Bellazon

Football

goose

A nightmarish draw for the Champions League's two remaining English clubs. Chelsea/Napoli and Arsenal/AC Milan. Meanwhile, Man City have been drawn with Porto in the Europa and Man United will face Ajax. And most intriguingly of all, Stoke play Valencia. Unless the stars align and both win their respective European tournaments, it's probably the nearest we're likely to get to the ultimate good vs evil clash of Barca/Stoke in the near future.

jidongwon007.jpg

So this is what it feels like to be half-decent at home. Almost, almost makes the months of awful goalless draws and embarrassing defeats to fellow strugglers worthwhile. In hindsight I'm glad Bendtner fluffed his big opportunity in the early going – would have been way too soon to score against a team of City's quality. Credit must go to the overall team display, though I thought Cattermole was absolutely superb. Turns out there is a good player in there somewhere. In general, bloody marvellous - but let's not undo all the good work in the game with Wigan tonight. I'd happy with a point given the circumstances.

Here's one for my fellow connoisseurs of extravagant football commentary - Ji Dong-Won's winning goal, as reported in South Korea... :laugh: