Bellazon

NBA

goose

You're allowed to be happy, but the fake new Heat fans as of after Lebron got there can go suck a fat one.

Btw the Heat just choked away a championship tonight

Miami is a bandwagon city... We're shitty fans. We only like our teams if they are doing remotely well. Not to say that there aren't TRUE fans, but for the most part we genuinely don't care much. :laugh:

Personally, I hate basketball, but I guess it's nice to root for a team once in a while, idk. :ninja:

As for sucking 'a fat one'... There is so much I could say...

Well, fat ones need love too of course. But yeah, Miami aren't known as the best fans by some standards. I would say because they have so much other things going on, but then New York and Los Angeles are great fans of course. Either way, the place is still packed and a lot of the athletes still love the exciting city life so it seems to all balance out. Actually, if you're not hounded as much at the resturants ect. it may more than balance out :laugh::ninja: . As to the game, its interresting to see the nearly 40 year old Kidd defending both Wade and LeBron relatively well in spurts. Dirk is shooting an amazing 51% from 3 in these playoffs, yet is only shooting like 2 per game strangely enough. Wade's flopping caught up with him, LeBron is lacking the killer instinct he once had and looks confused and his newfound jumper left as quickly as it came (started the series at an uncharacteristic 40% from beyond the arc and has been raining bricks the last two games) and he seems content to keep on shooting until it comes back which is limiting his drives even despite the fact that him even running toward the rim usually results in a foul call (Wade on the other hand with nearly 10 trips to the stripe in the first half alone). It should be interresting to see if LeBron will take advantage of the hometown officiating by driving or wait for his jumper to come back and if the Mavs can continue their momentum. Should be interresting either way :) .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the Thunder will win the West and Lob City will be the other conference finalist.

Heat will win the East :yuckky: and probably the Bulls will play them in the conference series.

I like the Knicks roster, but D'Antoni is all wrong for them. Although I fully expect Phil Jackson to take over there at some point.

His last hurrah as a head coach will be to bring his Knickerbockers a championship.

Hmm, I could see that happening with Phil Jackson. Never thought about that.

What a day for basketball though. Derrick Rose is must see TV. I have to see the Bulls every time they come to town. Saw them last year, Sixers beat them though. :blueeyedbaby:

I have big expectations for the Sixers this year. We're bringing back essentially the same team as last year so we should have a leg up on all the other teams who have new pieces. I see us finishing 4th or 5th in the east.

Nobody is beating the Heat this year though <_<

Not sure about that. Still a long way to go. We've seen both LeBron and the Heat do this kind of stuff before in the regular season. But the entire Heat season will be judge on whether or not they win their last game of the season. Don't forget that they are still screwed if one of Wade or LeBron goes out injured for any period of time. And I'm not sure if I believe D-Wade will manage two complete seasons without an injury.

Lob City looked pretty sloppy last night. Still enough time to rectify that, but if they don't improve I would revise my WCF pick to Memphis.

I think the Thunder will win the West and Lob City will be the other conference finalist.

Heat will win the East :yuckky: and probably the Bulls will play them in the conference series.

I like the Knicks roster, but D'Antoni is all wrong for them. Although I fully expect Phil Jackson to take over there at some point.

His last hurrah as a head coach will be to bring his Knickerbockers a championship.

Hmm, I could see that happening with Phil Jackson. Never thought about that.

What a day for basketball though. Derrick Rose is must see TV. I have to see the Bulls every time they come to town. Saw them last year, Sixers beat them though. :blueeyedbaby:

I have big expectations for the Sixers this year. We're bringing back essentially the same team as last year so we should have a leg up on all the other teams who have new pieces. I see us finishing 4th or 5th in the east.

Nobody is beating the Heat this year though <_<

I agree that the Thunder are the favorites, but I won't rule out Lakers just yet. It would be fun to watch how teams like Clippers & Blazers fair though.

In East the picture is clearer, with two heavy dogs Heat and Bulls likely to come out, and Celtics being the only logical alternative. I'd like to say that I like the Bulls better though. They're more balanced than the Heat, and they adressed their biggest weakness (SG position) with Rip Hamilton. With the added experience they have pretty much everything that it takes to win (a superstar, team spirit, great D, hustling bigmen, youth and will). Great season is ahead.

Never thought about your P-Jax to Knicks theory SS, but it makes ridiculously good sense. However I'm kind of on the opposite end here. I like D'Antoni, but I think the Knicks roster is all wrong for him. If NY wants to play Run&Gun, they needed to land a better PG (make it a much much better one). With Douglas running the point, and Melo creating plays they have no bright future whatsoever (even if they replace D'Antoni).

Matt, I was lucky to catch Sixers vs Hornets the other night, and as I caught them, Jrue Holiday caught fire. I agree that with a lot of new rosters Philly is a lock to the playoffs this season as well.

From what I hear of OKC fans (on basketball forums and such) many want Westbrook to be traded. I don't think that will happen during the season but depending on how far they get in the playoffs I could see them moving Russell.
Steph Curry for Russ Westbrook.

I'm not an OKC fan, and I want Westbrook out as well. I know it's not easy to get rid of such a talent, but he has proven that he'll simply never understand Durant is better than him. And they might get valuable pieces in return as well. I wonder what Magic would think for a Russell+Perkins for Howard offer?

PS: I really like Curry, but he just twisted his ankle for the 7th time within a year. :ninja: When you think that a couple of years ago OKC canceled the Tyson Chandler deal, this option doesn't seem that likely. Besides at the moment I'd say Russell's value is much more.

That awkward season when the Sixers are the #1 offensive and defensive team in the NBA and are blowing people out.

Hey Herve if you're looking for another team to get behind, we're the one. We play true team basketball with no superstar and play hard every possession. So fun to watch.

• 1 month later...