Bellazon

Football

goose

Dear Socio!

Previously, on another forum you said that Eto'o isn't a good striker and Rijkaard is not a good manager.

I would love to hear your opinion now!

Cheers,

Avenger

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rijkaard isn`t a special manager. I`m not saying he`s not good, but I know alot of experts who say that.

not that anyone cares, but i played soccer for the first time since august 2004 on Mon, may 16. im so sore, but i scored 2 goals and we won 3-1. i have a game again tonight wed may 18, and its going to be interesting because i cant move right now

Rijkaard isn`t a special manager. I`m not saying he`s not good, but I know alot of experts who say that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope those experts find another job.

Barca achived most points ever, was beaten only 4 times, led the table since round 5. And won the title before defending champ Valencia, and the much richer Real, which also has better ranked players.

Maybe those experts can find an open position in marketing or something.

Dear Socio!

Previously, on another forum you said that Eto'o isn't a good striker and Rijkaard is not a good manager.

I would love to hear your opinion now!

Cheers,

Avenger

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still think the same. Eto is good forward but nothing more. I don't think he is the same level as Ronaldo or Sheva. Maybe Etoo will become Pichichi, but Makaay also did 2 years ago. He was scoring penaltys and Ronaldo didn't, because it was task of Figo in Real, and Ronaldo has not very less goals scored than Eto'o. Also Forlan is very close to Eto'o. Rijkaard is poor manager, and he showed it with Holland National Team. Barca was the best team in La Liga in this year, thats no doubt. But I wouldn't say that Rijkaard is so good manager as Mourinho or Benitez or Ancelotti. Everybody was speaking about role of Cruyff who was giving tips to Rijkaard from the back seat. With Rijkaard is the same story like with Del Bosque both are poor coaches with very good players in line-up and thats is half o their success.

And to CL Final.

Bravo Dudek. And for Liverpool I hope that in next season Morientes will find his normal shape in scoring goals, because Cisse and Baros are mistakes not forwards. Milan is champion on loosing matches which are already won. Like with Depor.

• 4 weeks later...

WHOA :o

a football thread OMG OMG OMG OMG

i'm so excited...

never knew about this place...

i'm a Liverpool fan-atic :p

and in Spain i support Valencia

My dream team is full of young guns though

GK: Casillas

He has to be on par with Buffon. He doesn't leak goals even though he plays in a team that has no defence in front of it. Unlike Cech <_<

Centre Backs: Nesta and Cannavaro

Need I explain more? Possible Alternative may be Ayala but he's OLD

Left Back: Zambrotta

Too good. Ashley Cole is sooo over-rated.

Right Back: Lahm

Can play left or right. I started out following him, but lost track of him. He has good potential.

Centre Defensive Mid: Xabi Alonso

Simply quality. Always calm with the ball, great tackler, tremendous passing and vision. Followed him since he was @ Sociedad.

Centre Midefield: Gerrard and Kaka

Gerrard because he's absolutely awesome offensively and defensively and he has versatility. He can play all over midfield and even as right back. Also he has leadership ;)

Kaka is brilliant. I love him, but he doesn't have defensive skills...and I'd rather not choose Lamps <_<

Wing Forwards: Robben and Joaquin

Absolute legends. I was watching Robben when he was at PSV and wanted him to come to Liverpool :cry:

Joaquin. Looks chubby. Makes defenses look like nothing. His shooting is a bit off sometimes. Don't watch him much anymore. I don't have cable TV :cry:

Centre Forward: Shevchenko

Legend. :)

Possible Subs:

Cech (Chelsea)

Vicente (Valencia)

Adriano (Internazionale :gocho:)

Van der Vaart (Hamburg SV)

Kuyt (Feyenoord)

Aimar (Valencia)

Maduro (Ajax Under 20s)

Pirlo (AC Milan)

Not exactly the best team you wnt to win games... :blush:

I hope those experts find another job.

Barca achived most points ever, was beaten only 4 times, led the table since round 5. And won the title before defending champ Valencia, and the much richer Real, which also has better ranked players.

Maybe those experts can find an open position in marketing or something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offence but I don't rate Rijkaard. Not saying he's bad, but he's definitely not that great...

i mean c'mon, there's no conincidence that once barca signed ronnie they started going up. He may not be the only factor but he's definitely a sizeable portion of the barca equation.

Nevertheless i love the barca uniform :yes:

True that. I concede, one player can't do it all, but before they signed Ronnie, Barca were still struggling. Rijkaard was still in charge then. As he is now. My point is, his tactics aren't that great and they don't even have as much impact on the team as Ronnie does.

Ronnie brought Barca up the ranks before Davids came and soldified the midfield. THEN they finished second.

I just don't rate Rijkaard as a great coach, like Mourinho, Hitzfeld, Del Bosque (arguably), Benitez, Capello. (btw, I don't rate Ancelotti either)

I also think I should point out that, in an era where "efficient" football is the norm, playing attractive, free-flowing, attacking football with a defence as lousy as barca's ain't exactly the startegy you'd want to adopt. but props to rijkaard for sticking with his philosophy because that's the kind of football I love, but it may detract from the teams possible success. I'm still waiting for Barca to get a better defence.

I'm sorry if my point isn't clear as it should be. I have a tendency to drift off and cover many other topics when I start talking about football.

True that. I concede, one player can't do it all, but before they signed Ronnie, Barca were still struggling. Rijkaard was still in charge then. As he is now. My point is, his tactics aren't that great and they don't even have as much impact on the team as Ronnie does.

Ronnie brought Barca up the ranks before Davids came and soldified the midfield. THEN they finished second.

I just don't rate Rijkaard as a great coach, like Mourinho, Hitzfeld, Del Bosque (arguably), Benitez, Capello. (btw, I don't rate Ancelotti either)

First of all, I don't think in such a complex thing as a football team is, you can change everything overnight. It's not like, they are weak, they hire a new coach and than from next week they beat everyone.

It takes time to make the players forget what the previous bad coach taught them, and build a team, with new tactics.

Secondly I agree with Rijkaard not being as good as Benitez or Capello. Yet.

btw I belive they made a serious mistake when they let Davids leave. He is a very good player, and added a lot to Barca's midfield game.

I also think I should point out that, in an era where "efficient" football is the norm, playing attractive, free-flowing, attacking football with a defence as lousy as barca's ain't exactly the startegy you'd want to adopt. but props to rijkaard for sticking with his philosophy because that's the kind of football I love, but it may detract from the teams possible success. I'm still waiting for Barca to get a better defence.

I ask you not to write down things like these. Barca leaders might notice it and start to think about it!

I love Barca because they play this way, if they start to play in an italian way, I won't watch them.

I'm sorry if my point isn't clear as it should be. I have a tendency to drift off and cover many other topics when I start talking about football.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem!

First of all, I don't think in such a complex thing as a football team is, you can change everything overnight. It's not like, they are weak, they hire a new coach and than from next week they beat everyone.

It takes time to make the players forget what the previous bad coach taught them, and build a team, with new tactics.

Secondly I agree with Rijkaard not being as good as Benitez or Capello. Yet.

btw I belive they made a serious mistake when they let Davids leave. He is a very good player, and added a lot to Barca's midfield game.

True. I'm a Liverpool supporter, I should know about transition. You make a good point about the complexities of football, but nevertheless, I only saw Barca start to improve after the introduction of Ronnie and Davids. I don't really see much skill on Rijkaard's part in trying to integrate Ronnie into his plans. Hell! a 5-year-old could do it successfully :p

I agree with you about Davids. He gave Barca some steel in defence. Provided a bit of balance to the team, and god knows where Barca would be if they had some sort of a defence. Everytime I saw Chelsea counter-attack I only saw Puyol and Valdes looking lost. I still maintain Barca should've won and knocked Chelsea out. <_<

I ask you not to write down things like these. Barca leaders might notice it and start to think about it!

I love Barca because they play this way, if they start to play in an italian way, I won't watch them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laugh: :laugh: we'll keep this between ourselves then. Anyway, all the Barca board members are quitting so it's all good ;) :ninja:

They play a very attractive style of football, I'm attracted to their philosophy and their jersey, but in my heart I must support Valencia. :blush:

BUMP!

Just wanted to know if anyone has been keeping up to date with the Confederations Cup and the WYC.

Any thoughts on the finals? tactics? players?

Did anyone watch Brasil v Argentina in the WYC Semis? Lionel Messi is great (Y) ;)

Watched the CC final yesterday. It was awesome!

Brazil didn't give a single chance to Argentine. Good defense, brilliant attacks, Argentine can be happy with this result.

Oh, and Adriano is unbelievable!

Honourable mention: Pablo "The Clown" Aimar - for his beautiful goal!