2008 US Elections

Qball

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • Hillary Clinton
    • John McCain

wooot for gay rights :ddr:

By the way when is all this mess ending? I mean when do we know who is put up as Democratic candidate?

Because doesn't all this drama actually cost them point? I can imagine some people only voting for the Republicans because they're annoyed of all of this.

Hillary (Y)

I have no ideas of their programms though lol or at least I'm not too well informed. We did quite some in school a few months ago.

She won't do that though. What I liked about Bill, asides from the fact that he is a genius or that he can out right cheat on his wife and still have a generally good approval rating or that he can lie under oath without a sweat or that he just plays dumb when he bombs a country, is that he's much more moderate than his wife and he understands better the role of the state.

To be honest, with Hilary... I would prefer her only if she ran the office similar to her husband.. If she is into cigars is her business, lol... what I really want to address here is the condition of the country. Bill had our economy in a farely good state when he was in office and if Hilary can bring it even closer to that state then we have a chance. Obama is too green, we need seasoned people who have an idea of how to run a country and someone who can know which promises can be done and not just made.

All the rights in the world will be meaningless if this country falls below the recession we are already deeply in. All the fluff is only fluff compared to what really counts. We need to become stable economically before we find ourselves in serious trouble. I hope someone can understand where I am coming from. My opinion isn't about money, its about the life we have accustom ourselves to; the life thousands of people dream for. Our economy is in the worst state that its ever been.

If we do not have someone who can get us out of this, where will we be? we need someone seasoned, someone who knows what promises can be kept, one with the right agenda to bring us up to where our country needs to be not to pacify just us for a vote. People need to see what is best for our country not just what best suits them as an individual.

A lot of what I said here has a lot to do with a conversation with a few differrent people regarding this subject, I am absolutely amazed by why some people vote for the people they are choosing to vote for.. A vote for a countries leader should not be about one individuals agenda when we have an entire country is on the line; that very thing should have learned that from the actions of our current president in my opinion.

To be honest, with Hilary... I would prefer her only if she ran the office similar to her husband.. If she is into cigars is her business, lol... what I really want to address here is the condition of the country. Bill had our economy in a farely good state when he was in office and if Hilary can bring it even closer to that state then we have a chance. Obama is too green, we need seasoned people who have an idea of how to run a country and someone who can know which promises can be done and not just made.

All the rights in the world will be meaningless if this country falls below the recession we are already deeply in. All the fluff is only fluff compared to what really counts. We need to become stable economically before we find ourselves in serious trouble. I hope someone can understand where I am coming from. My opinion isn't about money, its about the life we have accustom ourselves to; the life thousands of people dream for. Our economy is in the worst state that its ever been.

If we do not have someone who can get us out of this, where will we be? we need someone seasoned, someone who knows what promises can be kept, one with the right agenda to bring us up to where our country needs to be not to pacify just us for a vote. People need to see what is best for our country not just what best suits them as an individual.

A lot of what I said here has a lot to do with a conversation with a few differrent people regarding this subject, I am absolutely amazed by why some people vote for the people they are choosing to vote for.. A vote for a countries leader should not be about one individuals agenda when we have an entire country is on the line; that very thing should have learned that from the actions of our current president in my opinion.

Hey

I agree about McCain, I think he tells it as it is and is very straightforward, but the one of the few things that make me apprehensive in voting for him is his stance on the war and how he wants to stay there until whenever possible. I dont agree with this and I think the troops should be evacuated from there cause its high time the Iraqis start being responsible for their own government.

It definitely will be a great election and I look forward to it being McCain vs. Clinton, I trust these two qualified candidates so much more than the delusional BO.

Hey

I agree about McCain, I think he tells it as it is and is very straightforward, but the one of the few things that make me apprehensive in voting for him is his stance on the war and how he wants to stay there until whenever possible. I dont agree with this and I think the troops should be evacuated from there cause its high time the Iraqis start being responsible for their own government.

It definitely will be a great election and I look forward to it being McCain vs. Clinton, I trust these two qualified candidates so much more than the delusional BO.

Have you looked at it through the perspective of the thousands of families who have lost their children or respected husband or wife in this conflict?? Innocent people over there are losing their lives and our own soldiers are dying as well. It is no win-win solution and there wont be one anytime soon. Its been more than 5 years now since this began and there is no clear ending in sight. I understand what you mean and I know there is no easy way out but the death toll keeps on rising. From what I hear, there is hardly any progress and I feel its a wastage of resources and lives at this point. I dont see any point in staying.

Have you looked at it through the perspective of the thousands of families who have lost their children or respected husband or wife in this conflict?? Innocent people over there are losing their lives and our own soldiers are dying as well. It is no win-win solution and there wont be one anytime soon. Its been more than 5 years now since this began and there is no clear ending in sight. I understand what you mean and I know there is no easy way out but the death toll keeps on rising. From what I hear, there is hardly any progress and I feel its a wastage of resources and lives at this point. I dont see any point in staying.

Any kind of confict battle or "war" is usually a no win-win situation when it comes to loss. I am only thinking of what would happen when someone backs down from an opponant dedicated to bring down another opponant. We engaged in the challenge and then back down when they start hitting what hurts us. I am not promoting war.. I really hate it myself.. I just don't think packing up and pulling out can be done as easy as the candidates make it sound. We have done it before and had a lot of loss in just the act of backing out. It worries me to see it again. The veterans I know that really think its a stupid idea.

but Afghanistan wasn't successfull either :ermm:

The US just goes in the countries, bombs them, yells 'We freed them!' and leaves the mess to the ocuntry and to the other countries.

At least in my opinion.

And I'm sorry but everybody knows why the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq started. And it's not the suspected weapons of mass destruction.

But the war needs to end. It's senseless and pointless.

• 11 months later...