth or she may get done for purr-jury (sorry). I can't decide which is the most amusing/absurd notion - the things that people will seemingly do to get themselves in the Sunderland Echo, the fact that said newspaper has been afforded yet another mention here at BZ, or the fact that Anfield may have suffered the indignity of a pitch invasion by a cat called Keano. :laugh:

While we're on the subject of the Anfield cat and it's quite excellent Twitter feed - the fine publication that brought you the front page exclusive "Man orders Elvis jumpsuit online and it doesn't fit" (no really) recently delivered this bombshell... :chicken:

Mackem moggy in the limelight?

Published on Wednesday 8 February 2012 10:17

THE cat is out of the bag – a Sunderland mother today claimed the moggy which stopped a Premiership football match is hers. Christine Smith believes that the tabby, which ran across the pitch during Monday night’s game at Anfield between Liverpool and Tottenham, is her family’s missing pet.

She says the feline, called Keano after the former Black Cats manager, may have managed the 160-mile journey by finding its way into a truck destined for Merseyside. “It’s not an Anfield cat, it’s a Mackem cat,” said Christine of South Hylton. “It seems mad to think it is Keano, given how far away Liverpool is, but we are sure it is him. “When he disappeared a month ago, we thought we had lost him. It was so strange to see him on television. “We think it is definitely him. He has a black mark under his chin and a scratch across his nose. We don’t know how he got there. It’s amazing. All we can suggest is that our neighbour drives a lorry long distances and he might have grabbed a lift.

Christine, whose story was also to appear in the Liverpool Echo newspaper today, added: “Keano is a very streetwise cat and he loves to be outdoors. He would definitely be able to stand up for himself. It is mad to think it is him, but on close-up it does look like Keano. You do hear of pets who mysteriously turn up hundreds of miles away.”

The tabby scampered across the pitch 11 minutes into the game. After Spurs goalkeeper Brad Friedel attempted to get it, a steward finally managed to scoop it up. After the game, Liverpool FC said they had released the cat into the local area, and that they had seen it outside the players’ entrance to the stadium during the past few weeks.

Soon after its appearance on TV, a spoof Twitter account was set up called Anfield Cat, which soon built up more than 30,000 followers.

I hope she's telling the truth or she may get done for purr-jury (sorry). I can't decide which is the most amusing/absurd notion - the things that people will seemingly do to get themselves in the Sunderland Echo, the fact that said newspaper has been afforded yet another mention here at BZ, or the fact that Anfield may have suffered the indignity of a pitch invasion by a cat called Keano. :laugh:

Investigative journalism doesn't come much better than that.

Did anyone watch MOTD that gameweek? I'm sure they showed more of the cat than the game :morning:

Barça were like the ridiculously beautiful woman at the bar, who alluringly smokes her cigarette whilst ignoring the advances of countless men.

Bayer was lead to believe - ever so briefly - that he had a shot, before Barça shot him down mercilessly and swiftly, the way befits a true femme fatale.

In other news, it would probably be best if I found a girlfriend soonish. :ninja:

What about 2002? :D

Well I certainly liked it when they beat Liverpool and Man U, but even more so when they generously let us win the league! Its too bad that Ballack's return has been a complete waste of time, money and goodwill; it slightly taints a person's memory of Chokers XI.

So long Niall and thanks a million for everything - singlehandedly dragging the club out of administration and general oblivion, finding us a Texan billionaire, appointing Ricky Sbragia as manager. Well okay, maybe not that last part but still, the contribution made to our club by the doyen of disco pants is one that I doubt will ever be surpassed. post-20523-0-1446013678-94018_thumb.gif