Bellazon

The Chemical Brothers
Thumbnail

blurdk

49143547oi9.jpg

As I was looking for a place for the new album Push the Button, I realized that my CD player already held 4 albums with Chemical Brothers. I now have a complete collection of their five albums, plus a handful of singles picked up on sale for the remixes. Which means that it's a top five band in my record collection...

And why is that? Why would anybody want a complete, ten year collection of albums from a dance act? Most dance acts should be so lucky if their second single becomes half as popular as their first, and putting together an entire album is way out of reach for most.

I think CB have a sort of rock approach towards the music: They have a distinct style, but they can make variations on the style and develop over time although they still sound like themselves. A CB album is more than just 50 minutes of the same beat with different synth riffs, it varies from the jumpy dance-and-shout-along anthems, through more hypnothic dance to "real songs" and maybe even a ballad. Using rock guitars, cithars, song, rap, samples, synth and ethnic percussion. Yet always recognizable as the same act that told us The Brothers're Gonna Work It Out. And always able to come up with a few truly memorable single tracks to sing, shout and jump along with.

Push The Button is no different. New, but all the same. Tradition with variation. New elements include some political phrases that you may or may not find relevant on dance music. I generally don't like overtly political music, so I'm not so fond of this either. But the music still kicks as much butt as ever.

Official Site

Discography:

xdustcd15mc.jpg

Exit Planet Dust

1. Leave Home

2. In Dust We Trust

3. Song To The Siren

4. Three Little Birdies Down Beats

5. Fuck Up Beats

6. Chemical Beats

7. Chicos Groove

8. One Too Many Mornings

9. Life Is Sweet

10. Playground For A Wedgeless Firm

11. Alive Alone

xdustcd26ll.jpg

Dig Your Own Hole

1. Block Rockin' Beats

2. Dig Your Own Hole

3. Elektrobank

4. Piku

5. Setting Sun

6. It Doesn't Matter

7. Don't Stop The Rock

8. Get Up On It Like This

9. Lost In The K-Hole

10. Where Do I Begin

11. The Private Psychedelic Reel

xdustcd42jh.jpg

Surrender

1. Music: Response

2. Under The Influence

3. Out Of Control

4. Orange Wedge

5. Let Forever Be

6. The Sunshine Underground

7. Asleep From Day

8. Got Glint?

9. Hey Boy Hey Girl

10. Surrender

11. Dream On

xdustcd51oz.jpg

Come With Us

1. Come With Us

2. It Began In Afrika

3. Galaxy Bounce

4. Star Guitar

5. Hoops

6. My Elastic Eye

7. The State We're In

8. Denmark

9. Pioneer Skies

10. The Test

xdustcd73ou.jpg

Push The Button

1. Galvanize

2. The Boxer

3. Believe

4. Hold Tight London

5. Come Inside

6. The Big Jump

7. Left Right

8. Close Your Eyes

9. Shake Break Bounce

10. Marvo Ging

11. Surface To Air

You're great, man. Thanks for this thread.

I have Surrender and The Brothers' Gonna Work It Out. I used to be into this kind of music, but now things are kinda different. I still respect them, though. They are the real sh*t, as far as the electronic scene is concerned. They survived and they have their unique style.

On your knees, German rave shit !!!

Scooter fits into the "same beat over and over" category... They are also survivors though, they must have been around forever...

But you can always be proud of Kraftwerk, the most important music name on the European continent since Beethoven (Y)

Scooter fits into the "same beat over and over" category... They are also survivors though, they must have been around forever...

But you can always be proud of Kraftwerk, the most important music name on the European continent since Beethoven (Y)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ugly25.gif

I can't stand German techno. I know there are exceptions, and some bands are certainly better than others, but really... I've never heard of an interesting electronic act from Germany (apart from Kraftwerk maybe, which I'm not too fond of, though...).

Haha, I wouldn't go that far. I can't really think of an interesting German band... hmm, there was a time when I enjoyed H-Blockx, Guano Apes... these two bands are quite decent, indeed. I've never liked Rammstein... Hmm, any else bands from Germany? Die Aerzte?  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... Germany don`t have Bands who are known  outside  Germany.

Maybe you know  the german band Beatsteaks, Rammstein or Tom Novy... Ok, it`s right, germany don`t have realy great musicans and you can not compare germans with english/usa musicans :D That are two differant leagues. But I like Wir Sind Helden, Silbermond, Wizo, Rosenstolz. I like very few german bands :D Because the rest is crap hahaha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>