2008 US Elections

Qball

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Barack Obama
    • Hillary Clinton
    • John McCain

This is my view of the 2008 US Presidental elections

Though not a majority opinion maybe... but a really strong one...

I think it is sad how this whole election has gone.... Come is this an election or theatre... we have done our voting for Americna Idol, now let's have votes for a presicdent here.... you have people who we are supposed to run our country crying... come on there will be more stress and pressure once in office what kind of leader will cry when things go wrong.. and the worst thing about it is that it actually won votes... so then you get everyone crying to get the votes.... p-l-e-a-s-e

We have people who are supposed to be running our country that aren't pledging their allegience to our country... my word it the country's allegience and any person who is to stand to run our country should stand their allegiance to it as well.... even if the words aren't agreed upon... but I must say that pledge is what what america is about and every true american should stand for it... It is our one flag, our one nation, or unity that we pledge for... and yes it was under GOD.... if you take the foundation out of a building and it will fall.... take the foundation out of our country and it will loose all structure and guess what is happening...

I can go on and on about my views of this Presidental election but I have to leave my home (which is own because of perseverance and dedication) to drive to the store ( that many third world countries don't have) and get groceries (any time I choose) and I have been given the freedom to do because of the Americans that stood for our country in strength and allegiance, qualities that our leaders should have.

my father mentioned this to me, and im not sure if its completely accurate

or not, but he said that even if hilary were to win the rest of the primaries

<which we KNOW she wont, obama's going to get a good amount of them>

that she Still wounldnt have the delegates necessary to pass muster.

hence, the vote coming down to the mysterious and frightening

'superDelegate' vote

which could swing any which way

thoughts??

that thought makes me want to pee on myself in fear, personally

azgirl mentioned hilary crying, hell, shes done it on Several occasions

the truth in that matter, on that subject--

is that in a serious situation, shes got big brass balls

and could handle anything that a man could

but SHOULD SHE be granted the chance to show us her big brass ones???? hell no

taking our intellignece for granted with that

maudlin show of tears???, playing on peoples protective instincts??

fucking disgusting

i came to decide on obama

because out of Anyone ive seen in politics <except jimmy carter>

hes the cleanest

theyre all dirty...

but he still has that new penny shine

which means he hasnt made too many deals with the devil.

^ I agree! And I love that Obama is steering clear of negative campaigning. The fact that candidates are so willing to slam each other with lies and try to mislead the public so they can get votes is kind of disgusting to me.

But I heard a funny comment the other day that Obama has one major "flaw": he's too intelligent for his statements to be reduced to soundbites for news programs, which is all most people ever hear from candidates. :laugh:

We have people who are supposed to be running our country that aren't pledging their allegience to our country... my word it the country's allegience and any person who is to stand to run our country should stand their allegiance to it as well

^^^^ i love it, too intelligent to be 'soundbytable' not a major flaw, a MAJOR

virtue

and has anyone heard about the 'pledge' that the candidates made to discount

votes from certain areas..i know one of the places was in michigan, the candidates were to take themselves

off of the ballot and not campaign.. everyone did, except our girl friday, hilary

and THEN after getting those votes she vowed not to campaign for----

shes ARGUING that she should be able to keep the votes

so much for integrity

i forgot to mention that the candidates signed

the pledge... including hilary

~rolls eyes so hard they get stuck for a minute~

• 1 month later...

Hillary all the way! Pennsylvania got it right last night with a double digit win for her.

I dont see the big deal about Obama, I dont find his speeches motivating at all. And when he does not have a script in front of him or a teleprompter, the guy cannot clearly talk, as witnessed by various debates, especially the last one in Philly. He does not inspire me one bit, unlike what the media wants to claim. He is the biggest whiner out of all 3 of them, he lost the debate but says he was treated unfairly and asked unfair questions about his Pastor and other associations. I am afraid if he is like this now, think of how he will behave when the GOP hits him in the fall.

Hillary has a command over words and can virtually talk about any subject with plenty of enthusiasm. She is more politically experienced to handle the situations than Obama and she is a tougher candidate.

I know she has problems and baggage(Bosnia) that every politician has, but her toughness is what I like about her. She has defied the polls and pundits to come back and win in states like New Hampshire, California and Texas/Ohio. With a 10% win in Pennsylvania yesterday she came back again when they predicted that it was going to be close. I think she will make a great leader with the toughness she displays, she is a true fighter.

For people saying for her to get out, ummm, why should she?? I echo the sentiments of others from last night that obviously want her to win and thats why they support her time and time again.

For people saying the math looks impossible for her without superdelegates, well the math looks impossible for Obama also without superdelegates. They both need the superdelegates to reach that goal of winning the nomination, but the media fails to mention that all the time.

Plus I feel that with the recent controversies of Obama regarding the bitter and clinging to religion/guns comments, association with a terrorist like Ayers and pastor disaster Wright, he will be less electable in the GE than Hillary.

^^^^ i love it, too intelligent to be 'soundbytable' not a major flaw, a MAJOR

virtue

and has anyone heard about the 'pledge' that the candidates made to discount

votes from certain areas..i know one of the places was in michigan, the candidates were to take themselves

off of the ballot and not campaign.. everyone did, except our girl friday, hilary

and THEN after getting those votes she vowed not to campaign for----

shes ARGUING that she should be able to keep the votes

so much for integrity

i forgot to mention that the candidates signed

the pledge... including hilary

~rolls eyes so hard they get stuck for a minute~

First of all they never made a pledge to take themselves off the balot, there were two other democrats(Dodd and Kucenich) on the balot besides Hillary. It was Obama's own decision of taking his name off, no one pushed him to do so. The only pledge that was made was to not campaign there and Florida, which they all fulfilled, except Obama in Florida, but more on that later

Second, Hillary said that there should be a redo in Michigan and so did many other people, in fact a redo was almost possible, until Mr. Obama objected to it. Why did he object to it?? Does he not want all those people to have the same rights?? Is he afraid of losing??? It was after Obama's refusal to allow for a redo did she say the votes should be counted as it is, and I dont fully agree with her, but I think she is smart for doing that. She is looking ahead at the general election where she knows that if the votes of Michigan and Florida do not count, those people will obviously feel betrayed and vote for the Republican nominee. I personally would want a redo in Michigan, but of course Mr Obama objects to it, so I wonder what will happen.

Regarding Florida, did you know that they all made a pledge to not campaign there at all, yet Obama ran a few ads there before the primary. Only a few media people picked up on this, yet for the most part they ignored it like they do with every lie he utters. So much for integrity right.

I personally want the Florida primary to count as it is and for a redo in Michigan, but you can only do so much when one candidate whines and destroys every proposal made regarding the fate of these two states.

wooot for gay rights :ddr:

By the way when is all this mess ending? I mean when do we know who is put up as Democratic candidate?

Because doesn't all this drama actually cost them point? I can imagine some people only voting for the Republicans because they're annoyed of all of this.

Hillary (Y)

I have no ideas of their programms though lol or at least I'm not too well informed. We did quite some in school a few months ago.