Bellazon

Football

goose

I thought Juve weren't ig enough for Elia :whistle:

Liverpool have offloaded so much deadwood :D Cole, Ngog and Poulsen gone! Meireles to Chelsea unfortunately :no: and Bellamy back in? :idk:

Arsenal have Benayoun, Mertesacker and Arteta.

Potters got Crouch...wonder what role he'll play there <_<

Quite a busy deadline day.

* Van Aanholt on loan from Chelsea to Wigan Athletic

* FC Schalke 04 signed Teemu Pukki

* Mario Gavranovic on loan from FC Schalke 04 to FSV Mainz 05

* Craig Bellamy back at Liverpool from Manchester City

* Antonio Nocerino from Palermo to AC Milan

* Helder Postiga from Sporting Portugal to Real Zaragoza

* Harry Redknapp turned down a 40m pound bid from Chelsea for Modric

* Mounir El Hamdaoui forward of Ajax had a lot of trouble with trainer Frank de Boer. He asked for a transfer but Ajax couldn't seal the deal due to the demands of this arrogant player. Ajax send him to the 2nd team of Ajax. Sad

Seemed that Yoann Gourcuff was all set to go to Arsenal on loan until.... Olympique Lyon sold Pjanic to AS Roma and made it impossible for the club to let Yoann go.

This morning news was: Gourcuff did seal the deal with Arsenal before Pjanic and he's ready to go

Official statement from Olympique Lyon last night at 7pm: Yoann will soon train with the group again.

I thought Juve weren't big enough for Elia :whistle:

August 11 Elia: Juve not big enough for me

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/...-for-me?cc=3436

Deadline Day Elia joins Juve

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/...uventus?cc=3436

"This is the biggest club in Italy. For me it was very important that the coach [Antonio Conte] wanted me in making this decision."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Next he'll be saying that he's been a Juve fan since he was a little kid :cain:

Always thought Mikel Arteta would be a ready made replacement for Fabregas when the inevitable transfer to Barca eventually happened. A class player when fit but much like Van Persie, his reputation as an injury prone player seems to precede him at this point.

Come clean guys, which one of you is really Arsene Wenger? :chicken:

^ Well with David Beckham & Thierry Henry playing in the US and USA did quite well at World Cup 2010 it has been put a little more on the map worldwide but the 'football' will always be bigger in the US.

* Internazionale officially apologized to Luc Castaignos. Castaignos also a new player of Internazionale has been left out at the upcoming Champions League matches. Reason? Internazionale signed Forlan in to play the matches in the groupstage but they realized to late that Forlan already played the qualifying round with Atletico Madrid and he is not allowed to play the rounds in the groupstage.

I didn't know they have to make a list of players they qualify for their CL-matches.

Football or soccer as they call it in the United States, unfortunately, we only have 1 division of the football program here and is not very popular. It is a failure because football is a beautiful game when played well in Europe.

Domestic league football is a relatively young concept in the States, whereas it's grown organically in Europe and South America over the course of a number of decades. These things take time.

^ Well with David Beckham & Thierry Henry playing in the US and USA did quite well at World Cup 2010 it has been put a little more on the map worldwide but the 'football' will always be bigger in the US.

Not to mention the great Teemu Tainio. ;)

Footballing-wise in this neck of the woods, being considered genuinely embarrassing requires going above and beyond, but this whole thing with Gyan is completely ludicrous even by usual standards. Packing our best striker (unsettled or not) off to an obscure club with an average home gate of 398 while congratulating ourselves for making £6m out of a loan deal just doesn't wash, I'm afraid, especially when reinvestment isn't an option until the new year. To cover two forward positions we now have Bendtner, who at best is a bit of a question mark, alongside Ji and Wickham, both publically deemed not ready for the Premier League by Bruce. As if flogging an in-form Anton Ferdinand to QPR for no apparent reason wasn't bad enough. I can't decide if this is asset stripping by an owner looking to sell up, or rank stupidity on the manager's part. Either way, I see nothing but bad news ahead.

Had no end of problems with the Fantasy League this year missed getting my team in on time because the system crashed and then somehow being put in the pending list for the next two weeks, i am finally part of the league and up to 3rd. Not bad especially seeing i missed the first week. :D