Bellazon

NBA

goose

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that on the highlights and was like, "did anyone else see that?" He's gotta be the best leaper in the league (now that he's back).

In Sixers news, Evan Turner is finally starting games and averaging 12 rebounds a game. Yes he is a guard that will average over 10 rebounds a game throughout his career. now that Linsanity is over it's time for Villiansanity.

Very interesting trades last night. Lakers adressed their main weakness, the PG position with Ramon Sessions. He had caught my eye when he had that 24 assists game as a rookie, but he never had a breakout ever since. This trade was probably the best thing that could have happened to him (although there was this Rudy Gay to Wolves trade that didn't go through a couple of years ago, which would have been pretty epic).

I feel kinda sad that Fish left, but I think he should have realized that he is not what he used to be, and accept his role as a backup PG. Kobe is probably pissed.

IMO the best move came from the Pacers. Leandro Barbosa is legit. They may not be the favorites, but they'll definitely cause some headache.

Also Portland threw the towel. I didn't see that coming. Sadly two of the best coaches in the league, D'Antoni & McMillan, got fired (well, more or less) during the week. nba.com called it the National Team curse (as both were assistants of Coach K). :p

The bitchest move was done by Denver. After Nene signed a contract this year with them (when there were a lot of teams interested in him), they traded him, and to the Wizards of all teams. I think it's a good move for Wizards though. McGee may be really talented, but his stupidity would have meant losing Wall in the near future. Don't believe me?

Lastly Matt, I'm really happy that Turner is performing this good. Starting was a real confidence boost for him.

Yeah that was a crazy dunk :laugh: and McGee might be one of the biggest wastes of (physical) ability in any sport :ninja: . Turner's rebounds are something else. To be averaging 6 per game averaging 25 minutes is pretty good. In Rockets news, ummm...above .500 I guess :mellow: and our best scorer's shooting an abysmal 41% from the field.

• 2 weeks later...

:ninja:

As to the team, I wouldn't have chosen them if I lived somewhere else, but they'll do. I kindof wish there was some kindof youth serum they could give Hakem I must admit :ninja: . I like Scola too. A lot of people woudn't call him excighting I guess since they prefer perimeter players but I'm definitely a fan anyway. Of course, I prefer the inside game in general. He doesn't have notable athleticism, height or stregnth on his side, but he's a good looking guy who usually gives it his all :laugh: .

I don't understand how people don't find players like him not exciting. When he gets people with those up and unders and those little scoop shots, that's basketball right there! I like the rockets. Kyle Lowry (philly pride) is one of the hardest working players in the league. Never thought he'd get as good as he is now. Been watching him since his Nova days.

you're right though, they still need that one guy, (as do my sixers :ninja: ) actually we have a player in Evan Turner who can be that guy, but Doug Collins likes to sit him for whole quarters at a time in favor of Jodie f*cking Meeks who is worthless. :|

:laugh: I never really understood that system. If you've won multiple championships and the team wins, they say you're brillians but if not, you're crazy. Its one thing if its a top contender team and you don't want to throw off the balance of what's working, but I say with a team like that, they have room for trial and error. They might as well just let him play to see what his full potential is. I agree on the post moves thing though. Most people would rather see perimeter player flash over post moves. Its an interresting commentary on the sport htough as Monta Ellis would be better than Tim Duncan if people's tastes were the measure of a player :ninja: .

• 4 weeks later...

Sixers post-15385-1336755024.gif

Congratz Matt. To be honest with the way they were playing entering the playoffs I thought they had no chance even after Rose went down. And Iggy was money in the clutch.

Garnett last night played out of his mind. 28 pts/ 14 rebs/ 5 blks. Too bad the referee's decided the outcome of the game in the final possession. For those who didn't see it: Hawks were inbounding the ball, and they were down by 2. Daniels fouled Horford before they inbounded the ball. Rules clearly state that it's 2 FT's + the possession. The refs came up with something like "the player was in the act of inbounding the ball", even though the ball was still in his hands, and bailed the C's out. One of the worst calls I've seen in my life.

Kobe had yet another great game, but Laker bigs aren't joining the party. Nuggets unexpectedly forced game 7. However not an exciting first round at all. Except for the Clippers v Memphis series. Crazy game tonight. Hope CP3 delivers. :)

Can you believe the Sixers could be in the conference finals this year? I mean the Celtics look old and beaten. Now the Heat lost Bosh. Who knows if they'll even beat Indiana. This condensed season has really changed everything.

You see Garnett finally getting called for that moving screen? Oh man, I laughed my ass off after that one. About time.

Heat vs Spurs championship...

I hate the Heat but with the Bulls out, it's inevitable. OKC vs Spurs will be a hell of a series. Excited for it. I'm pulling for the Spurs now that the Lake show is out with yet another embarrassing playoff exit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Bulls fan, so a Heat vs Celtics match up in the Eastern conference finals is basically a nightmare. I do loathe the Heat more, and as much as I want the Celtics to win game 7, I've been saying that if it goes to game 7...the Heat have this one. LeQueen wasn't going to lose the last one, I don't think he's letting them lose tonight. For the Celtics, I have to applaud Garnett for showing up to this series...and even though I didn't entirely discount them. No way I thought they were taking the Heat to game 7. Good work.

OKC vs Celtics = OKC Win

OKC vs Heat = OKC Win

I have no problem with Durant getting a ring