Bellazon

Guy Robinson
Thumbnail

faget

• 3 weeks later...

Interview by Edo Q © 2012

Cover Men Magazine

May, 2012

Hello Guy! Thanks for accepting to be interviewed for CoverMen Mag, to start this interview off, please give me some background information.

I was born in Bristol in the south west of the UK where I went to school then I moved up to London to go to uni at Kings College where I studied Spanish and Portuguese as a modern language degree-having graduated I moved to NY for a bit for modelling, but I now live in east London in Hackney.

-What do you remember from your school days? What was your favorite subject? Did you have many friends?

I went to school at Clifton College in Bristol where I definitely had some of the best days of my life. It is such a beautiful school and I had some of the best mates who are still my best friends even now with our different busy professional lives. My favourite subject was spanish and I went on to study the language at university in London because I loved it so much.

-Let's look back at how you started modeling, tell me about how you got discovered.I got into modelling whilst in my first year of university in London. I was a poor student and desperately looking for ways to supplement my income. It so happened that whilst out searching for a job I was approached my a small agency who I signed with very soon after in the hope I would make a bit of money on the side. Things were slow at first and I was frustrated with the business and always felt younger looking than everyone else, but soon enough things were picking up and I was treating it more as full time job even though I was still at uni.

-What was your first main assignment as a model?

My first main job was shooting Abercrombie and Fitch with Bruce Weber which was a great experience when completely new to the fashion world. We went to Vancouver for an all out, high budget 10 days job and working with Bruce was a fantastic. I totally admire the way he works.

-Who was your first major runway show for? What was the feeling before and after the show?

In my first season in Milan I walked for a Versace as my first show and that was pretty nerve racking for the first time. I'd never done a show before but its so quick and you're done almost immediately. I had to run around for the next few days like a crazy person so I didn't really have time to take it all in until I got home. Its a strange experience, especially the first time, as its just such a pumped up, over glamorised and in your face intense week. I found it pretty exhausting to be honest but that got a lot easier with each season, just knowing what. to expect and just how hectic it can all be.

-What was your first big break in the industry? What do you think made you so successful as a male model as opposed to the other good-looking guys?

First of all I think I've been extremely fortunate to have worked with all the people I have and am very grateful for the opportity I've been give. Secondly I've really gone for it and have worked hard with travelling at the drop of a hat-that counts for a lot. And lastly I just try to enjoy every job I do and get on with everyone I work with, longevity in this business is 90 percent about personal relationships and not burning any bridges along the way.

-Please share with me some of your recent and upcoming modeling work.

I've been lucky enough to have a longstanding working relationship with Dolce and Gabbanna who are of the most loyal labels I have worked for. Ill be going out to Milan soon for the mens shows again so that will be something good to lookforward to. Other clients such as J Crew, Macy's, Barneys, Tommy Hilfiger, Clarks and loads of other brands keep me really busy at the moment..

-Tell me about your way to have fun, the places you usually go and your way to enjoy life...

I love travelling and seeing new places which is of course one of the highlights of my job, but the moment I get a few days to myself is funnily enough when I want to do nothing. I love a weekend just being in east london, meeting friends for coffee on broadway market and of course spending time with my girlfriend. She also works in fashion so we both really appreciate what down time means. I just bought a new open top car so we could get out of the city on nice days and get into the countryside.

-I guess you've traveled around the world, where you would like to live other than where you do now?

I've lived in New York, Paris, Milan and London with regular stops to most big cities in Spain and Germany. I just took a holiday in Bali, Indonesia and thought it was easily the most beautiful place I'd ever visited - that is where I would love to live. Its a very special place indeed, but there isn't too much modelling out there right now so its def a plan for the future.

-Do you have one personal motto, that sums up your thoughts about life in a sentence?

'Let it go'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^ Thanks for posting those, gustavsson. I was going to, but never had the time to do so.

IMHO, he is the most underrated male model today. WHY? :idk: I want to see a whole lot more of him. :yes:

• 2 months later...