Ana Ivanovic
Thumbnail

aldago

Residence Belgrade, Serbia

Date of Birth November 6, 1987

Birthplace Belgrade, Serbia

Height 6' (1.83 m)

Weight 160 lbs. (73 kg)

Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)

Status Pro (August 2003)

BIO

Began working with Zoltan Kuharsky in October; formerly coached by Eric Van Harpen...Started playing tennis at 5 after watching it on television (in particular Monica Seles) and asking her parents to take her to a local tennis school...Mother, Dragana, is a lawyer; Father, Miroslav, is an economist; Brother, Miros, is three years Ana's junior, and likes playing basketball...Likes all surfaces, but prefers hardcourts...Likes watching movies, either at the cinema or on DVD at home; also likes to read and to listen to music (pop and R&B)...Enjoys playing basketball...Most admires tennis player Roger Federer for his professionalism on and off the court...Superstitions are to bounce the ball before serving the same number of times and to not walk on lines of the court...Favorite places to visit are Melbourne, where she has some family, and Switzerland, where she trains sometimes...Self-described as sensitive, detemined and a fighter...Most admires her family for all the support they give her...Speaks English and Serbian...Most memorable experience was playing an exhibition in Basel in 2003 with Yannick Noah and Mansour Bahrami...Pet peeves are mean, envious and two-faced people.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

SINGLES

Winner (1 WTA Tour): 2005 - Canberra; 2004 - ITF/Mallorca 2-ESP, ITF/Gifu-JPN, ITF/Fukuoka-JPN, ITF/Fano-ITA, ITF/Batumi-GEO.

Semifinalist: (1): 2005 - Warsaw.

Quarterfinalist (3): 2005 - Miami, Roland Garros; 2004 - Luxembourg.

source: wtatour.com

00227se.th.jpg 0067ew.th.jpg 0089mh.th.jpg 0093kj.th.jpg 0101ul.th.jpg anaivanovic0063yk6gt.th.jpg anaivanovic0076bx8uf.th.jpg anaivanovic0086kk5za.th.jpg anaivanovic0092jq6hk.th.jpg anaivanovic0108di5wz.th.jpg anaivanovic0116db9si.th.jpg

Edited by Qball

• 2 weeks later...

:o :o :o

holy crap, how long has this thread been here? ana ivanovic is great, one of the young rising stars of womens tennis, i dont think shes even 18 yet, anyhow, she has a good game that seems to get better with every tournament she plays, when shes out playing on the tennis court she doesnt really look that great, but when she dresses up for photo shoots, she looks like a total fox!!!!!! :drool:

just if anyones cares, shes in the second round of wimbledon now, and she should beat her next opponent to advance to the 3rd round

her official web site is www.anaivanovic.com

She's gorgeous, in my opinion.

Does need a little cardio to lose the baby fat though ;)

I hope she doesn't implode, tennistically, like Anna Kournikova. I saw her beat Mauresmo (who, in all fairness, was somewhat sluggish that day) at the French Open, and I couldn't take my eyes off her gorgeous face. If I've ever seen anything exemplify "Beauty and the Beast", that match certainly did :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...